Glock guide rods?

Glock 19 generation 3.

I have ordered a ''metal' guide rod. I guess I will see there is a difference when I install it and run a hundred or so rounds through it.

That link is almost 6 years out of date (Dec. '06). My XD(m) has none of the problems mentioned.

Six years old, or not, the article is a (fairly) accurate description of the problems many of the original XD purchasers experienced. Springfield - a company I actually like - didn’t come out with the, ‘M’ series for no good reason. I’ll give the XD’s one thing, though: They’re running better now than they have in the past; and SA seems to have finally gotten their egregious finish problems under control.

Still, I remain uncomfortable with the XD’s incredibly high bore axis; unlike many other pistols I do not point shoot an XD all that well; and I don’t have a heck of a lot of confidence in any semi-auto pistol design that employs a plastic guide rail. (But, hey, maybe that’s just me!)

Glock 19 generation 3.

I have ordered a ''metal' guide rod. I guess I will see there is a difference when I install it and run a hundred or so rounds through it.

Funny! Personally, I doubt you’ll notice any difference at all. (Metal guide rods usually don’t work like that.)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back