FNH five seven

etweld

Does anyone have any experience with the FNH five seven

Sent from my SM-N900P using USA Carry mobile app

Is it a good firearm that is reliable and worth buying

Sent from my SM-N900P using USA Carry mobile app

Several women I know carry FiveseveN's in their purses and seem to love them. Little or no recoil and a high round count is apparently important to them. The ammunition is very expensive; but nobody seems to care. A local gun shop owner who can carry anything he feels like has been carrying a FiveSeven for the past several years. He's also very fond of it. I've held, but haven't shot it. It feels good in the hand, and is very lightweight. (I guess I don't have to tell you what pistol did so much damage at Fort Hood, TX - Right!)

ADDED: There is still a high demand for the original SS190 ammunition. Some people (LE) seem to be able to get it; everybody else (civilians) are only able to purchase the blue-tipped, SS197SR ammo. The most common complaint I've heard is that SS197SR is a glorified 22 WMR; but, in all honesty, I think it hits harder than that. It's a fast moving little bastard of a 40 grain bullet, and zips out 'a the muzzle at over 1,900 FPS with 340 FT/LB of energy coming at ya out of a barrel that's less than 5 inches in length. That's fast; and an identical weight 22 WMR bullet fired out of a similar length barrel will NOT do that.

Several women I know carry FiveseveN's in their purses and seem to love them. Little or no recoil and a high round count is apparently important to them. The ammunition is very expensive; but nobody seems to care. A local gun shop owner who can carry anything he feels like has been carrying a FiveSeven for the past several years. He's also very fond of it. I've held, but haven't shot it. It feels good in the hand, and is very lightweight. (I guess I don't have to tell you what pistol did so much damage at Fort Hood, TX - Right!)

That would be Mark:smile:

Several women I know carry FiveseveN's in their purses and seem to love them.
those must be some HUGE purses!
ADDED: There is still a high demand for the original SS190 ammunition. Some people (LE) seem to be able to get it; everybody else (civilians) are only able to purchase the blue-tipped, SS197SR ammo. The most common complaint I've heard is that SS197SR is a glorified 22 WMR; but, in all honesty, I think it hits harder than that. It's a fast moving little bastard of a 40 grain bullet, and zips out 'a the muzzle at over 1,900 FPS with 340 FT/LB of energy coming at ya out of a barrel that's less than 5 inches in length. That's fast; and an identical weight 22 WMR bullet fired out of a similar length barrel will NOT do that.

ss 198lf is a good load and is easily available as is some custom loaded ammo from some easily found sites

As already said, I am not sure what kind of women would look to this type of firearm. Yes it has a lo recoil but it is also a full size firearm--may be light in weight but it is still full size and, IMO, a bit of a bother for most women--even the grip can be a problem. As far as ammo is concerned, there are alternatives to the standard 197. A company called Elite sells a variety of boutique 57 ammo designed for specific purposes. In my case I have a type that is designed more for a frangible end result, which should eliminate some in home and collateral damage if used for home defense. American Eagle makes 57 ammo that is great for practice and can be had for under $20 per 50. As to cost, the 197 can be gotten for around $20 per 50; costs had skyrocketed in recent memory but supply/demand seems to have steadied I actually purchased 197 at around $16 per 50 which is not out of line with other ammo. The FN and Elite labelled ammo may be expensive, but its use, particularly the Elite ammo (could be $1 or more per cartridge), is for actual defense use and if you do not use it, you are not paying to replace it once you purchased that first 50 rounds. The firearm, however, is still in that over $1000 range so it is not inexpensive.

I'd suggest that some of you guys get off the male chauvinist kick! My (former) sister-in-law is a State Police detective. You should see what she carries inside her Galco purse! (Scares me!) My wife, also, carries a large pistol in her shoulder bag; and my wife handles a pistol better than most men I know. The wife of a recently retired local gun shop owner, as well as the current girlfriend of a police sergeant we recently had dinner with, both, love their FiveseveN's. I carry, and have carried for many years now, a Glock Model 21 on my belt; but that doesn't cause me to ASSume that men have a monopoly on carrying either heavy, particularly useful, or full-size handguns. WE DON'T!

The FN Five Seven is awesome I own one and love shooting it. Extremely accurate and light. Oh and did I mention low recoil. Here is mine [emoji2]Link Removed

Cinder Sixplus using Tapatalk

I'd suggest that some of you guys get off the male chauvinist kick! My (former) sister-in-law is a State Police detective. You should see what she carries inside her Galco purse! (Scares me!) My wife, also, carries a large pistol in her shoulder bag; and my wife handles a pistol better than most men I know. The wife of a recently retired local gun shop owner, as well as the current girlfriend of a police sergeant we recently had dinner with, both, love their FiveseveN's. I carry, and have carried for many years now, a Glock Model 21 on my belt; but that doesn't cause me to ASSume that men have a monopoly on carrying either heavy, particularly useful, or full-size handguns. WE DON'T!

Geeze guy--get a life. Many women, believe it or not, have small hands and the grip alone is a closer in not having one. I know this for a certainty. Kindly remember we have, 24/7 belts, pants, pockets that can easily CC--not so 24/7 for ladies. Believe it or not, many women may actually go out on the town dressed to the nines with a small purse to boot--and not their "glock purse". If this is male macho, pigs fly.

Geeze guy--get a life. Many women, believe it or not, have small hands and the grip alone is a closer in not having one. I know this for a certainty. Kindly remember we have, 24/7 belts, pants, pockets that can easily CC--not so 24/7 for ladies. Believe it or not, many women may actually go out on the town dressed to the nines with a small purse to boot--and not their "glock purse". If this is male macho, pigs fly.

some people rarely get away from the trailer park

Have one. Love it. I have some problems with my hands that are affecting my grip. I have large hands and the grip on the FN is large enough that it is easy to handle. The safety is a little weird until you get used to it. But with my stiff hands it has actually become an advantage for me. The low recoil is the main thing for me. After shooting my Glock 21 or even a 9mm after a few rounds my hands start to loose their grip. Nor so with the 5.7.

Have one. Love it. I have some problems with my hands that are affecting my grip. I have large hands and the grip on the FN is large enough that it is easy to handle. The safety is a little weird until you get used to it.

safety? I have NEVER engaged the safety

you would think the fact that its a plastic hand gun would keep the cost down. Crazy how much fn and hk price guns at.

you would think the fact that its a plastic hand gun would keep the cost down. Crazy how much fn and hk price guns at.
They (FN) dropped MSRP on their BLACK striker models. Everyone raves about the HK VP9 (never shot one) but on paper, it seems too large to conceal. I do like the Sig P320 (wishlist firearm)...I'm happy with my G19.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back