Finding a good CCW attorney... BEFORE they are needed!

Neal

I am wondering if there is a resource on this site for finding an attorney familiar with CCW law. I checked the resources and did not find anything (but may have missed it). I read a good article from a FL attorney who suggested that the time to find a good lawyer is BEFORE you need him, and I am thinking that is a good idea.

Thanks,

Neal

At the last defense class I took they mentioned doing that too. My question though: Could that be construed as 'premeditated' if you do end up needing an attorney b/c you had to shoot someone?

At the last defense class I took they mentioned doing that too. My question though: Could that be construed as 'premeditated' if you do end up needing an attorney b/c you had to shoot someone?

I have not gone to an attorney yet. I have read enough by Massod Ayoob to find out that I better not pull that gun out unless my life is in IMMINENT danger, and I have NO OTHER ALTERNATIVE.

Now, in S.C., I have no duty to retreat if my life is in danger. If I lived in a State where you had to retreat if there was any way out ( to be decided by a jury and prosecutor in the court room six months later with all the time in the world to come to the decision) , I would have to be backed into a corner where I had ABSOLUTELY no escape route, before I pulled that gun out. Maybe I wouldn't even carry at all. The possibility of having a Judge and a jury debate the retreat chance in the security of the courtroom, versus my "at the scene, I've got to decide RIGHT NOW, split second choice" decision, would drive me crazy. That is an asinine law.

Check with your local/state gun advocacy group, in the Commonwealth of Virginia there is a group called Virginia Citizens Defense League that lists Gun Friendly Lawyers and Gun Unfriendly Businesses in the the state of Virginia on their website.

a Good CWP Attorney....

consider the Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network. Google it or link on my website.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back