Gun Show Tips

What I usually see at GS are items I only see on the internet as opposed to my LGS. So, if am looking for something specific, I already know what I am willing to pay and have CASH.
You can dicker a lot more with Andy Js than VISA every day of the week! Just my experience. YMMV

I've experienced what you are describing as well. Here are a few of the things I love about gun shows though:
1) I get to "touch" the product and examine it thoroughly. I cannot do this on the Internet.
2) I get to make a connection between me and the seller, read his body language and look into his eye. I cannot do this on the Internet.
3) If it is a good sales experience, I now have a contact that I can call up anytime or look on his website and know this is a trustworthy person to do business.

If it's all about price, absolutely go the Internet route and be willing to be patient. However, they 3 things that I listed are worth their weight in gold.

Lots of good advise here, I would add that I like to go to the shows because of the uncertainty principle, You never know what you may see. I also collect knives and you really need to look at them up close and personal.
Another thing that appeals to me is the opportunity to talk with other enthusiasts, when business is slow. That is half the fun for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back