Gun Insurance

I see no problem in having insurance for your guns as long as its reasonably priced. My hope though if these types of laws become more common that the NRA steps up and offers a low price insurance policy for their members.

I wish you could actually think through what you said. "Reasonably priced" (by who's standards,yours?) More laws proposed by "reasonable" law makers.
You will not be the person setting your "reasonable" prices and rules.

You're such a reasonable person seeing no problem to this. I think a reasonable view of this reasonable insurance law would be that you list your guns covered by your insurance with your insurance agency. Then at any time the appropriate government agency can check to see that you are paying your premiums and are still covered so that you can still have your guns.
The short version of the REASONING FOR A LAW LIKE THIS ISTO MAKE IT TOO EXPENSIVE OR MORE DIFFICULT TO EXERCISE YOUR INALIENABLE RIGHT TO SELF DEFENSE AND ALL YOUR COVERED GUNS ARE NICELY REGISTERED AND EASY TO CONFISCATE AFTER EVERYONE BECOMES MORE REASONABLE AND UNDERSTAND WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' GUNS!

Ah, not necessarily. Do your umbrella policies cover use of firearms? I actually don't know if mine does. I will look into it.

There are also a whole bunch of people that do not have the aforementioned umbrella policy. There are many firearm users that don't have even the most basic insurance. The costs simply exclude a significant portion of the population. An example would be the number of people that do not have adequate automobile insurance (or any at all). Gun owners are not limited to the population segment that can afford (or are willing to buy) comprehensive insurance. We need to play smarter, not harder.

Buying stuff you can't afford is not smarter. It's stupid.

If you can't afford adequate insurance then you can't afford the car in the first place.

It's one thing to pay monthly attorney retainer fee. It's another to have that as well as mandatory liability insurance coverage in the 100K range, if not more. That is what Representative Waters of Philadelphia wants to propose in the Pennsylvania general assembly. Pennsylvania recently passed stronger stand your ground provisions, which, by law, could very well prevent the need for such a large amount of "insurance" to be needed. This is just another attempt at regulation aimed to make gun ownership unaffordable for many, not too dissimilar financially from the recent failed serialized firing pin legislation New York tried to pass a year or so back.

The bill entered into the Pennsylvania General Assembly would require carry permit holders to have 1 million dollars in mandatory liability insurance coverage. This is not common sense thinking, but it is a way of preventing as many people as possible from their right to carry a firearm, by making that right unaffordable.

The bill entered into the Pennsylvania General Assembly would require carry permit holders to have 1 million dollars in mandatory liability insurance coverage. This is not common sense thinking, but it is a way of preventing as many people as possible from their right to carry a firearm, by making that right unaffordable.

We can enact an Affordable Gun Care Law if we truly care about the poor people who can't afford a gun.

You have Gun Insurance through your NRA membership if you have one. 2500$$ worth to be exact. Liability is a whole other issue. In your home some policy will not reimburse you for crimes committed in your home even if you were cleared of all charges. Self-defense is still Homicide. There are separate policies out there you can get to cover such a mishap.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back