Five Reasons Why You Need a Handgun Laser

The only person talking about magic talismans guaranteed to always work...is yourself. We were enjoying a good thread until you came along.
It was I who said a laser ... and even a gun... is NOT a magic talisman/spell/wand guaranteed to work. Perhaps you should go back and reread my post?

Wait... I'll make it easy for you:

Originally posted by Bikenut
Seeing a gun doesn't always stop an attack. Seeing a gun COULD stop an attack. Even open carry is no guarantee of stopping an attack.

But bottom line is quite simple. If a person likes the laser then they should use the laser but with the understanding that <just like carrying a gun whether open or concealed> it is not some magic wand/talisman/spell that will instantly cause the bad guy to stop attacking/run away as seen on TV shows or commercials intended to sell lasers.

And my bringing up that bad guys don't look at their chests to see a laser dot like seen on TV should be fodder for more discussion.... not reason for ridicule.

But enough of this. I will let my postings stand for themselves and bow out of your obvious attempt to start yet another internet argument.

Have a nice day.

It was I who said a laser ... and even a gun... is NOT a magic talisman/spell/wand guaranteed to work.
Yes I know. No one claimed that lasers ARE "magic", or a "guarantee", or "talismans", for you to then need to refute it. No one made the claim you're arguing against, for you to be arguing against it.

Yes, a laser can intimidate the bad guy.

Yes, you can see most lasers without looking at your chest, or even the gun; you can see the beem, especially if the laser is green and especially in low light conditions.

Yes, simply showing the gun can and in many instances does stop the attack without a shot being fired.

Please refer to your dictionary and note that "can" does not mean "will". Do you see how the words "can" and "will" are made of different letters? I'll give you a moment....that's usualy a good indicator that they aren't the same word.

Howdy,

5 reasons why lasers are for wannabes and Keyboard Kommandos:

1.) They are TACTICOOL!

2.) To be a "Real" Operator you have to have one, just ask any Mall Ninja.

3.) It's a great way to impress the BGs while your looking for your red dot as he bixxh slaps the crap out of you then uses your lazer for an anal probe.

4.) Still laughing over #3.

5.) All of the above.

Paul

Howdy,

5 reasons why lasers are for wannabes and Keyboard Kommandos:

1.) They are TACTICOOL!

2.) To be a "Real" Operator you have to have one, just ask any Mall Ninja.

3.) It's a great way to impress the BGs while your looking for your red dot as he bixxh slaps the crap out of you then uses your lazer for an anal probe.

4.) Still laughing over #3.

5.) All of the above.

Paul

Sten,

You forgot one!

JEDI! [emoji12][emoji106]
Be careful guys... you might be accused of refuting a claim that no one made since no one said a laser will prevent being bixxh slapped and no one said a laser will make you a Jedi.

Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
It was I who said a laser ... and even a gun... is NOT a magic talisman/spell/wand guaranteed to work.
Yes I know. No one claimed that lasers ARE "magic", or a "guarantee", or "talismans", for you to then need to refute it. No one made the claim you're arguing against, for you to be arguing against it.

-snip-
Please refer to your dictionary and note that "can" does not mean "will". Do you see how the words "can" and "will" are made of different letters? I'll give you a moment....that's usualy a good indicator that they aren't the same word.
I will try this just one more time. Perhaps you can consult your dictionary and discover that "refute" and "claim" are two different words consisting of different letters.

I did not "refute" anything but I did make the "claim" that a laser ... and even a gun... is NOT a magic talisman/spell/wand guaranteed to work. I made a "claim", a claim that happens to be the truth that no one has even tried to "refute".

Aaaaannnnndddd.... where does it say that there first must be something to refute before making a claim is ... allowed? Or is that just your personal discussion rules?

And all this means, at least to me, that you are either reading comprehension challenged or are intentionally trying to start an internet argument. Either way I've wasted way too much time with you already.

You may have the last word. Do try to pack as much ridicule and insults into it as possible.

As for the actual topic of this discussion...

I still prefer to keep things as simple as possible in order to lessen the odds of something going wrong at the worst possible time. And just as I carry my spare mag already inside a second gun in order to cut down on the chances of messing up a mag change at the worst possible time I will not use a laser in order to cut down on the chances of me conditioning myself to rely on seeing that little red/green dot and having a moment of hesitation wondering where the little dot is because the laser failed at the worst possible time.

Other folks are free to make up their own minds as to whether using a laser is beneficial.

I think there are only two reasons to buy a laser for your handgun:

1. You can't shoot.

2. You aren't willing to learn

I have an X5L on my XDm 9mm 4.5 SA. Have been shooting for years, own many sidearms. Get-the-hell over it.

Howdy,

I have an X5L on my XDm 9mm 4.5 SA. Have been shooting for years, own many sidearms. Get-the-hell over it.

There you go boys and girls!

An expert opinion from a Keyboard Kommando that doesn't actually own a gun but pretends to while posting on the 'Net from his Mom's basement.........uh........ I mean "Command Post".

Paul

P.S. Until my dying days I will never understand why people that do not own firearms, especially handguns, post kooky BS on a gun forum that specializes in carrying a handgun for self defense.

Howdy,

There you go boys and girls!

An expert opinion from a Keyboard Kommando that doesn't actually own a gun but pretends to while posting on the 'Net from his Mom's basement.........uh........ I mean "Command Post".

Paul

P.S. Until my dying days I will never understand why people that do not own firearms, especially handguns, post kooky BS on a gun forum that specializes in carrying a handgun for self defense.
Paul, you're off your meds again. Yeah, same ol' same ol'. Cognitive dissonance. Sad part about it, the sufferer doesn't even know he/she has it.

May I call your pharmacy recommended by your psychiatrist again, and get this nipped in the bud?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back