Florida Sen. Bill Nelson's reply to my e-mail

gilfo

Here is Nelsons reply to my e-mail to him

Thank you for contacting me about policy proposals that seek to reduce gun violence in the wake of the tragedy in Newtown.

I am a hunter and have always owned guns. I support the Second Amendment. But when assault rifles are used to kill children, it's time for America to act.

Solutions for reducing gun violence must address many areas, from protecting law enforcement and keeping weapons out of the hands of criminals, to school safety, access to mental health services, and confronting a culture that sometimes glorifies violence.

I support reinstating the assault weapons ban and restoring the 10-round limit for ammunition magazines. And, I support universal background checks so that we can know if person buying a weapon has a criminal record.

I appreciate hearing your views on this very important issue, and I will keep them in mind in the days ahead as the Senate debates gun control issues. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future.

Sincerely,
Bill Nelson

And my reply back to him after receiving it

Dear Mr. Nelson,

Thank you for response. While I agree that the tragedy in Newtown was horrendous I do not think a ban would resolve the issues leading up to and including this tragedy. Therefore I regret to inform you that I will NOT be voting for you in your next re-election bid as I have done in the past. It is clear to me that you are not in step with what the Second Amendment was intended to be. I will work tirelessly to do whatever I can to make sure you are not re-elected for another term when the time comes. You are not a friend of the Constitution therefore not a friend to me.

Sincerely

I suggest we all to the same now that we know his position.

Senator Nelson doesn't seem to grasp the fact that there was NO assault rifle used at Sandy Hook, That is why none can find ant video from the newly installed system at the Sandy Hook school.
Smoke and mirrors from the feds in my opinion.
Another big No vote for him.

Keep the pressure on, Keep writing and possibly calling your Reps. PUSH-PUSH-PUSH. These people have to realize that the game has changed back to "We the People". Thanks for your work.

He hasn't responded to me yet... I sent an email a couple of weeks ago to all of my Florida reps, and none have responded.

Bill Nelsons reply to NationalGunrightsOrg form letter:
Dear Mr. Bennett:

Thank you for contacting me about policy proposals that seek to reduce gun violence in the wake of the tragedy in Newtown.

I am a hunter and have always owned guns, and I support the Second Amendment.

But assault weapons such as AK 47s are intended for killing, not hunting.

Solutions for reducing gun violence must address many areas, from protecting law enforcement and keeping weapons out of the hands of criminals, to school safety, access to mental health services, and confronting a culture that sometimes glorifies violence.

I support reinstating the assault weapons ban and restoring the 10-round limit for ammunition magazines. And, I support universal background checks so that we can know if person buying a weapon has a criminal record.

I appreciate hearing your views on this very important issue, and I will keep them in mind. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future.

Sincerely,
Bill Nelson
My reply:
Thank you for your response.
I expected as much from you in response to the 2nd amendment. I must refute your claim to be a supporter of the 2nd amendment as it is not intended to provide for "hunting" but to preserve our sovereignty. That is not where my argument really lies. The FBI crime statistics show that the assault weapons ban had no effect on crime. In fact this whole argument is towards banning many common weapons of the day all perpetrated by those who don't even know what they are talking about. It is all an emotional argument throwing facts and statistics out the window. In fact Vice President Biden has already said we don't have the money to prosecute or go after those who fraudulently fill out form 4473. These are items that will have an effect on crime and guns from falling into the wrong hands. Instead these measures do nothing but punish law abiding citizens with no effect on crime.
By the way I hunt deer and hogs with an a r type rifle. And no, not with 30 round magazines. Let’s look for real solutions. Do you really think those of us "gun nuts" want Newton’s to happen? The Vice President basically shut out/ignored pro gun people from the conversation. Should we have at least been heard?
Thank you for your time and your service to the great State of Florida.
Todd Bennett
His response:
Dear Mr. Bennett:

Thank you for contacting me about protecting Second Amendment rights.

I grew up on a ranch in the Florida countryside and have been a hunter since I was a boy. I support a person's constitutional right to bear arms.

In 2008, the Supreme Court of the United States affirmed that the Second Amendment protects a person's right to possess a firearm, unconnected to military service, and to use that firearm for traditional lawful purposes like self-defense within the home. This is the law of the land.

I appreciate hearing your views on this subject. Hearing from you helps me to better serve you in the Senate.

Sincerely,
Bill Nelson
So to make it clear he does not support the second amendment and will vote to ban "assault" weapons. under lined section was underlined in response. The poll on his site for or against gun control measure was 70-1 against any new gun control restrictions on law abiding citizens. He is far from the protector/moderate he would like you to think he is.

sorry sob's should be voted out of office if they think new laws will make any difference to madmen!

His vote on the un att recently in the Senate should tell you exactly where he stands. Pro gun control aka People Control.

Nelson support the second? Never has, does not, and never will. Maybe we can get him to be the one to lasso an asteroid..........

I hate Bill Nelson. He only pretends to care about the people. He was supposed to protect the Space Coast and defense contractors and now guess who are all out of jobs now? All he cares about is getting his disgusting smirk on ads.

Should I tell you how I really feel about him?

I sent pretty much the same kind of questions to Tom Rooney, my representative and to Marco Rubio. Both of them responded with much the same answer. Here's Rooney's.

Thank you for contacting me regarding gun control. It is good to hear from you on this issue.

I want to assure you that I will be vigilant in monitoring bills that may be harmful to the interests of law-abiding gun owners. I am a staunch proponent of the Second Amendment which clearly protects our individual right to keep and bear arms. I believe gun control policies fail to recognize that criminals, not guns, are the root cause of crime and violence in America. Therefore, I will work to support the rights of gun owners who use firearms responsibly, while working to punish those who break the law.

Please know I will keep your views in mind should any relevant legislation come before me for consideration.

Again, thank you for contacting my office. Please do not hesitate to contact me again any time should you have any additional comments about this or any other legislative issue. Also, please visit my web site at Link Removed for regular updates.

Sincerely,

Thomas J. Rooney
Member of Congress

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back