Double Action Revolvers - Included In "Semi-Automatic" Weapons Ban?

mistergus75

When we hear discussion of a ban on "semi-automatic" handguns, most of us think of Glocks. Sigs, Springfield XD's, etc.. And generally, we don't think of our revolvers as being part of that. But maybe we should.

After all...

1. One bullet per trigger pull, just like "semi-automatics".
2. Automatic feed of next round, just like "semi-automatics".
3. Some revolvers hold more rounds than some "semi-automatics".

So, why wouldn't double-action revolvers be defined as semi-automatic?

Once a ban on semi-automatics is enacted, there is no limit to how broadly it may be applied. We already see how they misuse terms like automatic, semi-automatic, assault rifle, etc., in the current debate.

For liberals, words have no real meaning, other than what they want at the moment. And once any form of "gun control" is enacted, they'll use it in ways we don't even want to think about.

We had better fight these people.

Back to muzzle loaders everybody. But then even a muzzle loader fires (usually) one round with each trigger pull.

Any law that restricts my right to purchase any weapon of my choice is unConstitutional. The primary purpose of the 2nd Amendment is to allow the citizens to protect themselves from the government!

If they get one type of weapon away from us, they will move on to another type of weapon....It's all about CONTROL.

Double Action Revolvers - Included In "Semi-Automatic" Weapons Ban?

The very people with this agenda have no idea what you are talking about. They don't have a clue between automatic & semi-automatic. Add single action and double action then you have upped the ante on this witch hunt. They don't understand one trigger pull for one bullet discharge.
They are not willing to study it or to come to the table with an open mind willing to listen to proven facts.
Someone has told them something and they are running with it. If Joe Blow says it's so then no way can he be wrong.
Once again our country is divided.

I'm new to these forums and to handguns in particular having only been issued M16's / AR15's in the military, what exactly is the difference between double action and single action pistols?

The very people with this agenda have no idea what you are talking about. They don't have a clue between automatic & semi-automatic. Add single action and double action then you have upped the ante on this witch hunt. They don't understand one trigger pull for one bullet discharge.
They are not willing to study it or to come to the table with an open mind willing to listen to proven facts.
Someone has told them something and they are running with it. If Joe Blow says it's so, then no way can he be wrong.
Once again our country is divided.

Lord I guess I'll date myself....I recall the days we only carried Double Action Revolvers and Speed Loaders while in LEO...I became proficient with speed loaders...It was like pulling teeth to get me to trust and carry a Glock when everyone was switching over....I carried a small frame 357 in an ankle holster for years due to my trust issue...

Thank goodness I kept my Pythons and speed loaders!

Lord help us Joe "The Village Idiot" Biden!

"I'm new to these forums and to handguns in particular having only been issued M16's / AR15's in the military, what exactly is the difference between double action and single action pistols?"

A double action revolver allows you to cock the hammer and rotate the cylinder by pulling the trigger. A single action revolver requires you to cock the hammer for each shot.

I'm new to these forums and to handguns in particular having only been issued M16's / AR15's in the military, what exactly is the difference between double action and single action pistols?

One way to think of it is, with a SA, the trigger does a SINGLE job. It releases the hammer. With a DA, the squeeze of the trigger does two (DOUBLE) things. It brings the hammer back and releases it.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back