Gun rights organizations

4Opencarry

So, obviouly USA Carry supports the NRA. I am a member of NRA and GOA but never joined NAGR because of their emails and constant bashing of the NRA. To me, all gun rights groups should be pulling together and not bashing each other. The NRA from time to time will call out NAGR's attacks on pro 2nd amendment supporters but I don't see them actually bashing any of the other groups. I think Dudley Brown just wants my money and now after seeing this article about Matt Gaetz r-Fla, I know NAGR lies. I know Matt Gaetz personally and he is a strong 2nd amendment supporter. Anyone feel NAGR is doing anything to help gun owners?
NRA-ILA | Florida Alert! Is Rep. Matt Gaetz a Second Amendment Friend or Foe?

Nagr

So, obviouly USA Carry supports the NRA. I am a member of NRA and GOA but never joined NAGR because of their emails and constant bashing of the NRA. To me, all gun rights groups should be pulling together and not bashing each other. The NRA from time to time will call out NAGR's attacks on pro 2nd amendment supporters but I don't see them actually bashing any of the other groups. I think Dudley Brown just wants my money and now after seeing this article about Matt Gaetz r-Fla, I know NAGR lies. I know Matt Gaetz personally and he is a strong 2nd amendment supporter. Anyone feel NAGR is doing anything to help gun owners?

I believe that the bashing of the NRA by NGRA is offensive to me. Enough that I tell others not to follow them on Facebook. I believe that some of their members must be part of the Baptist church that was protesting military funerals. I am very outspoken of the past affiliation the NRA had with Harry Reid and Joe Manchin of West Virginia. You'll almost never hear Dem's throwing their buddies under the bus. Didn't take me long to unfriend them on Facebook.

Let them bash. The NRA has done more protecting the rights of law abiding gun owners then the NGRA can do in the next 100 years, and gun owners know it.

So you didn't get enough answers about NAGR back in Dec. 2012 when you asked basically the same question? The same link I left in that thread with the most detailed information on NAGR and Dudley Brown I've seen anywhere on the interwebs is still there. I also gave you a link to a thread here on USACarry that summarized a lot of the info at that link.

But we can do it again, that's fine.

Neither NAGR or N R A get my money. SAF, GOA and JPFO do.

Blues

So Blues, what is your point? It's not basically the same question. If anything I was showing people how Dudley lied about Matt Gaetz and not asking the same question. My question at the end of this post was: "Anyone feel NAGR is doing anything to help gun owners?" Previous question: Do you belong to 1 or the other or both? And why?" Besides, if I did want to ask the same question in 10 different posts, what is it to you. Are you the question police? I come on here for friendly discussion and not to get challenged for asking a question.

So Blues, what is your point? It's not basically the same question. If anything I was showing people how Dudley lied about Matt Gaetz and not asking the same question. My question at the end of this post was: "Anyone feel NAGR is doing anything to help gun owners?" Previous question: Do you belong to 1 or the other or both? And why?" Besides, if I did want to ask the same question in 10 different posts, what is it to you. Are you the question police? I come on here for friendly discussion and not to get challenged for asking a question.

Nope, I'm no kind of police at all.

Whether it's the exact same question or not, the general meme is that NAGR, or at least Dudley Brown, is untrustworthy, which, if it isn't apparent to you, I agree with wholeheartedly. In the other two threads that I linked to, I think I provided adequate proof of that thought, such that the same person wouldn't need to question that Brown is a liar again. If you read either of the links I provided in the previous thread that you started, you already knew NAGR and/or Brown was not worthy of support, so instead of just asking an open-ended question about whether anyone here thinks NAGR is doing anything to help gun owners, why not present the evidence that they're not that you already possess?

For the record, I opened this thread to read your OP and didn't recall that you started the other thread. When I saw that it was about NAGR, I just found my own post with the intent of answering your question. When I found it, I saw that you were the OP of the other thread too and just wondered about the last question in the paragraph above this one. It was just kind of weird, so I said something about it, that's all. Like I also said though, we can do it again, and I answered your question. If I actively refuse to give money to NAGR, no, I don't think they really do anything for gun owners, and I agree with you 100% that Dudley Brown is a proven liar. Fair 'nuff?

Blues

That's what he does. I personally like to cherry pick his statements and misrepresent them to give him a taste of his own medicine. He is incapable of seeing things from another person's point of view and sincerely thinks that his opinion is the only opinion. Kinda like Bill O'rielly.

