Florida Non Resident Permit

joghotrod

Hi everybody, I just registered today and I live in Baton Rouge La. I see from the maps on this site that La. my home state does not allow me to legally carry here with my non- resident florida permit. From what I have read of the law here and read on other forums, I belive this to be incorrect. Does anybody know for sure if La. is still saying it is not accepting the non resident Florida permit. Thanks for any info that you have.

Jimmy

LA will no longer honor Non-resident Florida carry permits, soon this will include Utah non-resident permits. The reason they give is that numerous residents in louisiana are carrying on Non res florida permits instead of Lousiana resident permits. Resident Florida CCW permits are still being honored.

LSP - Sections - Concealed Handgun Permit Unit

This was reversed. They were told they cannot do this and have taken it off their web page. They DO honor Florida non-resident permits.

Good to hear it. I didn't support the whinning about "our residents are spending their money elsewhere". If residents are going elsewhere to get a permit, there must be too much BS involved with getting a permit from LA.

I'd check to see if Louisiana honors a NON-RESIDENT permit from a RESIDENT. I've heard the Louisiana license is honored in almost as many states as the Florida permit. And a Resident permit is sometimes honored in states where a non-resident permit is not.

They do.
# R.S. 40:1379.3(T)(2) – "A non-resident concealed handgun permit issued by another state is invalid in the state of Louisiana if issued to an individual who is a resident of this state has been denied a handgun permit or has been issued a handgun permit which is under revocation or suspension."

If you were denied a permit then no, it is not honored. In all other cases yes.

They do.
# R.S. 40:1379.3(T)(2) – "A non-resident concealed handgun permit issued by another state is invalid in the state of Louisiana if issued to an individual who is a resident of this state has been denied a handgun permit or has been issued a handgun permit which is under revocation or suspension."

If you were denied a permit then no, it is not honored. In all other cases yes.

Does that mean if you are a crook and never applied for a LA permit than you still qualify, since you technically have not been denied?

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back