First crack at making a IWB revolver holster

SGB

Taurus 41 mag, 8/9oz drum dyed leather, pull dot snaps and replaceable straps.

20jpcvd.jpg

Nice work. How well does it grip the gun? I dont think I have seen one that rides that low on the cylinder but I like it.

I thought that at first but I think it would compromise getting the proper grip. May be wrong but SGB can say for sure

I can cover more of the trigger guard without hindering the ability to obtain a proper grip and will alter the pattern to do so on my next revolver holster. But as long as the trigger is covered I think it works, however constructive criticism and suggestions are more than welcome.

Is it ambidextrous? If not does the side that is against the body come up higher? I think most call it the "sweat guard" side.

I think if you bring the leather up to cover up more of the trigger guard you might want to bring up the leather on the cylinder also. As it is now it has a nice curve up to the trigger that flows well and gives it a great look. I would want to keep that curve but I guess you can’t tell if more leather will throw that off until you do a pattern and look at it.

Is it ambidextrous? If not does the side that is against the body come up higher? I think most call it the "sweat guard" side.

I think if you bring the leather up to cover up more of the trigger guard you might want to bring up the leather on the cylinder also. As it is now it has a nice curve up to the trigger that flows well and gives it a great look. I would want to keep that curve but I guess you can’t tell if more leather will throw that off until you do a pattern and look at it.

Yes, when I raise the point to cover the trigger guard I'll slightly raise the leather covering the cylinder, but not by much. Here's the back

jj69zb.jpg

I can cover more of the trigger guard without hindering the ability to obtain a proper grip and will alter the pattern to do so on my next revolver holster. But as long as the trigger is covered I think it works, however constructive criticism and suggestions are more than welcome.

My concern would be that, once that leather over the trigger guard wears and softens (as leather always does), it could get "smooshed" into the trigger when you sit down, particularly in a car seat with seat belt. This can cause a negligent discharge, causing injury to you and damage to your vehicle. I know of a case where this happened to a guy. He had a semi-auto, which means likely a lighter trigger than a revolver. But better safe than sorry.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back