Getting a FL non-res permit

GOV5

I am going down to FL in person to file my application for a non-res CCW permit. I;ll get my fingerprints done at a sheriff's office. I dowloaded the application forms a while back. What is hanging me up is this "passport-type" photo. Where and how do you get that?

You can do it on your own. Just select size when you print them. I did it the easy way and went to Wal-Mart

I am going down to FL in person to file my application for a non-res CCW permit. I;ll get my fingerprints done at a sheriff's office. I dowloaded the application forms a while back. What is hanging me up is this "passport-type" photo. Where and how do you get that?

Walgreens as well..

UPS Store as well. You'll also need a Notary which can be had at most UPS Stores also. (NO, I have no vested interest in UPS Stores) I was in Amelia Island last year and the S.O. at the jail in that County would not do my prints even though the WEB Site states they will. They do not offer that service if you don't reside in that county. I would call and confirm the S.O will do your prints.

Post Office also, in the PASSPORT section. Only they charge more than some of the other places listed above. And you can definitely print your own mugshot on any inkjet.

I'm signed up for my Utah Non-resident class on October 30. It isn't cheap, 100 dollars for the class and 65 dollars to the state of Utah - plus 20 for the picture and finger prints - but at least I'll be able to carry in more states than my Indiana permit gives me.:biggrin:

Don't waste your time going down there. It will only take a couple weeks to get it by mail. I am from Ohio and got mine in 4 weeks( because I had to resend in a verification of my instructors credentials). Walmart will do your photo for like $5.00

Here is the link to my post for HOW TO out of sate Florida CCP.
http://www.usacarry.com/forums/conc...d-my-out-state-fl-ccw-today-2.html#post160532

I 2nd the notion. It took me longer than mpohio but, when I got mine Florida was understaffed and they were getting swamped with aps. They've got their stuff together now and people seem to be getting them a lot quicker. Now that they have the personal and the demand has slowed down some. I went to a local instructor in the Philadelphia area and he did everything for $100 which included: the required NRA cert, fingerprints, photo's, notary and all the paperwork and they make sure it's filled out properly so it doesn't get sent back to you. This has to be a lot cheaper and time consuming than going their. Not sure where you live but, I am sure you can find the same deal.

I 2nd the notion. It took me longer than mpohio but, when I got mine Florida was understaffed and they were getting swamped with aps. They've got their stuff together now and people seem to be getting them a lot quicker. Now that they have the personal and the demand has slowed down some. I went to a local instructor in the Philadelphia area and he did everything for $100 which included: the required NRA cert, fingerprints, photo's, notary and all the paperwork and they make sure it's filled out properly so it doesn't get sent back to you. This has to be a lot cheaper and time consuming than going their. Not sure where you live but, I am sure you can find the same deal.

My wife reads my emails. So I wanted to thank you guys for explaining how I DON'T have to go to Florida to get my license. Thanks to you guys, a perfectly great bike trip got ruined!

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously though, Thanks for the links on how to get it done easily.

My wife reads my emails. So I wanted to thank you guys for explaining how I DON'T have to go to Florida to get my license. Thanks to you guys, a perfectly great bike trip got ruined!

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously though, Thanks for the links on how to get it done easily.

OOPS :biggrin: Ever heard of passwords? :pleasantry:

I just can't believe how many people "DIDN'T" notice who signed the bottom of their Florida CCP :wacko:

You mean the guy who starred in the Death Wish movies?

:sarcastic:

Yep the one and only(of course he's dead). A lot of people thought he died young, but he was 82.

I once knew a guy who had a profile pic like yours. Unfortunately he is no longer with us :cray: Oh, he liked pink guns for some reason :biggrin:

Yep the one and only(of course he's dead). A lot of people thought he died young, but he was 82.

I once knew a guy who had a profile pic like yours. Unfortunately he is no longer with us :cray: Oh, he liked pink guns for some reason :biggrin:
well I hope the pic is not the reason he's not here. otherwise I'm gonna change it !

:sarcastic:

I got my FL non-resident permit by mail. Passport photo at AAA. Fingerprints at my local sheriff.

Had to send in the fingerprints twice. At my age the ridges on my fingers are almost worn off. Didn't get good prints the first time. Make sure your prints are of good quality. They're sticky about that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back