"Forgive Them Father, They Know not What They Do"

Thought provoking. Many people believe that the end of days will be shrouded in many many bad things happening. I feel that the end will come and Christ will return at a time when we are so content and prosperous that many forget who to give thanks to for their blessings.

Then you might want to re read your Bible

2 Timothy 3:3 NKJV
But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3 unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, 4 traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power.

The Bible states that as we draw near to the end people will become not only more sinful but more openly sinful. They’ll embrace their sin and revel in it and they’ll become more evil and more brutal towards each other and that they’ll have no love in their heart. I believe we are also seeing this now.

The Signs of the Times and the End of the Age

Matthew 24: 3/ 9 NKJV 3 Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?”

4 And Jesus answered and said to them: “Take heed that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many. 6 And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all[a] these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. 7 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

9 “Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name’s sake. 10 And then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another. 11 Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many. 12 And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. 13 But he who endures to the end shall be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.

Doesn't sound like prosperity and peace to me

Nice graphic that demonstrates male chauvinism and is demeaning to women....not to mention that it doesn't promote the sanctity of 'Chistian heterosexual marriage'. God doesn't approve of this graphic. :haha:

Without deliberately misinterpreting Scripture I don’t see how anyone could conclude that homosexual behavior is any thing but a sin.

That said, it bothers me when I see Christians act as if homosexuality is somehow worse than the sins we all commit every day. I don’t think God grades on a curve; I think all sin is abhorrent in His eyes.

As for this particular ruling the Bible says God knows the end from the beginning so I doubt very seriously that this caught Him by surprise or happened without His consent

Then you might want to re read your Bible

2 Timothy 3:3 NKJV
But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3 unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, 4 traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power.

The Bible states that as we draw near to the end people will become not only more sinful but more openly sinful. They’ll embrace their sin and revel in it and they’ll become more evil and more brutal towards each other and that they’ll have no love in their heart. I believe we are also seeing this now.

The Signs of the Times and the End of the Age

Matthew 24: 3/ 9 NKJV 3 Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?”

4 And Jesus answered and said to them: “Take heed that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many. 6 And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all[a] these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. 7 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

9 “Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name’s sake. 10 And then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another. 11 Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many. 12 And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. 13 But he who endures to the end shall be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.

Doesn't sound like prosperity and peace to me

Thank You Treo. No Time Line. Peace can occur just before The end times. In fact, the lead in sounds like people are doing just as I said.
"he Bible states that as we draw near to the end people will become not only more sinful but more openly sinful. They’ll embrace their sin and revel in it and they’ll become more evil and more brutal towards each other and that they’ll have no love in their heart."
With the exception of the More Brutal to each other, it sounds like people will really be enjoying themselves, Doesn't it? That's the trigger to begin the end. We are no where near that yet.

With the exception of the More Brutal to each other, it sounds like people will really be enjoying themselves, Doesn't it? That's the trigger to begin the end. We are no where near that yet.

Again, your hypothesis doesn't match the Bible.

END TIME SIGNS

1. False Bible teachers would be money hungry. They would be smooth talkers, have many followers, and slur the Christian faith (2 Peter 2:1-3)

2. Homosexuality would be increasingly evident at the end of the age (2 Timothy 3:3)

3. Earthquakes would be in diverse places (Matthew 24:7)

4. Stress would be part of living (2 Timothy 3:1)

5. Many wars would erupt (Matthew 24:6)

6. People would forsake the Ten Commandments as a moral code, committing adultery, stealing, lying, and killing (Matthew 24:12)

7. There would be a cold religious system, in denying God's power (2 Timothy 3:5)

8. Men would substitute fantasy in place of Christian truth (2 Timothy 4:4). This is so evident at Christmas when the birth of the Savior is lost behind the myth of Santa Claus.

9. Deadly diseases would be prevalent (Matthew 24:7). The worldwide increase in AIDS deaths is almost inestimable. Over 160,000 Americans die of cancer each year.

10. The fact that God once flooded the earth (the Noahic flood) would be denied (2 Peter 3:5-6). There is a mass of fossil evidence to prove this fact, yet it is flatly ignored by the scientific world because of its uncanny implication.

11. The institution of marriage would be forsaken by many (1 Timothy 4:3)

12. There would be an increase in famines (Matthew 24:7)

13. Increase in vegetarianism would increase (1 Timothy 4:3-4)

14. There would be a cry for peace (1 Thessalonians 5:3)

15. The possession of Jerusalem would be at the center of international turmoil (Zechariah 12:3)

16. Knowledge would increase (Daniel 12:4)

17. There would be hypocrites within the Church (Matthew 13:25-30)

18. There would be an increase of religious cults/false teachers (Matthew 24:11 & 24)

19. The future would seem fearful to many (Luke 21:26)

20. Humanity would become materialistic (2 Timothy 3:4)

21. There would be many involved in travel (Daniel 12:4)

22. The Christian Gospel would be preached as a warning to all nations (Matthew 24:14)

23. Jesus said Christians would be hated "for His name's sake" (Matthew 24:9)

24: And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken. (Luke 21:25-26).

