Flying and packing w/handgun

Does my Glock case qualify as a hard side case? I have a lock that the hasp will fit tightly around the handle & prevent it from being opened.

Does my Glock case qualify as a hard side case? I have a lock that the hasp will fit tightly around the handle & prevent it from being opened.

maybe, depending on who does the inspection.
the reasoning is that even though the case appears to be locked and closed it is very easy to pry it open from the sides, I was once turned away because they felt that the glock case was not secure enough

Just ordered a Pelican #1170 Pistol Case with engraved nameplate for $43.10 including shipping. It has the Pick-n-Pluck foam bed so you can fit your pistol of choice in the case along with a magazine or 2.

I am getting it to be able to take my Glock 26 or 17 when I travel.

Howdy,

I'm headed to Alaska on Monday for salmon fishing and I'm going to take my wife Ginger and my Glock 23.

I bought a hard sided case to carry my Glock. Link Removed

I fly about once a year but I haven't flown with a gun in over 20 years ( I had a badge and a Govt ID back then ) so I hope I have my ducks in a row.

Thanks for the advice and info, especially on taking a pic of my gun case and luggage.

Paul

Greetings! My husband and I just flew from Detroit to Tampa on Delta today. I followed all the directions here and we got through without any issues. My only suggestion is to put all of your firearms in the same suitcase. I put each Glock in a separate metal, locking case approved for air travel in different suitcases. (These boxes had metal cables that we attached to the frame of our suitcase.) Then I put the ammo in a separate bag in the original purchase box all in another suitcase! When we checked in, we had to open all three suitcases. Not too big of a deal, but, it did take a little more time. We could have put all of it in one suitcase. When we fly home, we will make that change.

Happy travels!

Howdy,

I returned from my trip on Wednesday the 24th and everything went smooth as silk.

When I got to the Little Rock airport i told the counter clerk from American that I wanted to declare a handgun. She asked there the handgun was located and I said in my suit case.

She said the open the suit case and show her the gun, which I did. Next she gave a card to me to sign stating that the handgun, my Glock 23 was unloaded. I signed the card, placed it in the gun case, locked it, pocketed the key, placed case back into suitcase, locked suitcase with a TSA lock and the clerk "checked" my bag.

When I got to Anchorage I picked up my suitcase and once we were at the car I checked to make sure my Glock was still there, which it was.

The return trip was basically the same except I checked my bag with TES.

What I found as strange was that I did not meet a single person that was "packin' " while I was in Alaska. Even some of my family that are hardcore gun nuts didn't carry even though you do not need a permit to carry.

Paul

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back