Getting a Kimber Version 2.0

Confess

Went to the range again today as is my weekend routine, and put another 100 rounds through my 1911. No feed issues at all. Guess I worked the bugs out.

Was gonna leave but got sidetracked because a friend was looking at the 1911's after he fired mine. I wound up putting a Kimber 25th anniv Custom in layaway.

Apparently it was recently found in the back room after having been abandoned in Layaway for a few years.

Yay for me. Now I'll have a full size 1911 too and a series 70 to boot.

The custom II's are nice. I have a stainless II. One thing many people will complain about is the "Schwartz" safety which is the firing pin block that is disengaged by the grip safety. Many criticize it as unreliable, including some of the 1911 gurus like 10-8 Performance.

Just thought i'd let you know incase you hadn't researched the series II 1911's from Kimber.

The custom II's are nice. I have a stainless II. One thing many people will complain about is the "Schwartz" safety which is the firing pin block that is disengaged by the grip safety. Many criticize it as unreliable, including some of the 1911 gurus like 10-8 Performance.

Just thought i'd let you know incase you hadn't researched the series II 1911's from Kimber.

For sure. :) My daily carry is a Pro Crimson Carry II. I love and cherish it.

Only problem I see with the "Schwartz" honestly is caused by people that will gorilla grip it during takedown and damage the pin.

Last edited:
At Tenorac , Saturday I finished the break in for my Kimber Ultra Raptor. I needed to put another 200 rounds through it , and it was flawless. I shot Hardball, and a few mags of my Speer Gold Dot , and Some Horniaay . and it never missed a beat..

For sure. :) My daily carry is a Pro Crimson Carry II. I love and cherish it.

Only problem I see with the "Schwartz" honestly is caused by people that will gorilla grip it during takedown and damage the pin.

I agree, its like "why don't they put that in the manual?" oh wait...lol they do!

At Tenorac , Saturday I finished the break in for my Kimber Ultra Raptor. I needed to put another 200 rounds through it , and it was flawless. I shot Hardball, and a few mags of my Speer Gold Dot , and Some Horniaay . and it never missed a beat..

I'm pretty satisfied in the end. Break in was a pain for the first couple hundred though. Raptors are very secksea looking. ;) I keep looking at em like I might just need to get one.

Congrat confess!! Kimbers are great guns. I love my Ultra CDP II. Make sure you post some pictures when you pick it up!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back