Guns in movies drive me crazy some times!

gfrlaser

Not a poll, lol. But, I wondered, what else about gun use drives you crazy when you see it in the movies. One of my peeves is when they check to see if the gun is loaded. Gun fight about to happen and what do they do? Eject the magazine to see if it there are bullets in it! Worse is when the guy ejects a perfectly good shell from the shotgun. Hollywood. What are yours? Am I missing some?

This has been certainly discussed before, but here we go:

• Never running out of ammo.
  • Double-handed shooting (2 handguns).
  • One-shot stops and one-shot kills with handguns.
  • The Glock 7, made entirely out of porcelain and costs more than what you make in a month.
  • Cocking noises with striker-fired handguns.
  • Cocking noises throughout a gunfight.
  • Silencers make guns really quiet.
  • Dropped guns go off.
  • Shotgun loads propel the hit person across the room or through a wall.
  • A handgun bullet can make a car explode.
  • Gun control terminology everywhere, e.g.: This gun was registered to ...

I forgot a few:

• Whispering or communicating with low voice during a gunfight.
  • Shooting indoors and being able to hear just fine afterwards.
  • Shooting off locks.
  • "Only a flesh wound!"
  • Shooting a gun at a 90 degree angle (most often seen with the ejection port up).
  • Never experiencing any malfunction whatsoever.
  • Bullets spark.
  • Significant blood splatter after a bullet hit, especially entry-wound blood splatter.
  • Edit: I had to add this as a separate bullet point as it is super stupid - Double-handed shooting while rolling on the ground and actually hitting something - see Will Smith in Bad Boys and Bruce Willis in at least one of the Die Hard movies.

Was watching a NCIS New Orleans episode. Agent enters a dilapidated old house. Agent hears the racking sound of a pump action shotgun behind them. Agent turns around, guy is holding a sawed off side-by-side.

In X-Men, where Magnito takes over dozens of guns, spins them in the air pointing them at their owners, then racks the slides on the autos, and pumps the shotguns. Not one round or shell hits the ground! Did the entire police force arrive and point guns at bad guys while having unloaded weapons?

My wife doesn't understand why this drives me crazy. I remind her of this when she yells at people on TV for putting two horrible colors together in the same outfit. Oddly she does not find it amusing.

Or the TV series "The A Team". Used to watch it in the 80's. Those guys could shoot 1000's of rounds and miss every time. Pretty lousy marksmanship for Vietnam vets.

Howdy,

Or the TV series "The A Team". Used to watch it in the 80's. Those guys could shoot 1000's of rounds and miss every time. Pretty lousy marksmanship for Vietnam vets.

That was part of the plot. They NEVER killed anyone.

McGuyver on the other hand hated guns but would 37 people per episode using only the foil off of a stick of gum, a paperclip, and a couple of under the counter kitchen cleaners.

I've used the two shows as a way of showing ( no pun intended ) that people kill people, not guns.

Every time I mention a Hollywood gun goof my wife says "It's a freakin' movie. Get over it!"

Paul

Biggest beef I have, is, the actors that make these movies with all the gunfire and explosions and action, are the very ones that are making appearances promoting gun-bans and increase gun control measures. I stopped going to the movies years ago. These people, along with Pro-sports "stars", are not our heroes, and deserve no applause or being put on a pedestal. Our US Military are the only heroes left in America.
Glad to have served and my son and 2 grandsons, my dad and my brother all have served.

My peeve is about encrypted files or drives. The Hero tosses the tech guy a drive he just got from the bad guy. The Tech says something along the lines of "Give me a couple hours". I'm yelling "BS" when this happens. If something is properly encrypted with a good password, it's NEVER going to be cracked with current hardware.

In the past month I've seen TV shows where Dan Wesson was building Winchester 1892s in his shop while he and Sam Colt were both developing the percussion cap revolver, and a group of solders in "WWII" charging up a hill with M16s.

My big item is from Saving Private Ryan. An American sniper was getting ready to take out a German sniper who was in a building 200 to 300 yards away. The American sniper had a scoped rifle. He reached up to the "focussing" ring on the scope, twisted it a little and said, "Three hundred yards, two clicks." This just shows the ignorance of Hollywood.

Politics aside, my biggest peeve is when someone (usually a cop) is looking for an adversary with their gun drawn and you hear a racking sound when they see (or think they see) their target. Was the gun not already chambered? Then, when it is a false alarm, they continue the search and when they finally find the bad guy, you hear the gun racking again.

Yeah, when the shooter empties his high end handgun, shrugs his shoulders in surprise, then tosses it to the ground as he retrieves a backup and continues to pursue the bad guys down the dark alleyway. I know that we are supposed to be living in a throw away society, but isn't this ridiculous? Come on Hollywood[emoji845][emoji37][emoji37][emoji37]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A movie is a movie not a gun training film, it is about drama not good shooting. Just have fun and enjoy the film. :dance3:

All firearms in movies always make rattling, clacking, clinking noises when handled. I am sure all would agree, one would not fire such a weapon.

I think it was a Daredevil episode where a bad guy was slashing his knife in the air, and it kept making a metal on metal sound. Must of been a lot of minerals in the air.

Watching a Castle re-run last night. One of the characters was clearing a house with his Glock. There was a cocking sound every time he lifted it to eye level. Must of happened 10 times in one room.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back