Florida vs Utah

gschoelles

So Florida CWP arrived in 3 weeks and covers most of the states that Utah does and then some, so why the push for the Utah permit? :wacko:

So Florida CWP arrived in 3 weeks and covers most of the states that Utah does and then some, so why the push for the Utah permit? :wacko:

A UT permit costs less initially and renewals are currently only $10. Fingerprints can be taken by anyone trained to obtain high quality fingerprints vs. the FL permit, which requires that fingerprints be taken at a LE agency.

That aside, the UT permit is recognized in WA state, while the FL permit is not.

gf

A UT permit costs less initially and renewals are currently only $10. Fingerprints can be taken by anyone trained to obtain high quality fingerprints vs. the FL permit, which requires that fingerprints be taken at a LE agency.

That aside, the UT permit is recognized in WA state, while the FL permit is not.

gf

Hey Glock!

Washington State now honors both Resident and Non-Resident Florida permits. I believe this took effect in may.

The only thing a Utah permit will give over a FL is Minnesota.

Hey Glock!

Washington State now honors both Resident and Non-Resident Florida permits. I believe this took effect in may.

The only thing a Utah permit will give over a FL is Minnesota.

Thanks for the update! BTW, NM will honor FL, but no longer recognizes UT.

gf

Why not both?

Both is fine, but point is there's 1 state difference on Florida and aside from LE finger printing the Florida appears easier to obtain, but yet it is pushed as UTAH.

Cause of Quandary:

I took "UTAH/Florida" course on a Saturday, Posted UTAH on Monday, Fingerprinted Florida Monday, Posted Florida Tuesday. Received Florida 3 weeks from post date with an issue date 1 day after post date, and still expected UTAH to run the full 60 days!?

And the Florida was offered as a free add-on to the class that just required another check to be sent, but not pushed as necessary or needed.

I'm glad I opted to do both.:pleasantry:

Well, I am a bit confused - I have a TX resident, and that takes me almost everywhere. Why would I want another if it is redundant to my primary? Just asking.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back