Everyones help needed

rlkraatz

Rich
HI:
I need all the people we can get to get the word out.

The AR-15 rife is getting the wrong name. The AR-15 is not an Assult Rifle. The AR-15 is not any different than any other semi-automatic hunting rifle.

The news media is having a field day with the term assult rifle. They also refer the 223 round as the most powerful round in the world, which is not true.

When ever you refer to a AR-15 use the term "AR-15 NON ASSULT WEAPON"

I don't know about the "most powerful round in the world" thing but I do recall watching a news report following the theater shooting in which the idiot claimed "People don't even hunt with this gun because if they did there'd be nothing left!" People don't hunt (for the most part) with this round because it's considered inadequate for game the size of deer or larger. I wish I could get out there and spread the word better but I'm not the one with the money controlling the press.

If you haven't already been doing this, you missed the boat years ago. But we can use all the help we can get.

Personally, I've been explaining the difference between an "Assault" rifle and a semi-auto AR-15 since the first news bozo used the word to describe an AR-15. Most people couldn't care less and the Libs won't change their minds no matter how had you try.

When I write "assult" instead of "assault" it has a little red squiggly line under it. If I use my mouse and "right-click" on that word with a red squiggly line under it, a list that comes up that suggests "assault" as being the correct spelling of the word I'm after. If I then click on that word it replaces the one I've misspelt in the text.

When I write "assult" instead of "assault" it has a little red squiggly line under it. If I use my mouse and "right-click" on that word with a red squiggly line under it, a list that comes up that suggests "assault" as being the correct spelling of the word I'm after. If I then click on that word it replaces the one I've misspelt in the text.

:yes4: Yeppers! That be the way, alright.

So you think spelling is more important then the topic. It's no wonder why we can't get ahead in our fight, we are to busy bullying each other.

So you think spelling is more important then the topic. It's no wonder why we can't get ahead in our fight, we are to busy bullying each other.

Well actually, yes, I think you are right. I think that much of it boils down to a breakdown in communication, and spelling plays an important part in that. As does using incorrect terminology like "clip".

If you have a professional, polished presenter putting forward a case it will go a great way toward advancing that case. On the other hand if your communication skills are not the best, people will get bogged down in the poor presentation and ignore the message.

I apologize if I sounded like I was bullying. I was trying to get the message across in the kindest way I could. I realize now that it could be taken another way. (Poor communication skills on my part.)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Just so you know, the "AR" in ar15 stands for Armalite Rifle. It is the name of the manufacturer of the weapon, one of them at least. Seems the name just stuck as a general moniker for all "15's".

Also, the .223 round is a .22caliber round with bullet weights around, what 30, 40, 50(?) grains? It's a high velocity round.
My 9mm shoots heavier bullets. Common weight for a .45 caliber round is 230 grains.

Jut keeping things in perspective, I hope. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong on any of this!

Here is a visual aid to assist in the definition of "The Assault Rifle".

Link Removed

Same rifle and caliber, just different cosmetics.

Link Removed

This is to clear up the terms "Clip" and "Magazine".

A much better message is to convince people that the goal is the elimination of all weapons, not just weapons of a particular style. Non-gun owners, and the vast majority of gun owners, could not care less about "assault rifles", the fact that they are only cosmetically different from hunting rifles, or the fact that it takes only seconds to replace a smaller-capacity magazine.

The fact that a relatively small number of people care about or own "assault rifles" is the very reason they have been targeted for over 20 years as the weapon to ban. Banning a black semi-automatic rifle first makes it much easier later to ban a black semi-automatic pistol. Banning a rifle with a high-capacity magazine first makes it much easier to later ban a pistol with a high-capacity magazine. (to a non-gun owner, a pistol that will hold 16 rounds is just as unnecessary as a rifle that will hold 30 rounds....sad but true)

I realize that this is a hard thing for Americans to swallow. That the people they elect want to enslave them. The truth hurts. I have been trying to teach people this for nearly 30 years. Most don't want to hear it, even if have feelings that are trying to tell them what is actually happening.

I would imagine that fewer than 10% of the 44,701 members of this forum actually believe in their heart that the goal of the American left is to ban nearly all guns and have strict control over the rest. If you can't convince gun owners who carry/are interested in carrying, how will you convince the general public?

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back