Gun registration

We have a registry here. Does anyone want to take a guess how that's working out?

The registry has been leaked in several states, leading to lots of home invasions where, most times, the home owner(s) have been forced at gunpoint or beaten into giving up the combinations for their safes where their firearms must be stored by law.

Just a warning. Good luck.

My guess is, if this passes, you will see a huge number of guns reported stolen. Serial numbers will be removed and those weapons will move underground. This will be done by previously law abiding gun owners. They can't take from you what they can't find.

It amazes me that people still think voting and calling/writing those in Govt accomplishes anything....

Your time would be much better spent stocking up for your future needs...

Tell that to the 2 Colorado Senators who just lost their jobs because they voted the wrong side of the gun owners. People like to complain about a whole list of issues that effect their daily lives. But they don't voice their complaints to the ones making the decisions. All of a sudden rights are being taken away because we remained silent. The Tea Party, love em or hate em, are people who have had enough. They have made a difference. I believe if you don't vote or speak up you don't have a right to *****.

axeanda45 apparently you don't understand the importance of this bill! if you did you would be outraged! if it passes ,every gun you own has to be registered, every single year, and you wouldn't be able to purchase ammo unless you have a card saying you own that caliber hand gun. and if you don't comply and are caught with an unregisted gun it will be a class 2 felony! I'm sure it all about money. if everyone thought like you ,there would never be any changes . they have to know the people are pissed off for fear of not getting reelected if nothing else. and if Illinois gets away with this unconstitutional law,quess what? others will follow!! ITS VERY IMPORTANT TO SPEAK UP!!

I just sent this email to Kelly Cassidy, the sponsor of this bill. If she replies to me I will post her response.

Hello,
I just read you are sponsoring a gun registration bill for us here in Illinois. My question is why?
Right now all gun manufacturers record all gun serial numbers during production. When that firearm is sold to a gun dealer or FFL, they record that serial number with the purchasers information. The purchaser of the firearm must hold a valid FOID card. A back round check is done there. These rules must be followed for a legal firearm sale. We must keep a record of our purchases for 10 years. If I sell a firearm I must now do a back round check and record the buyers FOID information. It would seem that all bases have been covered for the law abiding citizen.
If a firearm is recovered during a crime, the police go back to the gun manufacturer and they run the serial number. Then you follow the trail back to the firearm owner. Now of course that will do little good solving most gun crimes because most bad guys don't follow the rules.
So please tell me what you are trying to do by adding even more regulations to an already over regulated system. Why do I as a law abiding citizen have to feel like the criminal?

Just a follow up. No reply from Rep. Cassidy. So I sent another request for an answer. Here is what I sent.

Hello again, On February 13th I sent the email below asking for a response to a Bill you have sponsored. As of now I have not received even an acknowledgement that it was received. If you take your position and this Bill seriously I would think you would reply. I'm sure you have had a lot of interest in this Bill but at least send back a form letter to say thank you for contacting me. Something.....

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back