First AR

Warrior1256

I bought my first AR, a Del-Ton Sierra 316 MOE 5.56. Any opinions?

I think you got an AR when many others can't great job. Dont worry to much about others opinions because remember they are just like a$$hole$, go enjoy it, your probably going to modify the $hit out of it anyhow.

I'm not too familiar with Del-Ton. When it comes to AR's, I'm a Colt guy personally. Not to say that there aren't plenty of good choices, it's just that I'm a bit of a purist when it comes to the iconic firearms. Plus I loooooove their chrome bore and bolt carrier jobs. But you will enjoy your new toy just the same as I enjoy mine. HAPPY SHOOTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, so the next gun purchase will be a 20 ga. and the one after that will be a AR. You people go wild over this platform so there must really be something to it. Congrats on your new addition to your tool box.

LOL.....I just grew up with them......that is, if you call 20 years in the Army "growing up".........so I trust them and am intimately familiar with them.....and a little nostalgic to be honest.

I'm not too familiar with Del-Ton. When it comes to AR's, I'm a Colt guy personally. Not to say that there aren't plenty of good choices, it's just that I'm a bit of a purist when it comes to the iconic firearms. Plus I loooooove their chrome bore and bolt carrier jobs. But you will enjoy your new toy just the same as I enjoy mine. HAPPY SHOOTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AR = Armalite. However I have two, an Armalite and aOlympicic Arms. No issues with either one, I would suggest extra parts, springs and pins, just because I lost one simple spring, my fault.

I see a lot of Oly's around here....I guess since they're just down the road from me.
Yeah.....I carry spare ejector springs and pads, firing pins, firing pins, retaining pins and ejector pins. especially the ejector pins. Drop one of those in the grass and it's gone forever.

I've handled quite a few DelTons here and haven't found a bad one. Several of the M4-gery uppers have produced under 1"(sometimes WAY under 1")groups. They seem to like 50 grain bullets even though they're 1-8 or 1-9 twist. The 16" HBar carbine I've been carrying the last 3 years has held up well finish wise even though it takes quite a beating.

I've got the Match Target Comp. HBAR-II. It takes a licking from me as well. Ive been running iron sights forever, but am thinking about getting a reflex sight for it. Although I'd love an ACOG instead, but don't have the moolah to fork out yet. I had the opportunity to bring one back free from Iraq many moons ago but didn't. I will take that regret to the grave!!!!!!!!!!

I just got my first AR too!! Windham Weaponry - Maine (lifetime warranty) Don't know why I waited so damned long.

Looks like the ammo crunch is winding down finally. Cabela's has a s-ton on the shelves at the moment.....and $9 boxes of Federals too.

I bought my first AR, a Del-Ton Sierra 316 MOE 5.56. Any opinions?

Congratulations!!! I don't know much about the Del-Ton's, but I also added two AR's to the gun locker in Feb & March of this year. I should have waited a few months more for the madness & chaos to die down after Sandy Hook!! I was worried about new assault type weapons to be banned!! I was not happy at all about the price gouging by the only local gun shop in San Francisco, CA. I am always amazed at the engineering simplicity of this platform!!

looking for my first as well and i think i'm going with the Rock River Arms R3 comp rifle with the A2 stock just haven't made up my mind yet

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back