Good 380 Ammo

It's expensive, but you should narrow your choices down to 3 to 5 candidates and run 50 to 100 rounds of each through your weapon to make sure it will reliably fire the round. It's within the realm of possibility that your LCP might puke on a round somebody else's LCP fires all day long with no problems.

.380 ammo

I came across an interesting concept about this subject in a different forum. The guy said that he alternates HP's with flat nosed solid bullets. He feels that if the HP doesn't expand or penetrate enough the solids will do the job. With a Bersa .380 you would have 4 of one and 3 of the other depending on which you loaded first and also what type of round you have in the chamber. Kind of makes some sense. Any other comments on this idea?

I came across an interesting concept about this subject in a different forum. The guy said that he alternates HP's with flat nosed solid bullets. He feels that if the HP doesn't expand or penetrate enough the solids will do the job. With a Bersa .380 you would have 4 of one and 3 of the other depending on which you loaded first and also what type of round you have in the chamber. Kind of makes some sense. Any other comments on this idea?

Makes sense to me. I load my weapons (9mm) with a PDX1 147 gr. first and a Hornady TAP FPD 124 gr. second then alternate for the same reasons. You just have to remember your POI is different, but it's not much and that is what practice is for. When I finally get some of the new Hornady Critical Duty 135 gr. I won 't need to do it anymore.

My brother-in-law does that with his 9mm

"Round nosed bullets tend to slip and slide through matter, doing little damage as opposed to a flat nosed bullet. The flat nose not only wounds much more than a round nosed bullet, but it actually keeps the penetration straight and thus deeper."

Jeff Cooper gave a good lecture at Gunsite on this topic, there is a fair about of information on this. It would be a good homework assignment for you.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back