Glock Trigger Mod?

Kalamity023

I know, I know, I know, Why would anyone want to mess with Glock Perfection.

I'm not interested in changing the weight of the trigger pull of my Glock 19, I'm more interested to know if anyone has had any issues where the factory trigger has been too rough? I'm used to shooting a SIG without any texture on the trigger, I find when I switch to the Glock I feel a pinch/and or a rubbing on the sharp squared off edges of the trigger. Has anyone successfully modified the trigger to smooth these out? I was thinking of using a Dremel or other rotary tool with some fine sanding drums to accomplish this. Thoughts?

I haven't noticed any problem myself but I would start with some fine emory cloth and get progressively coarser,( is coarser a word?) until you started taking the bite out.

I'm not a Gunsmith so I would start light before I broke out the Dremel. But that's just me.

Maybe you should use the emory paper on your finger to get some callus first:):):)

KK

Calluses best advice ever... Just gonna have to shoot more (I'm so thoroughly disappointed about that can you tell...::kidding:: ) ...

The gun is fairly new and only has about 200 rounds through it .(yes I have shot Glocks prior but never took note of this).. The "issue" doesn't make me not want to shoot it it's just a different feel than my other guns which have considerably more rounds down range.

The "competition" trigger on the "compact" and "sub-compact" models are the one flaw that I see in the "perfection" of Glock pistols. This particular trigger however is necessary in order for the pistol to have enough import points required by the ATFE so the pistols can be imported for sale in the U.S.

There are aftermarket parts that will remedy this. The installation of the aftermarket parts can be done by any Glock Armorer or someone who is familiar with the disassembly of a Glock pistol. Be careful in attempting to do the modification on your own if you are not familiar in how to properly reassemble the pistol, as serious malfunctions can occur if the pistol is not reassembled properly.

I have done the trigger work on all our Glocks, also installed 3.5 connectors and spring kits, along with cleaning up any rough edges, triggers all pull smooth afterward, you can google up for aftermarket Glock parts, also instuctional videos on dissasembly/assembly, there is not much any simpler to strip than a Glock, just take your time, you may want to bench test with snap caps before actualy shooting the gun, however there really is nothing your going to be doing that you need a dremal for, so do yourself a favor and do not perform any work on the gun unless you completly understand what it does and why, most of the videos will tell you all this

I have Glock 19 and I a few Sig's also, and thats the problem. Comparing.
For me, glock triggers are not smooth as Sigs are.
I have 3 1/2 lb pull I also polished Everything internally and feel as you do.
Its very smooth but there is sill a little someting there.

~GOOD LUCK~
BILL------------------------------->

P.S. I know you must be aware of this--- real careful with the Dremel.

I noticed the same thing with my glock 23 trigger. Figured I would just have to get used to it.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back