Got a new Springfield XD - very nice pistol!

Great Gun, I have a 9mm subcompact I carry everyday and love it. Accurate and it feels much safer than my old glock, I just like the extra safety features especially the loaded chamber indicater that can be felt without removing the weapon from the holster. The mags do loosen up after a while but the loader will still remain a friend when loading your mags. Enjoy your xd.

My Uplula arrived today. Cabela's didn't have one in stock when I went, but I was able to order it. Way nicer than the standard Springfield loader!

I think you're right; I'm gonna end up with several ......:man_in_love:

My Uplula arrived today. Cabela's didn't have one in stock when I went, but I was able to order it. Way nicer than the standard Springfield loader!

I think you're right; I'm gonna end up with several ......:man_in_love:

They work...you can't ask for anything better than that!:yes4:

I have the XD 3.8 and I love it. I saw it in the latest Rifleman magazine and ended up buying one. Good shot each time...is it me or the gun? I think it is the gun..:pleasantry:We have an uplula for our guns too...bought it at Cabela's over a year ago...

Great Gun, I have a 9mm subcompact I carry everyday and love it. Accurate and it feels much safer than my old glock, I just like the extra safety features especially the loaded chamber indicater that can be felt without removing the weapon from the holster. The mags do loosen up after a while but the loader will still remain a friend when loading your mags. Enjoy your xd.
Some thing to remember,that method is very bad to check if your weapon is loaded.I believe you should train at Front Site and rely on your training not a "loaded chamber indicater".The Glock 26 is a better gun,the XD is a good gun, but the Glock has a proven track record.The XD is single action,the Glock has a better safety system,XD had to copy a few other designs to not get sued.

good choice on the xd... i have a .40cal and put about 1500 rounds threw her. she eats anything. them cheap blazer brass with the alluminum cassing, she ate em up. the only thing mine don't like are reloads. out of 70 reloads i had 2 hickups.

I had my choice down to two guns. The XD and the Glock 22. I bough the Glock, but may possibly purchase the XDM within the next couple months. I've been torn on whether I made the right decision or not. In 600 rounds its jammed 6 times. I shot 150 rounds today without any jamming. 1st time I shot it that it didn't jam.

Jason

This internet chat stuff is kinda new to me!! However, I ALSO just got my XD .40 in subcompact. Can't wait to get some rounds through it. Last month, I bought one for a birthday gift for my son (he is a bartender in Portland, OR. & mama is worried about him!). We had opportunity to wring that little pistol out with a box of Blazer Brass .40s. I was so impressed with it's accuracy & ease of operation, that I ordered one for myself! I also had struggles with the choice between the proven Glock & the relatively" new" XD. But I have always considered the Glock kind of "homely". Does anyone have a recommended self-defense load for this gun? I am considering Hornady's critical defense loads.

I've had my XD45 for a little over a year. Never any jams straight out of the box. I carry it whenever I can, which means when not at work and when it isn't too warm. When it is warm out it is kind of hard to conceal, so I carry my Makarov. I did a lot of research, looking at the Glock and XD the hardest. I believe the XD is a better choice for me.. I heard about quite a few jams with the Glock, but not anywhere near as much with the XD, so chose that. I have the 4" and love it.

I've got an the 4 inch Service .45, never had any problems with it at all. Amazing to shoot, the sight picture is just amazing for quickly changing targets. I've got better groupings with other guns, but this one is the one I take to the range when I know there will be some friendly contests involving traversing targets and getting shots of quickly for time. She rarely fails me.

Becaues of all of the listed above, she is my 24/7 carry. If you can't stop something with 13+1 .45 ACP from an XD, you shouldn't be shooting at it!

This internet chat stuff is kinda new to me!! However, I ALSO just got my XD .40 in subcompact. Can't wait to get some rounds through it. Last month, I bought one for a birthday gift for my son (he is a bartender in Portland, OR. & mama is worried about him!). We had opportunity to wring that little pistol out with a box of Blazer Brass .40s. I was so impressed with it's accuracy & ease of operation, that I ordered one for myself! I also had struggles with the choice between the proven Glock & the relatively" new" XD. But I have always considered the Glock kind of "homely". Does anyone have a recommended self-defense load for this gun? I am considering Hornady's critical defense loads.

Ammo is a personal choice. You need to feel comfortable with what you carry and the reason you chose a particular bullet. I carry a few different ones and always test them at the range for feeding over all accuracy. Speer Gold Dots (a lot of Law Enforcement use these), Winchester PDXI carried by the FBI. If you can find Winchester Ranger (Old Name Black Talon)

Good luck
Jason

I wasn't aware that there is a "Safety" on the SA XD pistol. Do you own an XD with a frame or slide mounted safety or are you referring to the trigger release safety ??

XD .45 cal 4"

I have a XD .45 cal 4", have a Viridian Green Laser Sights (with strobelight). i can not find a holster to accomadate this weapon due to the sights. So. I carry my glcok 27 .40 cal with extended mag. and a laser max guide rod in it. I wish i coul find a holster for my .45 it is soooo sweet.

Some XD pistols have an thumb safety. But mine does not. It does have excilent safety features that i love. Look at their web site.

I wasn't aware that there is a "Safety" on the SA XD pistol. Do you own an XD with a frame or slide mounted safety or are you referring to the trigger release safety ??

The "service" model has a thumb safety on both sides of the frame.

Not being a military or police person, I like the ability to make sure the barrel points away from leg / foot etc before releasing the safety. I've seen several films of "experts" literally shooting themselves in the foot under stress! :no:

The "service" model has a thumb safety on both sides of the frame.

Not being a military or police person, I like the ability to make sure the barrel points away from leg / foot etc before releasing the safety. I've seen several films of "experts" literally shooting themselves in the foot under stress! :no:

I was not aware that the "Service" model has/or is availble with a thumb safety lever.

I recently purchased the XDm .40 Smith. I'm currently openly carrying it in a SERPA paddle holster. The SERPA thing is a whole nother conversation, but it works for me, at the moment.

I personally haven't seen any "films" of anyone shooting themselves in the foot with an XD, Glock or LEM type trigger when drawing from the holster and presenting muzzle to target. Do you have any "films" of the "experts" shooting themselves in the foot ??

Index, Index, Index.

I was not aware that the "Service" model has/or is availble with a thumb safety lever.

I recently purchased the XDm .40 Smith. I'm currently openly carrying it in a SERPA paddle holster. The SERPA thing is a whole nother conversation, but it works for me, at the moment.

I personally haven't seen any "films" of anyone shooting themselves in the foot with an XD, Glock or LEM type trigger when drawing from the holster and presenting muzzle to target. Do you have any "films" of the "experts" shooting themselves in the foot ??

Index, Index, Index.

We were shown several short clips of accidental discharges in the CCW class I attended. Typically were law enforcement officers drawing a pistol and pulling the trigger before getting clear of the holster. If they can do it with all of their training, so could I! I practice keeping the index finger outside of the trigger-guard until pointed away. The safety comes off while starting to aim. Any time I catch myself getting sloppy, I think of those film clips ........

I have the XD45 very nice gun. I also have a Taurus PT 24/7 Pro 40 cal and a Ruger SR9 all nice guns but my favorite has to be the XD

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back