Favorite concealed carry pistol?

Just carried my SR9C for the first time since last winter. Carried my LC9, XDS or Sig P238 for most of the spring, summer and fall. The extra bulk is comforting in a way. ;)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Depending on attire and what I am doing that day, I currently carry the Ruger LCR 357 (my fav), Smith & Wesson M&P Shield 40 with CT Laserguard, or a Ruger LCP with a Viridian green laser.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Anytime man, I don't see why more larger framed people don't carry a full size. Unless you prefer a compact model. To each their own I guess but I'm not a real big guy and I conceal 2 full size pistols like nothing. And now that winter time os here up in good old Iowa wearing 2 full sized guns in a breeze with a winter coat on. I also carry 2 spare mags for each gun plus I have the Samsung Note 2 and that's not small lol.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using USA Carry mobile app

Depends where U live. Don't know if a 380 would be all that effective in a climate where multiple layers
Of clothes are worn

It was my first time on here and hit the wrong comment. Wanted to respond to an individual in the norh that carries a 380

I've been carrying a Ruger SR40C. On occasionally I'll carry it with the 15+1 magazine....I think my next firearm might be a 4" barrel full size.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

A .45 hollowpoint has the largest diameter projectile of any popular pistol round. Under stress, I fear my accuracy might be as poor as NYPD, so I may need more than 7 or 8 rounds. Given those considerations, a full size .45 is my only option: Glock 21 or XDM-45, both with 13+1 rounds of .45ACP. Either are reasonably priced and reliable striker-fired guns, but I like the grip safety (as well as the more-obvious loaded chamber indicator and cocked striker indicator) on the XD/XDM, so that's what I carry all the time in an IWB holster.

A .45 hollowpoint has the largest diameter projectile of any popular pistol round. Under stress, I fear my accuracy might be as poor as NYPD, so I may need more than 7 or 8 rounds. Given those considerations, a full size .45 is my only option: Glock 21 or XDM-45, both with 13+1 rounds of .45ACP. Either are reasonably priced and reliable striker-fired guns, but I like the grip safety (as well as the more-obvious loaded chamber indicator and cocked striker indicator) on the XD/XDM, so that's what I carry all the time in an IWB holster.

I have the XDs .45 with 6+1 and one or two 7 rounds mag and I don't feel under gun, most time I only carry 7 round mag with 6+1 in the XDs. Practice, practice and more practice.

Most popular concealed handgun--as well as the most popular all-purpose handgun--in the U.S., is the Glock 19.......
Based on what?

For those of you who may be new here, there has been a sticky a sticky poll thread for most popular concealed carry guns for quite some time. You can go there and add your own votes.

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/conc...opular-concealed-carry-handgun-usa-carry.html

The Ruger LCP leads the pack as most popular on this site. The Glock 19 is number 2.

EDIT: I should also note that the poll allows you to vote for more than one gun if you carry different guns as I sometimes do. I usually carry a Glock 30, but I have several others that I may carry on certain occasions.

Based on what?

For those of you who may be new here, there has been a sticky a sticky poll thread for most popular concealed carry guns for quite some time. You can go there and add your own votes.

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/conc...opular-concealed-carry-handgun-usa-carry.html

The Ruger LCP leads the pack as most popular on this site. The Glock 19 is number 2.

EDIT: I should also note that the poll allows you to vote for more than one gun if you carry different guns as I sometimes do. I usually carry a Glock 30, but I have several others that I may carry on certain occasions.
I don't remember the source of the G19 popularity, but I do recall it seemed credible. I also recall a local radio show conducted interviews at the NRA convention this year, and one question they asked of the luminaries in attendance was their regular carry pistol. Just about every single one named the G19.

Sent using Link Removed...so please excuse the typos!

I don't remember the source of the G19 popularity, but I do recall it seemed credible. I also recall a local radio show conducted interviews at the NRA convention this year, and one question they asked of the luminaries in attendance was their regular carry pistol. Just about every single one named the G19.
I'm not sure I'd consider convention luminaries to be indicative of the populace at large. It's possible that your original source was pre-LCP days, or maybe the membership here is overly pro-LCP. I own numerous Glocks and carry one myself, though not a G19, so I don't doubt the popularity of the G19. I was just curious of the source.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back