Florida Statutes

RBos

In wake of the Aurora shooting, and hearing different folks speak of not being able to carry due to seating capacity and the state laws where they live, I decided I would re-read the book of statutes that comes with FL CCW permit information.

I did not see anything stating that we were prohibited from carrying concealed to movie theaters, or events of like based on capacity.

What say you all on this?

Did I misread or overlook?

what would seating capacity have to do with not carrying? unless the management asks you not to bring your gun in you should be ok but if you have it well concealed they probably won't know you have one right?

In wake of the Aurora shooting, and hearing different folks speak of not being able to carry due to seating capacity and the state laws where they live, I decided I would re-read the book of statutes that comes with FL CCW permit information.

I did not see anything stating that we were prohibited from carrying concealed to movie theaters, or events of like based on capacity.

What say you all on this?

Did I misread or overlook?

There is no restriction on carry in movie theatres and, in FL, signs carry no weight. Best they can do is ask you to leave if you are discovered (and if you are truly concealing, that should never happen). Florida lists all places that are prohibited.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back