Gun Insurance

JohnLM

I think I read or heard a report that someone is suggesting that guns owners must buy "Gun Insurance" when they purchase a gun. Have anyone else heard that, and what are your thoughts on it.

It's being proposed at many state levels. You'll need to check your state laws to see if it was voted in and approved.

this is not a joke. This is a bill that is trying to be approved in the senate.

It will require any gun owner to carry liability insurance (personal liability insurance) not to protect the guns... but to cover expenses for damage to life and property of a 3rd person....

it will be per gun so if you have a few guns guess what your going to be broke.

So, we have to have insurance on our car as that is a privilege to have a license. Now they want use to have insurance on a "Right", I guess next is speech insurance so if we get sued for not being PC we are covered?

It will require any gun owner to carry liability insurance (personal liability insurance) not to protect the guns... but to cover expenses for damage to life and property of a 3rd person....

I hope this get shot down quick. I can't afford it.:angry:

I don't think they have this quite right. The people that need insurance are those with no resources, most likely to do shoot-and-run, or are protected is such a way that victims have a real problem collecting damages. That would generally be criminals and law enforcement. They could just leave normal law abiding owners out of the program and get 99% coverage.

In other words, drive up the cost of ownership for no good reason what so ever. It will not cost me a dime because I will not comply.

It's a non-issue. Anyone who owns a firearm ought to already have an umbrella insurance policy to protect themselves from the inevitable lawsuits that will follow if they ever fire their weapon at someone. Just the attorney fees coverage alone will be worth the relatively inexpensive cost of an umbrella policy.

The 2A community response to such proposals should be "who doesn't already" instead of spittin' and hollerin' about it, which just gives ammunition for the opposition to say "See, we told you they were irresponsible. Even when a course of action is in their best interest they holler and whine about it. We have to treat them like children because they think like children."

We need to play smarter, not harder.

Ah, not necessarily. Do your umbrella policies cover use of firearms? I actually don't know if mine does. I will look into it.

There are also a whole bunch of people that do not have the aforementioned umbrella policy. There are many firearm users that don't have even the most basic insurance. The costs simply exclude a significant portion of the population. An example would be the number of people that do not have adequate automobile insurance (or any at all). Gun owners are not limited to the population segment that can afford (or are willing to buy) comprehensive insurance. We need to play smarter, not harder.

It's one thing to pay monthly attorney retainer fee. It's another to have that as well as mandatory liability insurance coverage in the 100K range, if not more. That is what Representative Waters of Philadelphia wants to propose in the Pennsylvania general assembly. Pennsylvania recently passed stronger stand your ground provisions, which, by law, could very well prevent the need for such a large amount of "insurance" to be needed. This is just another attempt at regulation aimed to make gun ownership unaffordable for many, not too dissimilar financially from the recent failed serialized firing pin legislation New York tried to pass a year or so back.

California is the one I have seen pushing it the most. To them, it is a "right" to be LGB or T but getting to own a gun is a "privilege" you get if your local LE decides to let you. You then have to make sure you follow all the rules the gun haters could dream up. However, if you are one of the chosen elites (Progressive movie star, etc.), all those laws don't apply to you.

Once again the Government and there stupid ideas. There are millions of people who cant even afford health care and millions of people out of work because there are no jobs across the country and they now are talking about Gun Insurance. Are you kidding me. All I can say what a ******* joke. Guess I will go to jail then because I will not comply if it is passed. I pay out enough already to the Government Tax wise and everything else and I will not comply to this kinda BS. Like I have said before if they can find away to make money off of something they will.

I see no problem in having insurance for your guns as long as its reasonably priced. My hope though if these types of laws become more common that the NRA steps up and offers a low price insurance policy for their members.

It's a non-issue. Anyone who owns a firearm ought to already have an umbrella insurance policy to protect themselves from the inevitable lawsuits that will follow if they ever fire their weapon at someone. Just the attorney fees coverage alone will be worth the relatively inexpensive cost of an umbrella policy.

The 2A community response to such proposals should be "who doesn't already" instead of spittin' and hollerin' about it, which just gives ammunition for the opposition to say "See, we told you they were irresponsible. Even when a course of action is in their best interest they holler and whine about it. We have to treat them like children because they think like children."

We need to play smarter, not harder.

Dagnabbit. I just took you off ignore yesterday and now you're back on ignore again is less than 24 hours. Bye.

I always take out an insurance policy when I purchase a hammer or a screwdriver, just in case they do something they're not supposed to.

I see no problem in having insurance for your guns as long as its reasonably priced. My hope though if these types of laws become more common that the NRA steps up and offers a low price insurance policy for their members.

The price of raw fleece has to dropping like a rock. Jeeze man...

Dagnabbit. I just took you off ignore yesterday and now you're back on ignore again is less than 24 hours. Bye.

In other words "I don't like what you said. I can't dispute it. I can't articulate a reasoned argument against it. I just don't like what you said so I'll block it out. Like when my doctor tells me I have cancer. I'll just block it our and cross him off my list of doctors and keep looking for on that tells me I don't have cancer. Yeah, that's the ticket."

Precious.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back