Got a new Springfield XD - very nice pistol!

The SA XD is a good gun,but the Glock has a proven track record.I have seen the XD jam in .40 and .45 ACP with hollowpoint ammo.The XD-M is a better gun that is more refined.The XD design is popular since it has the 1911 type grip safety,however it has a higher bore axis that causes the gun to have more muzzle flip.My opinion is keep it simple like the Glock.The XD is a bigger gun than the Glock.I was at a new gun store and the salesman was trying to sell me a XD.There was another person looking at the gun also and he said they were giving those guns for free at Front Sight if you signed up for a course.The salesman said that he could knock off $25 if I would buy the XD since he was looking to move inventory.I mentioned that I prefer the Glock and the young salesperson said they jam buy the XD.I showed him a G23 which I own since 1991 and never had a jam in over 10,000 rounds.The Glock has a huge following and has over 70% of the U.S. LE market.The Glock is a better gun I just don't like the trigger on the XD.

Picked up my new XDm .45 today, can't wait to try it out.:biggrin:

Let us know. I have an xd .40 for my primary carry, but am looking for a .45. I love the xd so an xdm is an obvious contender, but am also looking at a sig p220

Let us know. I have an xd .40 for my primary carry, but am looking for a .45. I love the xd so an xdm is an obvious contender, but am also looking at a sig p220

Buddy, I have nothing negative to say about the SIG P220, but, I traded a SIG P220 for the XDm. :biggrin:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back