GLOCK Upgrades

jefro30

I went all out and today and had a Trigger Gaurd Undercut and a Extended Slide Stop, Extended Slide Lock, and a Extended Mag release.! Very happy!!

Sent from my LG-MS770 using USA Carry mobile app

Watch the extended slide lock lever. Your thumb can unknowingly interfere with the slide recycling causing the slide to lock open before you're empty.
The mod I make to all my Glocks is the firing pin safety. The standard safety gets worn and the trigger pull can feel grainy. I use the titanium FP safety. It's very smooth.

BC1 thanks. My G30SF actually has a really nice crisp stock trigger. Im gonna leave all that stock for now.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using USA Carry mobile app

Watch the extended slide lock lever. Your thumb can unknowingly interfere with the slide recycling causing the slide to lock open before you're empty.
The mod I make to all my Glocks is the firing pin safety. The standard safety gets worn and the trigger pull can feel grainy. I use the titanium FP safety. It's very smooth.

I posted previously my negative experience with the Titanium Safety Plunger (i.e. firing pin safety) on my Glock 19. The problem is that its geometry (curvature) is different from the stock Glock safety plunger and engages with a different timing when the trigger is pulled. In my case, the Titanium Safety Plunger would engage a little bit later, leading to the problem of not being out of the way when the striker fired. This was leading to the striker hitting and wearing out the Titanium Safety Plunger, lighter primer strikes, and misfires. This happened within the first 200 rounds with the plunger installed.

I removed the Titanium Safety Plunger, polished the stock Glock safety plunger with a Dremel, and installed that one. The trigger is as smooth with the polished the stock Glock safety plunger as it is with the Titanium Safety Plunger.

I know the picture below is not sharp and grainy, but the wear can be seen as the discoloration on the edge of the firing pin block.

Link Removed

OK, old man all thumbs, could mess up a tire change, I have viewed Youtube videos of Glock full stripping, is it really that easy and what of the sights, easy to change with the tool or should I pay for this? 1911's are easy for me and S&W revolvers but this plastic scares me.

OK, old man all thumbs, could mess up a tire change, I have viewed Youtube videos of Glock full stripping, is it really that easy and what of the sights, easy to change with the tool or should I pay for this? 1911's are easy for me and S&W revolvers but this plastic scares me.

Proper punctuation would help. I assume you want to change the sights on a Glock. There are tons of videos out there on how to do that. For the front sight, you need a Glock front sight installation tool. For the rear sight, you need either (1) a Glock rear sight installation tool or (2) a vise, a plastic punch, and a hammer. You definitely also need Loctite Threadlocker. Depending on your abilities and on how many Glocks you plan to change the sights on (over the years), paying someone to do it may be easier/cheaper. I have changed the sights on my 3 Glocks using the Glock front sight installation tool and the vise/punch/hammer. Here is a video with the most expensive variant do do it using the front and rear sight tools:

OK, thanks. Do you imply my postings require proofing using Word document program so I may cut and paste the posts? Gee, and I thought I was the grammar Nazi on Facebook. :sarcastic:

I used to put these on all my Glocks. In normal range shooting there was no problem. However, when I started shooting Steel Challenge matches which you try to present your weapon as fast a possible, several times my thumb would hit the extended slide release causing the slide to lock back before the mag was dry. Since putting the original release back in the problem went away.

Money Well Invested

Changing a sight on a Glock requires the hands and the heart of a gunsmith. Working on the interchangeable parts inside a Glock, an Armorers ability is sufficient.

To change a rear sight, a prudent person uses one of these. Yeager in a garage with a hammer is way far from prudent.

The cheap looking one is from Glock Store. Don't waste your money. The MGW will be around $100. Money well invested.

14625353328_e504d5ec84_c.jpg

I used to put these on all my Glocks. In normal range shooting there was no problem. However, when I started shooting Steel Challenge matches which you try to present your weapon as fast a possible, several times my thumb would hit the extended slide release causing the slide to lock back before the mag was dry. Since putting the original release back in the problem went away.

I have the Glock Extended Slide Stop Lever on all my Glocks. I am experiencing some lock-back issues on a non-empty magazine with full-power ammo on my Glock 20. I will switch back to the standard Glock Stop Lever to see if that is the problem. Thanks for the advise.

Look at the two photos, they are not the same. One has material removed from under the trigger guard. Glock warranty on that frame, has now expired.

Not sure what you talk about. The OP's Glock warranty on the frame is obviously gone as he has done an aftermarket job on it. The two links I posted point to the Glock Web page, where you clearly can see that the Gen 4 has an undercut from the factory. I was just pointing out that if you want an undercut, you can get it from the factory now. Since the frame IS the firearm, doing any job on it is always risky. It is the only part that requires the 4473 ATF form to replace it.

OK, thanks. Do you imply my postings require proofing using Word document program so I may cut and paste the posts? Gee, and I thought I was the grammar Nazi on Facebook. :sarcastic:

It is just a basic sentence structure thing. You know what you were writing. I have to figure that out from your post that reads: "OK, <some text>, <some text>, <some text>, <some text>, <some text>?" Which of the <some text> segments is a statement and which is a question?

Of course it's just me; but the very last thing I would add to a Glock I intended to carry on the street is an oversized magazine release. Why? Mag. releases are Glock's other weak point. (Slide lock springs are the first!) I've had a magazine drop out of a Glock 3 times in 12 years; and that's 3 times too many. Twice while I was standing up, and once while I was sitting down. The mag. release spring ain't that strong; and the button, itself, is too easily released whenever it bumps into something - Even only slightly bumps into something. I think you'd be better off by simply rounding the forward corner on the bottom of a standard magazine release.

+1 on Ghost's, 'EVO' connector!

If its a carry gun only change the sights dont change any internal parts, if its for play time hot rod that *****!

An upgrade I consider important is adding a Cominolli Manual Safety. I know many people will say the primary safety is between your ears, and if you need an external safety on the gun, you probably should be carrying a Glock. Well hundreds of police officers and countless civilians who have had AD's or ND's if you prefer, would disagree. So would the U.S. Military who learned from a hundred years of experience, and then insisted on a manual safety for the M1911--even with JMB's brilliant grip safety already there. I sold my Glock 19 a few years ago but recently won another G19 (Gen3) in a drawing in which I wasn't even aware I had entered. This new one is going to be my wife's, so before we even took it to the range, I sent if off to Ten Ring Precision in San Antonio, to have a Cominolli safety and a set of Trijicon night sights installed.

I would never rely on a manual external safety as my sole protection from an AD--just like I would not rely on airbags to protect me in a crash--however, I want both of those things.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back