Gun registration

1starflash

ALL ILLINOIS RESIDENTS ! WRITE YOUR STATE REP AND TELL HIM TO VOTE AGAINST HOUSE BILL 4715, FOR GUN REGISTRATION! they want you to register every single firearm you own separately and you know it won't be cheap,and you have to repeat registering them every single year,plus you would have to show a registry card for each caliber of ammo you intend to purchase.

I guess Illinois politicians will never quit attacking. I pray that means neither shall the good free people of Illinois quit fighting. Please, Illinois, vote those evil people out of Office.

Better yet make it part of the law that registration starts in high crime areas. Only after all guns have been registered inside those high crime areas should other areas be required to register. I'm assuming they say they want to do this to fight crime so this would be one way to do just that. Of course the truth is not in them and they only want the good guys to have to register their guns not those who commit crimes.

I think all politicians should be required to register after winning an election and before taking office. The registration fee should be $10,000,000.00 annually.

ALL ILLINOIS RESIDENTS ! WRITE YOUR STATE REP AND TELL HIM TO VOTE AGAINST HOUSE BILL 4715, FOR GUN REGISTRATION! they want you to register every single firearm you own separately and you know it won't be cheap,and you have to repeat registering them every single year,plus you would have to show a registry card for each caliber of ammo you intend to purchase.

Are you sure you have the right bill? When I go on the Illinois General assembly website I get this as Bill4715.

Bill Status of HB4715 97th General Assembly
Full Text Votes View All Actions Printer-Friendly Version

Short Description: EXAM OF FIREFIGHTER APPLICANTS

House Sponsors
Rep. Lisa M. Dugan - Robert W. Pritchard - Mike Fortner - Pam Roth - Daniel V. Beiser, Adam Brown, Brandon W. Phelps, Patrick J. Verschoore, Jerry F. Costello, II, John D. Cavaletto, Jack D. Franks, Keith Farnham, Carol A. Sente and Linda Chapa LaVia

Senate Sponsors
(Sen. David Koehler )

I just sent this email to Kelly Cassidy, the sponsor of this bill. If she replies to me I will post her response.

Hello,
I just read you are sponsoring a gun registration bill for us here in Illinois. My question is why?
Right now all gun manufacturers record all gun serial numbers during production. When that firearm is sold to a gun dealer or FFL, they record that serial number with the purchasers information. The purchaser of the firearm must hold a valid FOID card. A back round check is done there. These rules must be followed for a legal firearm sale. We must keep a record of our purchases for 10 years. If I sell a firearm I must now do a back round check and record the buyers FOID information. It would seem that all bases have been covered for the law abiding citizen.
If a firearm is recovered during a crime, the police go back to the gun manufacturer and they run the serial number. Then you follow the trail back to the firearm owner. Now of course that will do little good solving most gun crimes because most bad guys don't follow the rules.
So please tell me what you are trying to do by adding even more regulations to an already over regulated system. Why do I as a law abiding citizen have to feel like the criminal?

Here is the Sponsors bio. If you read her whole Bio you will get an idea where she is coming from.....a uphill battle for sure. But these are the type of Politicians we have a lot of in this state.

Representative Kelly M. Cassidy (D) - Previous General Assembly (97th)
14th District

Photograph of Representative Kelly M. Cassidy (D)

Springfield Office:
273-S Stratton Office Building
Springfield, IL 62706
(217) 782-8088
(217) 782-6592 FAX
District Office:
5533 North Broadway
Chicago, IL 60640
(773) 784-2002
(773) 784-2060 FAX
Email: [email protected]

Years served: May 2011 - Present

Committee assignments: Consumer Protection; Labor; Appropriations-Public Safety; Appropriations-Higher Education; Environmental Health.

Biography: LGBT rights activist and organizer; former legislative director for the National Organization for Women; former legislative aide to state Sen. John Cullerton; former Deputy Director of Intergovernmental Affairs and Director of Programs and Development in the Cook County State's Attorney's Office; one of only two openly gay female legislators in General Assembly; has three children.

Committee assignments: Consumer Protection; Labor; Appropriations-Public Safety; Appropriations-Higher Education; Environmental Health.
-
Biography: LGBT rights activist and organizer; former legislative director for the National Organization for Women; former legislative aide to state Sen. John Cullerton; former Deputy Director of Intergovernmental Affairs and Director of Programs and Development in the Cook County State's Attorney's Office; one of only two openly gay female legislators in General Assembly; has three children.
Perhaps the proper question is to ask which committee listed above is responsible for Orwellian control of the people, and what in her bio makes her an expert enough to even have an opinion on the subject, much less sponsor a bill.

Perhaps the proper question is to ask which committee listed above is responsible for Orwellian control of the people, and what in her bio makes her an expert enough to even have an opinion on the subject, much less sponsor a bill.

Well if she replies, that may be an excellent response. (My guess is that she has 3 kids)

I wrote to my local representative, the governor, and Ms Cassidy.

If any of them respond, I'll post it here.

The senate and house bills are worded identically. They were apparently written by the same person. The senator who sponsored the senate bill, represents the same area of Chicago and Cook county as, Ms Cassidy.

Here's the meaningless lip service I got from the Governor. What I had said was, I thought the proposed bills were nothing more than a cash grab, harassment of responsible gun owners, and early stages of confiscation. The way his response reads, you would think I had asked for more gun control.

"Thank you for contacting my office with your concerns about gun control in Illinois. Your message has been reviewed by my staff. I value your feedback and appreciate the insight you have shared with me. Each day, as I make decisions, I take your opinion, and those of others who write and call my office, into careful consideration.

As Governor, it is always helpful to hear from residents about the issues concerning our state. Throughout my time in office, I have admired people like you who take time to provide ideas, ask questions and offer constructive criticisms. With your continued participation in our democracy, we can make the will of the people the law of the land.

Thank you again for expressing your interest in gun control. Please feel free to contact me in the future. My office phone numbers are (217) 782-0244 and (312) 814-2121. You can also stay updated on state programs and services by subscribing to my E-Newsletter by clicking here.

Sincerely,

Pat Quinn
Governor

It amazes me that people still think voting and calling/writing those in Govt accomplishes anything....

Your time would be much better spent stocking up for your future needs...

It amazes me that people still think voting and calling/writing those in Govt accomplishes anything....

Your time would be much better spent stocking up for your future needs...

Depends on who your rep is. Even if they don't take your advice on something, you can be sure they have a "yes/no" tally on issues they will be voting on, and your call at a minimum will add a checkmark to the appropriate column. Even the pompous ones want to be re-elected, so chances are good that a lopsided tally will effect their vote on a particular bill.
-
The above (from handye9) is obviously a form letter that some flunky sent in response to any email with the word "gun" in it. I would follow up with a call to one of the fluffers (I mean staffers) and read your e-mail to them and then ask what kind of idiots they were to even consider that a pro-gun-control e-mail. If nothing else you get some personal satisfaction of arguing with a liberal that is paid to listen to you!

If this passed, how would it affect reloading in Ill.? Would you still have to show ID for components or is that a loophole? Also, just become criminals and don't register... don't obey! Easier said then done? Well, you'll have to make up your own mind on that...

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back