25: Youth would become rebellious. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy (2 Timothy 3:2)

26: Men would mock the warning signs of the end of the age saying, "for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation." (2 Peter 3:4). The Bible even reveals their motivation, they love lust (verse 3). They fail to understand that a day to the Lord is as a thousand years to us. God is not subject to the time that He created. He can flick through time as we flick through the pages of a history book. The reason He seems to be silent, is because He is patiently waiting, not willing that any perish, but that all come to repentance.

Thank You Treo. No Time Line.
"The Bible states that as we draw near to the end people will become not only more sinful but more openly sinful. They’ll embrace their sin and revel in it and they’ll become more evil and more brutal towards each other and that they’ll have no love in their heart."
There's a "time line" alright, only the Biblical illiterate don't know it. Matthew 24:34-Mark 13:30 & Luke 21:32 is where Jesus tells us that the re-birth of Israel (1948), Signs of the End of the Age, would mark the beginning of the Last Generation. And yes it does sound like people are enjoying themselves, again just like the Bible says...Luke 17:26-30... 26 “Just as it was in the days of Noah, so also will it be in the days of the Son of Man. 27 People were eating, drinking, marrying and being given in marriage up to the day Noah entered the ark (depiction of the Rapture). Then the flood came and destroyed them all.

28 “It was the same in the days of Lot. People were eating and drinking, buying and selling, planting and building. 29 But the day Lot left Sodom (depiction of the Rapture) , fire and sulfur rained down from heaven and destroyed them all.

30 “It will be just like this on the day the Son of Man is revealed.

The "trigger to begin the end" will be the Rapture. That could happen at any moment.

Liberals are never happy. They always want more. Now that same sex unions are being forced on us as the new norm, what's next. Human animal unions, multiple unions. First we must redefine morality than there's no limit to justify any activity one would care to engauge in. It destroyed the Roman Empire and it will destroy us as well.

And this demonstrates that neither are conservatives. It does not require you to marry someone of the same sex, so move on and get over it, or be just like the liberals, never happy.

I am referring to the Supreme Cort. Just My Opinion but Marriage is between a man and a woman.
I am all good with Civil Unions that give equal rights, but the word and definition of marriage is for a man and a woman.

Of course they know what they are doing, they are defending the rights of a group of people based on the US Constitution. The same type of ruling that ended segregation 50+ years ago, They are not using the hate and intolerance of a religion to discriminate, as while you do have freedom of religion for many that includes freedom from religion and the bigotry, bias, and intolerance it teaches.

It must be very confusing for a blacks that lived under segreation and was descriminate against solely becaue of the color of the skin they were born with. The SCOTUS finally had to step in and enforce the equal rights for everyone the Constitution provides. I doubt very few objected then. Now every night on the news, we see a black preacher railing against another group, that were born that way, also being declared equals.

Good Lord enough is enough. Your here your queer we get it so shut up already.
Now the lawyers will have a brand new income stream which is why they were behind (excuse the pun) it all the time.

If I talked as much about manning up as they are talking about bufuing I would be labeled a label or something.

As in many subjects the devout dabble, their definition is not the only definition - simply the only one they choose to acknowledge in their simple-minded worldview:

marriage

mar·riage [mar-ij] Show IPA, noun

1. a legally, religiously, or socially sanctioned union of persons who commit to one another, forming a familial and economic bond: Anthropologists say that some type of marriage has been found in every society, past and present.

2. a. the social institution under which a man and woman establish their decision to live as husband and wife by legal commitments, religious ceremonies, etc.
b. a similar institution involving partners of the same gender, as in gay marriage; same-sex marriage.

3. the state, condition, or relationship of being married; wedlock: They have a happy marriage. Synonyms: matrimony. Antonyms: single life, bachelorhood, spinsterhood, singleness.

4. the legal or religious ceremony that formalizes the decision of two people to live as a married couple, including the accompanying social festivities: to officiate at a marriage. Synonyms: nuptials, marriage ceremony, wedding. Antonyms: divorce, annulment.

5. a relationship in which two people have pledged themselves to each other in the manner of a husband and wife, without legal sanction: trial marriage.​

This latest ruling is one of many (others involving public school prayers, creationism as science in classrooms, taxpayer-funded religious icons on public grounds, 10 commandments plaques in courtrooms)past and future court decisions that will do what Congress and state and local governments can't (that means "won't"): undo the shameful religious shackles on nearly ever aspect of life in this country.
Yes, isn't it wonderful to have raised our fist in God's face and removed what you call "shameful religious shackles"? Isn't it also wonderful just how our nation has fallen to the depths of depravity and we are now reflecting the mentality of a third world Banana Republic wallowing in our own self- willed destruction as consequence for our choice? Only an atheist so opposed to anything linked to God that their hatred gets in the way of common sense could spew such garbage from his mouth. Being of your father the devil you have the nearest alliance to Satan, and being a "fool by choice" will never go away or shut up. Trapped in your awful state of depravity you partake of the same principles and propensities which characterize the very nature and essence of your father the devil! When confronted with any debate your reprobate mentality demands that you issue negative and blasphemous commentary because, once again, your hatred gets in the way of any common sense.