I had to unfriend someone on facebook because he kept reposting the NAGR garbage several times a day and it was clogging up my news feed, though not as much as the Obama ads that facebook forced on the world last fall. His feelings were hurt, but I had to tell him that I don't appreciate his calling me names through their posts because I volunteer a lot of time to the NRA and firmly believe in what I'm doing. If the NRA was anti 2A like a few members here insist I would not be helping them or recruiting. He, by the way, does nothing but spam and repost other people's opinions on facebook and calls himself a grassroots activist. Yup, ok buddy. I'm sure all 14 of his facebook friends would agree.

I bash the hell out of the NRA but I don't think other gun rights groups should. They should all be on the same page. After they killed a pro-gun bill here in SC though, they'll never get another dime of my money.

But I think another gun rights organization that gets looked over too often is Students For Concealed Carry On Campus (SCCC)

Now I want to say that I am very new to all of this. I mean this time last year I didn't even own a handgun, but I realized that my second amendment is at stake along with the first amendment. I have purchased two separate Conceal Carry permits and several guns. I am trying everyday to learn more on the subject of protecting the amendments. I support NAGR, NRA, GOA, and USCCA. I feel that anyone working towards the protection of the first and second amendment is doing good. Now I don't want to say every thing everybody has said is a lie or the truth. because I have no idea. You can take any statement out of the proper context and make it fit what you are trying to say. Now I am not supporting you and I am not bashing you either because I am ignorant of the matter. When I read your post, I feel like you slamming me for supporting the NAGR, and that is not why I joined this forum. I do not know this Congressman in Florida, and I don't know Dudley Brown either, so I cannot say what they really stand for. All I want to do is to protect the amendments and keep my guns and if the NRA or the NARG or the GOA or even the PTA will help then they get my support.

Now I want to say that I am very new to all of this. I mean this time last year I didn't even own a handgun, but I realized that my second amendment is at stake along with the first amendment. I have purchased two separate Conceal Carry permits and several guns. I am trying everyday to learn more on the subject of protecting the amendments. I support NAGR, NRA, GOA, and USCCA. I feel that anyone working towards the protection of the first and second amendment is doing good. Now I don't want to say every thing everybody has said is a lie or the truth. because I have no idea. You can take any statement out of the proper context and make it fit what you are trying to say. Now I am not supporting you and I am not bashing you either because I am ignorant of the matter. When I read your post, I feel like you slamming me for supporting the NAGR, and that is not why I joined this forum. I do not know this Congressman in Florida, and I don't know Dudley Brown either, so I cannot say what they really stand for. All I want to do is to protect the amendments and keep my guns and if the NRA or the NARG or the GOA or even the PTA will help then they get my support.

I am pretty sure this was not directed at me because of the reference to the FL Congressman, but I think I can adequately address the parts about NAGR, so here goes.

First, Dudley Brown is the Executive Director of NAGR. He is the only spokesperson for the .org that I've ever seen or heard referenced as such. He has been caught lying on multiple occasions. I posted a link to a truly egregious example of him being dishonest to a large group of very well-informed gun owners and 2nd Amendment activists at AR15.com. I have no stats on-hand, but my perception is that AR15.com is among the biggest and busiest gun forums anywhere. I suggest in the strongest terms possible that you read that whole thread and get to know the Executive Director of NAGR, as Dudley Brown joined the site for the express purpose of addressing the allegations made against him in it. He never actually got around to addressing them though, and avoided, obfuscated, and dodged the subject over and over again. Please, read it for yourself.

Secondly, there is no reason for you to take it personally if someone has a valid criticism of NAGR, N R A, GOA or the PTA. You are always welcome to give the other side of any issue, but be forewarned, there are thousands of gun owners who are very active in 2nd Amendment advocacy, and you may just be shown to be mistaken from time to time. If you objectively scrutinize NAGR's reputation and/or credibility, you will likely find that their practices are far from being above reproach. I think their membership fee is like $5 or $10 bucks, so it will be a cheap lesson if that is the lesson that you learn upon objectively scrutinizing them. In any case, you weren't being "slammed" by the OP, NAGR/Dudley Brown were being accused of specific acts of dishonesty.

Thirdly, welcome to CCW and to the site. There is much you can learn here, but you may encounter conflicting opinions and shattered illusions about which .orgs serve gun owners the best from time to time. Good luck.

Blues

I bash the hell out of the NRA but I don't think other gun rights groups should. They should all be on the same page. After they killed a pro-gun bill here in SC though, they'll never get another dime of my money.

But I think another gun rights organization that gets looked over too often is Students For Concealed Carry On Campus (SCCC)

For want of a nail.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back