Glock 19 vs. other

Everclear

I have a Ruger .380 as my pocket carry but I'm looking at geting a 9 mm.
The local range has a Glock 19 for $530.00.
Is this a good deal?
I'm looking opinions
I appreciate all comments for/against this weapon,.

That's a good concealing gun, but $530 is a little expensive. You can definitely buy cheaper. For that much it better at least be a 4th generation. If that's a gen 3, dont buy it.

I just purchased a Gen 4 Glock 19 for a little more than that but it was the cheapest I could find either online (after ffl transfer fees) or at a shop. I really like the firearm and purchased it because I wanted a combo carry/range gun.

As Deserteagle said, if it's a gen 3 you can probably find it for a bit cheaper but either way it's a great gun to have.

That price is about right for what they go for here. The Glock 19 is a good carry gun.

I picked up a Glock 27 Gen4 .40 caliber subcompact for $499 here in NY so I guess it depends where you pick it up at.

I'd go with the Glock over the Ruger but that's just my personal preference.

Glock 19

I have both a Glock 19 and an XD 45 - both excellent CC weapons, but personally I much prefer the XD.....better "fit" for me and for CC the 1911 type palm safety is a big plus.

Never met a Glock I didn't like. G-19 conceals easy enough. There is plenty of inexpensive 9mm ammo available so you can afford to practice more. With a good hollow point it will do the job. Nice choice.

Check Out the M&P 9c

f0dxlc.jpg

Great weapon. It's what I carry, but that price is a little high. Walk around your local gun shiw with $500 cash, and negotiate your best deal. Got mine (gen 4) for $480.

Glocks are of course great guns. If clothing choice is yours to make then concealing a block, er, glock is easy enough. But if you have to wear a tucked in polo with khaki's or such, well, something in the pocket might be a good choice, such as an LCP with a good "wallet" holster that covers the grip and prevents printing.

Glock 19 vs XD 9MM Service (4 in)

Hello Everclear..i am a Dealer, i sell a lot of Springfield XD Handguns. I personally carry the 40 Cal. I like mine because its a ready to go right out of the box, no up grades required. I would sell you the XD 9mm for $475 if its legal in your State? Just need to transfer to an FFL near you. In my opinion, for what its worth, the grip is ergonomically correct and a Great CCW.

Paid 500 out the door for my G19 about 8 months ago. Great gun for concealment, not one problem with it. From what I've seen 480-550 is the present price range.

What's a ....... 19C?

C models have "ported barrels and slides to compensate for muzzle rise" according to Wikipedia. I've read that it's nice for shooting with quick follow-up shots but not nice for shooting at night because of increased flash. That's why I didn't get one, because I don't know when I'll have to use my CCW in the dark.

I have a Ruger .380 as my pocket carry but I'm looking at geting a 9 mm.
The local range has a Glock 19 for $530.00.
Is this a good deal?
I'm looking opinions
I appreciate all comments for/against this weapon,.

Thats a premium price for that weapon, gen3s can be had out the door for that, it would be about right for a gen4, in my area they are all over the map, from $479 to $599, the higher prices would be at Gander Mt, and the Basshole Shop

Hello Everclear..i am a Dealer, i sell a lot of Springfield XD Handguns. I personally carry the 40 Cal. I like mine because its a ready to go right out of the box, no up grades required. I would sell you the XD 9mm for $475 if its legal in your State? Just need to transfer to an FFL near you. In my opinion, for what its worth, the grip is ergonomically correct and a Great CCW.

/////////////////////////////////

I am also looking at The Springfield XD 9 mm. I want to test drive a couple of different styles before I decide. My Ruger 380 is a great conceal but beats my hand to death after about 50 rounds so I want a more comfortable shooting weapon. I am located in S.C. We can buy just aboout anything here. Where are you located?
/////////
Thanks to everyone for the input. I don't want to make an impulse purchase. All info. is appreciated.
The Glock 19 I looked at had night sights but I don't know if Gen. 3 or 4.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back