Gander Mountain

Deserteagle

I know we had a thread about a Gander Mountain in Wisconsin some time ago but today I stopped to actually read the sign on the door at my store in CO. I used to think it was a no gun sign because it says "STOP.... Check your firearms with a cashier blah blah blah", but I never noticed the part at the bottom that says lawful open carriers and concealed carriers are welcome and do not need to check their guns.

That is the first store, (and first gun store) I have ever seen with a sign like that, which makes me feel welcome to open carry in there. May as well open carry so I also dont forget that I already have a gun and dont need to buy another slightly overpriced one!

Gander Mountain is VERY proud of their guns. Glad they are on our side though I can't justify shopping there for a firearm.

Bass Pro Shops has exactly the same policy. You check-in your gun at the door if you're bringing it in for repair, work, etc. But if you're lawfully carrying, you do not have to.

Bass Pro Shops has exactly the same policy. You check-in your gun at the door if you're bringing it in for repair, work, etc. But if you're lawfully carrying, you do not have to.

I was going to say the same thing....a lot of gun shops aorund here have the same sign. Only refers to guns being brought in for repair, trade, etc.... NOT legal CCW or OC.

What I dont like is that Gander is the first store I have seen with a sign like this. We have a Class 3 dealer in Colorado Springs who sells a ton of guns but sure enough he has a sign that says he will assume you are a robber and shoot you if you carry into his store.

I work in a big gun store with a similar sign and I want to share with you what it's like on the other side of the counter. First it's one of the few places I'm not allowed to carry my gun due to corporate policy. While I totally support the right of our customers to carry, I prefer their guns stay holstered in the store. In an average shift, I now lose track of how many times I've been muzzle swept by customers or seen a laser light on a coworker. While I always safety check each gun before handing it to a customer, every once in a while there's some customer who overhears a conversation and feels compelled to unholster a loaded firearm and show a total stranger how great his model is. Please don't be that guy! If you bring in a gun to sell, have repaired, find a holster for, etc. then please have it unloaded and check it in at the door so we won't be surprised when you walk back to the firearms counter. We support your rights. We want your business, we just don't want your bullets.

I work in a big gun store with a similar sign and I want to share with you what it's like on the other side of the counter. First it's one of the few places I'm not allowed to carry my gun due to corporate policy. While I totally support the right of our customers to carry, I prefer their guns stay holstered in the store. In an average shift, I now lose track of how many times I've been muzzle swept by customers or seen a laser light on a coworker. While I always safety check each gun before handing it to a customer, every once in a while there's some customer who overhears a conversation and feels compelled to unholster a loaded firearm and show a total stranger how great his model is. Please don't be that guy! If you bring in a gun to sell, have repaired, find a holster for, etc. then please have it unloaded and check it in at the door so we won't be surprised when you walk back to the firearms counter. We support your rights. We want your business, we just don't want your bullets.

I also hate looking down the barrel of floor model guns as well. A while ago I walked into Gander and was instantly in the sights of a guy who was testing his new scope on his rifle by aiming it at everyone that walks in the store.

We have both a Gander, and Bass pro in our area, and for the life of me I cannot unberstand there way of thinking, there Glocks for example are $100 more than ANYBODY else in town, also Basshole shop don't take trades, Goose Poo does but rip you off, we have a new Academy store, lots of gun stuff but very few guns, poor selection, prices not bad compared to BP and GM, but still more than most any other small or large shop around.............so to the newbes or not to oftens, when your out to buy a gun, please do your homework,....FIRST

I know the Big Box stores usually have higher price tags because they have much higher overhead. The Gander Mountain in my area has a price matching policy where they will match the new gun price of any brick & mortar shop within 60 miles as long as they have the exact same gun in stock. That makes them pretty competitve around here. But the old rule of supply & demand still applies as there are some guns that will disappear as soon as they hit the shelf even at full retail. The Kimber Solo is a great example.

I know the Big Box stores usually have higher price tags because they have much higher overhead. The Gander Mountain in my area has a price matching policy where they will match the new gun price of any brick & mortar shop within 60 miles as long as they have the exact same gun in stock. That makes them pretty competitve around here. But the old rule of supply & demand still applies as there are some guns that will disappear as soon as they hit the shelf even at full retail. The Kimber Solo is a great example.

It would be nice if these places did price match, but no such luck, I know what these guns cost and they would still make a killing if they did, and I know what you meen about supply and demand, right now everybodys hot for that S&W Shield, ?????????????

Hey DesertEagle-could you take a picture of the sign and post it? I'd really like to see that!

I was at the Appleton,Wi Gander Mountain and this is a pic of their sign.Link Removed Hope is works. Saw a guy come up to the door, read the sign and then left.

I was at the Appleton,Wi Gander Mountain and this is a pic of their sign.Link Removed Hope is works. Saw a guy come up to the door, read the sign and then left.

Looks perfectly ok to me. The cc crowd is always saying "concealed means concealed". I think about all stores require unload and clear before fitting to accessories or repairs, so, nothing wrong there. Open carry doesn't apply as it is not concealed by its very nature. Unload and clear applies to both.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back