Got my new PSL today!!

Unfettered Might

Μολών λαβ&
I've been waiting for a long time to get this one.

Romanian designated marksmen rifle. 7.62x54R, 1300m effective range.

She is still in a virgin condition as I plan on adding an aftermarket stock set and an adjustable trigger group. Going to the range Friday to sight the scope in.

I've heard guys say its capable of 1 moa, others say its a 3-4 moa rifle, but I think the latter group just didn't know how to shoot. I've used one that belongs to a friend of mine with the same scope and we were pegging a 6 inch target at about 350 yards all day long without even trying. So at worse, it's less than 2 moa and I only say that because we couldn't get to what we were shooting, that happened to be about halfway up the hill at Knob Creek, to check it.

Speaking of which. Does anyone know of a longer range than Knob Creek in Kentucky? I really want to put this rifle to the test.

I think my D**K just twitched...:sarcastic: Nice looking rifle... Have fun with it...

Lol, thanks. Oh I will.

I also just found a custom walnut stock set that is modeled after the SVD(draganov). It has an adjustable cheek rest and it even has threaded inserts for a bipod or swivel mount. Only 140 bucks.

I think I'm in love :biggrin::laugh:

Well, I went to the range today with the PSL for the first time. This is the one at Taylorsville Lake with the steel tubes and deflectors. I fired the first shot and it hit the deflector and struck the ground. I ended up having to stand 20 feet away from the target just to see where the bullet was going.

It was 4 FEET high and wide at 20 FEET AWAY! Obviously the guy who I bought this from had no idea what he was doing when he set this scope.

But after some zeroing, I was hitting just a hair under 1 inch groups at 100 yards, many of them touching. I've read elsewhere about guys that say this rifle is a 3-4 MOA rifle, don't listen to them. I could get better, but I was benching on a metal box with a glove on top since I haven't gotten a bipod for it yet and I ran out of the ammo I brought, lol.

It's a good rifle for those interested.

Dragunov Rifle 7.62x54R Part #DRA-GUN-B
No it's not a Draganov.

You want this scope.

POSP 8x42 D w/ Black Finish, Independent Focus and 1000 Meter Rangefinder Rifle Scope, SKS/SVD Version

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back