? for carrying women

hoovas

I have heard from women that concealed carry purses work well for carrying but not so well as a purse. Plus they are not very fashionable. It seems to me that a product that allowed a woman to use any purse they already have as a carry option would be a winner. Is this accurate? What features/options would you like to see offered by this product?

I don't trust purses for gun carrying. A purse is too easily separated from the person's direct control and access. That's my personal opinion.

There seems to be a growing selection of purse styles, sizes, materials, price ranges available for those who do want them.

Purses are targets, why would you keep a gun in one. My wife and daughter neither carry purses, because they are targets for thugs. They carry their money/bank cards, and their gun on their person for a reason.

Purses are targets, why would you keep a gun in one. My wife and daughter neither carry purses, because they are targets for thugs. They carry their money/bank cards, and their gun on their person for a reason.
Wow, they're lucky. There's no way I could carry everything I need without a purse.

I don't trust purses for gun carrying. A purse is too easily separated from the person's direct control and access. That's my personal opinion.

And that opinion is shared by multitudes of professionals whose job-effectiveness is at least partially dependent upon their ability to substantiate the reasons why they hold it.

To the OP: Check with any well-reputed shooting academy and ask the simple question, "Do you recommend purse-carry?" While some may equivocate by saying "Only as the last resort," if anyone says, "Why yes, yes we do recommend purse carry," run away from them like your hair's on fire, or better yet, run away like you were running from the thief who just cut your purse with your gun in it off of your shoulder and you know you need to find cover before he finds your gun. That last part is precisely why those in the know will almost always advise against purse carry.

Conceal carry purses work much better as purses than they work as a secure means of carrying a loaded weapon. As careful as the author is not to dissuade women to even try carrying a weapon daily, she is unequivocal in her opinion that purse carry should only be the last possible resort in this Cornered Cat piece, "Should I Carry in my Purse?". For your own sake, and for the sake of those around you, at least read that piece before making your decision.

Otherwise, welcome to the site.

Blues

Does this mean that XD40 and Blues are transgender? The thread is "? for women".

You are right about the title of the thread, but the thread is contained in a sub-forum entitled, "Women and Guns." Nowhere does it say that no men are allowed, and good advice is good advice no matter which gender it comes from.

And besides, the OP probably didn't know when she posted that only one female is still a fairly regular poster here. If she was going to have a variety of answers to choose from, it necessarily was going to include answers from men.

Blues

Those women who choose to carry a purse, for whatever reason, would be wise to carry their gun on their body anyway.

If you choose purse carry, can you affirm the following 100%

1. I've never left my purse anywhere, or let it out of my physical control ever.
2. I've never had a purse stolen.
3. No child or other unauthorized person has ever had any access to my bag, not even for a moment.
4. I never go anywhere a thief could cut my bag strap and take off with it.

I teach concealed carry, and have talked to a lot of women. One lady told me about watching a 4 year old niece pick up her handbag and toss it to the floor... while she was across the room. She never carried in a purse again. She told me it's just not worth it. Even once.

If you are going to carry a gun, dress around it. How much wardrobe fashion is worth your life?

Hi everyone, I am a senior female living in a very warm climate. I have tried almost every form of conceal carry trying to find what is right for me. Just like our haircuts and choice of clothing we are all different. I have tried purse carry, bra carry, in and out of waist band, deep crotch conceal, corsets, belly bands and on and on. While these are great and proven methods for others they didn't work for me. Finally I found what works for me. 1st I tried a ready made tank top with a built in side holster under my blouses. really liked it. then I saw a sew on holster that you use to make your own. bought a tank top with built in bra sewed on the holster where I wanted it. I now have 3 in different colors and can comfortably carry sitting at a desk. Happy at last. So ladies don't give up hopefully you will find the perfect weapon and carry method for you.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back