God & the Bible, squaring belief with reality

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "when ya'll leaving" poster mad me laugh!!!!!

I don't pretend to have the knowledge of God that any of you do but I am curious. Several of you said that they only route to heaven is to acknowledge Jesus as your savior or wording similar to that. Doesn't this exclude the Jews, who you also said are God's favorites? I was taught that Jews say Jesus is a prophet but not the son of God. So no heaven for them?

Also curious: Christians make up about one-third of the world's population. So, two-thirds of the inhabitants of planet Earth are on a train to hell no matter what? By their beliefs WE are headed to whatever their version of hell is called. They are all convinced that only theirs is the true religion but what if ALL of organized religion is wrong?

Personally I think this existence is hell and our punishment is to be unaware of God's love.

I can't wait for Treo to pick this apart line by line and tell me what a dumbass I am.

'' The USA was founded as a largely Christian Nation and the Inalienable rights in the Constitution come from the belief in a Creator.''

this land was already 'founded' by the natives who were here before the white christian crusaders came and stole it using ungodly diabolical means to do so.....a creator? creation itself is the creator that's why it's called 'creation'
heheh mind you this lands peoples were much more free than it ever was after the white invasion .....alot cleaner healthier and godly as well
Link Removed

I said nothing about this continent ...... I was talking about the Nation. The "Native" Americans were many nations who took great pleasure in killing each other, the white man just showed up and got in the game. The entire world is nothing but one people conquering another. The Strong prevail and the weak submit or die ....... it's happening in our own Government and on our borders right now.

I said nothing about this continent ...... I was talking about the Nation. The "Native" Americans were many nations who took great pleasure in killing each other, the white man just showed up and got in the game. The entire world is nothing but one people conquering another. The Strong prevail and the weak submit or die ....... it's happening in our own Government and on our borders right now.
there is no evidence of many nations of indians taking 'great pleasure in killing each other'!!!!!!! that is another white mans lie!

I don't pretend to have the knowledge of God that any of you do but I am curious. Several of you said that they only route to heaven is to acknowledge Jesus as your savior or wording similar to that. Doesn't this exclude the Jews, who you also said are God's favorites? I was taught that Jews say Jesus is a prophet but not the son of God. So no heaven for them?

Also curious: Christians make up about one-third of the world's population. So, two-thirds of the inhabitants of planet Earth are on a train to hell no matter what? By their beliefs WE are headed to whatever their version of hell is called. They are all convinced that only theirs is the true religion but what if ALL of organized religion is wrong?

Personally I think this existence is hell and our punishment is to be unaware of God's love.

I can't wait for Treo to pick this apart line by line and tell me what a dumbass I am.

It doesn't matter ........ someone is going to be right and everyone else is wrong.

Pretty racist as well as inaccurate comment.
racist? inaccurate?? why is it racist it's the truth and what substantial evidence do you have to prove it inaccurate?
don't bother as nothing you say will change my stance on this issue

If you insist,

This is one of the very few topics I absolutely will not joke about, it’s too serious and it’s too real and the consequences are too eternal.

I accept the Bible as the absolute Word of God, there was a time when I didn’t but things changed and now I do. I believe that all Scripture is God Breathed (meaning He told the authors what to write) and useful for instruction edification and reproof.

The Bible states that God is Sovereign and in His Sovereignty chose to reconcile man to Himself through the Life, Death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. He also sovereignly chose to make that the only was to be reconciled. Jesus stated I am the Way, the Truth and the Life and no one comes to the Father but by me.

Like it or not those are the conditions God placed on salvation, He has that authority and that’s just the way it is.

As for all the peoples of the world who have never heard God knows the end from the beginning and I believe that every person on this planet who will respond to the Gospel will get that chance. As for those who wouldn't anyway what's the point?

<dt class="highlight" style="background-color: rgb(221, 217, 202); margin-left: 0px; padding: 0px 0.5em; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Georgia, Garamond, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif; font-size: 16px; ">gospel Link Removed</dt><dd class="highlight" style="background-color: rgb(221, 217, 202); margin-left: 0px; padding: 0px 0.5em 0.5em; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Georgia, Garamond, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif; font-size: 16px; ">O.E. godspel "gospel, glad tidings announced by Jesus; one of the four gospels," from god "good" (see good) + spel "story, message" (see spell (n.)); translation of L. bona adnuntiatio, itself a translation of Gk. euangelion "reward for bringing good news."

