Great Support from Employer

mappow

Good pizza, great people, they believe in their employees;
Link Removed
The second Amendment lives...........

I'm not sure if this driver caught a break from Corporate, or if she's being punished so that she'll just quit. They took her off the road so she's not making mileage or tips anymore, and is likely making at or just over minimum wage inside the store. The food service industry has hardly any full-time non-management positions anymore, so she's likely being held to about 28 or 29 hours so the franchisee can avoid paying for ObamaCare. I managed a Domino's store here in the Huntsville area several years ago and am still friends with the franchisee and a couple of store managers, and the only people working full time in the 18 stores in that franchise are the store managers (not the managers in training) and the franchise office staff. There are about 600 - 650 employees between those 18 stores and almost none of them get more than 29 hours.

So I commend the young(?) lady for deciding to carry and defend herself over being a willing victim, but I'm pretty sure that when she made the decision to carry she knew if she ever had to use the gun, she'd be in the market for a new job the next day. She will likely make that decision for herself now too, and Papa John's probably isn't being as magnanimous as the link makes it sound - they're probably keeping her because local public opinion would adversely affect their sales, plus they'd probably take a hit to their Unemployment rating by firing her, so they cut her hours, tips and mileage and wait for her to quit. Maybe. LOL

Blues

Happy Pappy John threaten to punish his lowest wage earning employees if Obama was re-elected. What a great guy! "If I don't get my way those pathetic minimum wage earners will feel my rath!"

Good pizza, great people, they believe in their employees;
Link Removed
The second Amendment lives...........

Did you even read the article?

While Papa John's prohibits employees -- including delivery drivers -- from carrying firearms on the job, the pizza giant said Thursday the woman would not be let go from the company. She instead will be reassigned to another role, according to the company.

"Company policy prohibits employees from utilizing firearms in the performance of their duties.We plan no changes to our current policy, which is designed to protect customers and employees," the statement read. "Upon investigation and considering the specific facts of the situation, we have reassigned the employee to work in the store and are offering her counseling to help her recuperate from the incident."

Not only is the company policy directly opposite what you are trying to lead us believe in your statements, it is also 100% the opposite of this claim:

"The safety of Papa John's employees is a top priority for our company, " the company said in an email to FoxNews.com.

If the female employee was actually abiding by company policy....what steps would Papa John's be taking to ensure her safety?

I think Autozone could take a lesson from Papa Johns.

How? By not firing their employees for violating company policy?

Not only is the company policy directly opposite what you are trying to lead us believe in your statements, it is also 100% the opposite of this claim:

If the female employee was actually abiding by company policy....what steps would Papa John's be taking to ensure her safety?

For God's sake CMDR, we've had multiple threads on why employers don't want to accept the liability of allowing their employees to be armed. She made the decision to carry, good for her. I wonder how many other people out there CC at work while violating their company policy?
I do go along with Blues that her not being fired was nothing more then a public relations act to ensure no loss in their customer base.

I know we don't like to play what-if games about everything...but I wonder "what-if" the manager of the location where she worked had discovered her carrying a firearm on the job without there being a self defense action involved. Corporate policy for this company that "believes in their employees" and offers "great support" would dictate that she either stop carrying the gun or be fired. Granted, I am glad that they did "reassign" her to different duties, which I would venture to speculate means she now works in the building under the conditions that she leaves her gun in her car when reporting for work.

I'm not sure if this driver caught a break from Corporate, or if she's being punished so that she'll just quit. They took her off the road so she's not making mileage or tips anymore, and is likely making at or just over minimum wage inside the store. The food service industry has hardly any full-time non-management positions anymore, so she's likely being held to about 28 or 29 hours so the franchisee can avoid paying for ObamaCare. I managed a Domino's store here in the Huntsville area several years ago and am still friends with the franchisee and a couple of store managers, and the only people working full time in the 18 stores in that franchise are the store managers (not the managers in training) and the franchise office staff. There are about 600 - 650 employees between those 18 stores and almost none of them get more than 29 hours.
That's sad. These are the working folks who keep America running. They can't get healthcare but the illegal immigrant can. Makes me sick.

That's sad. These are the working folks who keep America running. They can't get healthcare but the illegal immigrant can. Makes me sick.
I'm sure all here agree. Contact your congressman and senators. If Dem, tell them you are sick of our children's futures being given away to foreign criminal invaders. If Repubs, tell them you'r sick of them not doing what they promised. You will work for their opponents in the next election and remind your friends and neighbors to do the same.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't believe the employer is under any obligation to provide for her safety. Justly so the employer should not interfere in her ability to defend herself. Free will. One take a job delivering pizza they understand there's an inherent risk. Take the job. Don't take the job. But I'm not a fan of deflecting responsibility for my safety to others.

I don't believe the employer is under any obligation to provide for her safety. Justly so the employer should not interfere in her ability to defend herself. Free will. One take a job delivering pizza they understand there's an inherent risk. Take the job. Don't take the job. But I'm not a fan of deflecting responsibility for my safety to others.

From the article:

"The safety of Papa John's employees is a top priority for our company, " the company said in an email to FoxNews.com.

"Company policy prohibits employees from utilizing firearms in the performance of their duties.We plan no changes to our current policy, which is designed to protect customers and employees," the statement read.

It was Papa John's company's own statement that I was referring to. They state the safety of Papa John's employees is a top priority - but they make absolutely NO provision or allowance for them staying safe while delivering pizza's unless the employee violates their company policy.

Having a safe place to work can be forced on an employer. Don't think so? Check and see how many companies get fined by OSHA/MSHA each year. No it shouldn't be forced on someone but it is and can be done every day. Denial of the right to self protection is actionable if you do not provide for protection from criminal acts.

Having a safe place to work can be forced on an employer. Don't think so? Check and see how many companies get fined by OSHA/MSHA each year. No it shouldn't be forced on someone but it is and can be done every day. Denial of the right to self protection is actionable if you do not provide for protection from criminal acts.
Supreme court has ruled that even the police have no obligation to protect you. If a person doesn't feel safe in my employ they have an obligation to themselves and family to quit. But comparing to OSHA is apples and oranges. OSHA is there to prevent the employer from being the source of danger to you. A criminal with a gun is not something within the employers purvey. People need to stop making excuses for their own safety and asking others to do for them. Pizza delivery people need to shut-up and carry the damn gun. Losing a pizza delivery job over carrying a gun is hardly the end of the world.
Papa Johns did exactly hat nearly every employer does, and as I did as well. They enact a violence policy to comply with their insurance. Enforcing it is another story altogether. Denial to the right of self-defense is not actionable just because an employer won't let an employee carry a weapon. The employee may exercise free will and quit. The employee accepts the job knowing the policy. The policy becomes an agreement between the parties.

Thanks, but I was talking about her decision to CC.

Which also really has nothing to do with the 2nd Amendment. The purpose of the 2nd Amendment is to ensure that the state remains free of tyrannical government and has nothing to do with personal protection from criminals or hunting. All of the bill of rights center around protecting the citizen from the government, not from each other.

She exercised her right. It's her individual right. All I have to know. Bravo Zulu to her. All else is superfluous BS to me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back