Again, your hypothesis doesn't match the Bible.

END TIME SIGNS

1. False Bible teachers would be money hungry. They would be smooth talkers, have many followers, and slur the Christian faith (2 Peter 2:1-3)

2. Homosexuality would be increasingly evident at the end of the age (2 Timothy 3:3)

6. People would forsake the Ten Commandments as a moral code, committing adultery, stealing, lying, and killing (Matthew 24:12)

7. There would be a cold religious system, in denying God's power (2 Timothy 3:5)

8. Men would substitute fantasy in place of Christian truth (2 Timothy 4:4). This is so evident at Christmas when the birth of the Savior is lost behind the myth of Santa Claus.

9. Deadly diseases would be prevalent (Matthew 24:7). The worldwide increase in AIDS deaths is almost inestimable. Over 160,000 Americans die of cancer each year.

10. The fact that God once flooded the earth (the Noahic flood) would be denied (2 Peter 3:5-6). There is a mass of fossil evidence to prove this fact, yet it is flatly ignored by the scientific world because of its uncanny implication.

15. The possession of Jerusalem would be at the center of international turmoil (Zechariah 12:3)

18. There would be an increase of religious cults/false teachers (Matthew 24:11 & 24)

22. The Christian Gospel would be preached as a warning to all nations (Matthew 24:14)

24: And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken. (Luke 21:25-26).

25: Youth would become rebellious. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy (2 Timothy 3:2)

26: Men would mock the warning signs of the end of the age saying, "for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation." (2 Peter 3:4). The Bible even reveals their motivation, they love lust (verse 3). They fail to understand that a day to the Lord is as a thousand years to us. God is not subject to the time that He created. He can flick through time as we flick through the pages of a history book. The reason He seems to be silent, is because He is patiently waiting, not willing that any perish, but that all come to repentance.

Treo, you are implying a time line. Why couldn't a blissful time precede all of this?
I am looking for a time when people think their "Blessings" are because of their deeds or something other than Blessings from our heavenly Father.
Then:
END TIME SIGNS

Treo, you are implying a time line. Why couldn't a blissful time precede all of this?
I am looking for a time when people think their "Blessings" are because of their deeds or something other than Blessings from our heavenly Father.
Then:
END TIME SIGNS

OK, some of us who know the Truth must get off this and spread the Word to those who do not. This is all great to show we have Bible but let us not allow others to die in sin. I do not want that on my hands.

As in many subjects the devout dabble, their definition is not the only definition - simply the only one they choose to acknowledge in their simple-minded worldview:

marriage

mar·riage [mar-ij] Show IPA, noun

1. a legally, religiously, or socially sanctioned union of persons who commit to one another, forming a familial and economic bond: Anthropologists say that some type of marriage has been found in every society, past and present.

2. a. the social institution under which a man and woman establish their decision to live as husband and wife by legal commitments, religious ceremonies, etc.
b. a similar institution involving partners of the same gender, as in gay marriage; same-sex marriage.

3. the state, condition, or relationship of being married; wedlock: They have a happy marriage. Synonyms: matrimony. Antonyms: single life, bachelorhood, spinsterhood, singleness.

4. the legal or religious ceremony that formalizes the decision of two people to live as a married couple, including the accompanying social festivities: to officiate at a marriage. Synonyms: nuptials, marriage ceremony, wedding. Antonyms: divorce, annulment.

5. a relationship in which two people have pledged themselves to each other in the manner of a husband and wife, without legal sanction: trial marriage.​

From Webster's Dictionary:

marriage 1 a :the state of being married b:the mutual relation of husband and wife: WEDLOCK c: the institution whereby men and women are joined in a special kind of social and legal dependence for the purpose of founding and maintaining a family 2 : an act of marrying or the rite by which the married status is effected; esp : the wedding ceremony and attendant festivities or formalities. 3 : an intimate or close union.

Still means men and women make a marriage.

Good Lord enough is enough. Your here your queer we get it so shut up already.
Now the lawyers will have a brand new income stream which is why they were behind (excuse the pun) it all the time.

If I talked as much about manning up as they are talking about bufuing I would be labeled a label or something.

No, just not ignorant or a bigot.

From Webster's Dictionary:

marriage 1 a :the state of being married b:the mutual relation of husband and wife: WEDLOCK c: the institution whereby men and women are joined in a special kind of social and legal dependence for the purpose of founding and maintaining a family 2 : an act of marrying or the rite by which the married status is effected; esp : the wedding ceremony and attendant festivities or formalities. 3 : an intimate or close union.

Still means men and women make a marriage.

So now the new moral authority for life is Webster's Dictionary?

Thank You Treo. No Time Line. Peace can occur just before The end times. In fact, the lead in sounds like people are doing just as I said.

I can’t find anything in Scripture to support your hypothesis; if you can I’d like to see it.

Having said that, if you insist on a time of peace and prosperity before The Judgment begins then I suggest to you that it came and went in the 90s and I would also say that that first major tsunami that wiped out 100,000 people in Indonesia was the beginning of the end

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back