FL CWL - 110+ Days

I mailed mine 3/03, recieved 6/22, 111 days door to door. Another guy I was talking with on another forum was 122 days.

Times are aproximate due to old brain.
We visited Fl in April. Ponte Vedra...beautiful! Went to Jacksonville Sheriff's office and got fingerprinted and filled out paper work. BTW We are from Pa. so this was for a non-resident permit. Paid, cash only.
When we got home we filled out reat of paperwork. Think had to get forms notarized and sent two $75 checks. Mailed all back to dept. of Fl Agriculture...all in same mailer.
End of July I received my Florida cwp. I do believe it was just under the 90 day provision. My wife got hers back one and a half weeks later.
I didn't see anything on my permit that said "non-resident" though the header on card is in blue. Did I miss something or does the Florida CWP not differentiate between resident and non on the card? Again this site is very helpful with alot of knowledgable people contributing!

Capgun, there is no difference between a Florida resident permit and a nonresident permit, except the address.

... I didn't see anything on my permit that said "non-resident" though the header on card is in blue. Did I miss something or does the Florida CWP not differentiate between resident and non on the card?

Your address on the card is what determines whether the CHL is resident or not.

THat sure makes sense lol Just wondered if there was a noticeable difference like format or color. Thanks Mathewaynelson

From what I was told at the DOA office ( I live in Tallahassee and hand delivered my wife and my application) the prints are run through FDLE. The backlog is in the background checks with the ink prints. We did the electronic prints and had the permits in less than 60 days.

In my opinion, the harder you press them, the further down the stack your app. goes. In New York State you wait 9mos-1 year and they could give a crap about the laws governing them. They will tell you, get a lawyer and sue. By that time you'll have your permit and everyone is HAPPY! Be Cool or you will pay the cost!

In my opinion, the harder you press them, the further down the stack your app. goes. In New York State you wait 9mos-1 year and they could give a crap about the laws governing them. They will tell you, get a lawyer and sue. By that time you'll have your permit and everyone is HAPPY! Be Cool or you will pay the cost!
Since this is a Florida Thread.. I wrote the Governor and the head of the Agriculture Dept. (same e-mail)
I got my CCW in just over 90 days when there were reports of up to 40 days longer... So, it didn't hurt me to complain, and may have helped.. I did electronic FP's so that may have helped, plus they have hired more people over the past few months.. So things are getting better..

I wish I didnt read these posts. Just put in my CCW for Florida. I guess I'm gonna be waiting a while

Update update!

UPDATE on FL CCLs.

I sent mine in the lask week of May. Check cashed June 2. It arrived this last Friday or Saturday Sept 4/5. I even had to call them because there was a slight discrepancy on my application; even though I did it right.

I called them the day after I got it. So that may have taken 2-3 days for mailing purposes. So overall, it took right at 90 days +/- a few days.

Cheers

hmm her in missouri I have a heritage card witch is a credit card type of a I.D.that was issued to me at the end of my hunters ed. course. but the directions want a signature from the instructor. anybody ever have this problem?

Florida Concealed permit times improving!!!

My wife put in for her Florida permit (mailed July 7th) and received the permit today (electronic fingerprints)
69 days!!!!
Florida seems to have turned around their waiting list issues... Fl

A Maryland resident posted on MarylandShooters forum that he received his FL permit in less than 30 days. There is no rhyme or reason....

I wish I didnt read these posts. Just put in my CCW for Florida. I guess I'm gonna be waiting a while

It may not be that bad of a wait. I sent in my Florida application on the 5th of August. I just received my CCW today, 42 days later. :yes2:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back