The first element of the O.E. word had a long "o," but it shifted under mistaken association with God. The word passed early from English to continental Germanic languages in forms that clearly indicate the first element had shifted to "God," e.g. O.S. godspell, O.H.G. gotspell, O.N. goðspiall. Used of anything as true as the Gospel from mid-13c. Gospel-gossip was Addison's word ("Spectator," 1711) for "one who is always talking of sermons, texts, etc."

for more click here
Link Removed</dd>

racist? inaccurate?? why is it racist it's the truth and what substantial evidence do you have to prove it inaccurate?
don't bother as nothing you say will change my stance on this issue

I have no opinion about whether Native Americans were peaceful or warlike before the arrival of Europeans, but I question calling them "native" Americans. They were just here first. Their DNA pegs them to Siberia: Link Removed . By the way if they weren't warlike before Europeans arrived they were quick studies for sure because they were warlike afterward. Their mistake was letting the first boat land.

This is one of the very few topics I absolutely will not joke about, it’s too serious and it’s too real and the consequences are too eternal.
As for all the peoples of the world who have never heard God knows the end from the beginning and I believe that every person on this planet who will respond to the Gospel will get that chance. As for those who wouldn't anyway what's the point?

Except for the last line taunting you I wasn't joking in my post.

I respect your right to believe in the word-for-word veracity of the Bible, but I assume you mean the original text in whatever language was in use at the moment not the translation that not only gunnerbob but lots of people have picked apart to illustrate the ambiguity of particular words in Hebrew and Greek and the effect of the choice of the wrong meaning during translation to English. Or do you mean that God also directed the translation?

I'm pretty sure that the people who follow other religions are fully convinced that their deity is THE deity. I believe that because there is only one God that all religions worship the same God and just don't realize it.

I might also point out that the town I live in is the mecca for the excerption of a particular phrase from the Bible while maybe ignoring its context or forgetting contradictory other parts of the Bible. Topeka is the home of the Westboro Baptist Church, wielders of the "God Hates Fags", "Soldiers Die, God Laughs" and "Thank God for Dead Soldiers" signs among others at funerals, parades and just about any gathering; they have biblical chapter:verse on many of their signs. Their example is what started me thinking that this existence is hell, and that obviously our punishment is to be unaware of God's love.

love is of the heart..it's an emotional state we all have... love is a powerful tool to enjoy grow with and learn from
unfortunately many don't use that power of love from within yet seek to find love in various cults .......

I respect your right to believe in the word-for-word veracity of the Bible, but I assume you mean the original text in whatever language was in use at the moment not the translation that not only gunnerbob but lots of people have picked apart to illustrate the ambiguity of particular words in Hebrew and Greek and the effect of the choice of the wrong meaning during translation to English. Or do you mean that God also directed the translation?

I realize that there are translational errors in the KJV (as an example). However I am also aware that if you take a KJV Bible and read it you will find that it is footnoted, cross referenced, indexed and basically points out and explains every single translation error in it. IMO this negates the translation errors.

I also believe that you could hand me a Bible written entirely in Chinese and if God wanted me to understand it I would.

Bottom line (and this part of the Bible was perfectly translated) there is only one road to Heaven and it leads directly through the Cross

Bottom line (and this part of the Bible was perfectly translated) there is only one road to Heaven and it leads directly through the Cross
Be it Jew or gentile, "Except a man be born again, he cannot enter the Kingdom of God". Real simple, Born once die twice. Born twice die once.

we are born again every second of every day as well the old dies as the new emerges

discover

the art of ego deathLink Removed and be baptized by the earth wind fire and water rise up and live lazarus!
heheh peace

honestly, the more I look around at everything going on, the less sense everything makes.

That's funny, I read the Bible daily and the more I look around every thing make perfect sense.

IMO we are very, very close to the return of Jesus Christ

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back