Doom 'n Gloom

I save pennys they melt down . Silver and gold too but I'm not worr ied about vampires.
The trick is not to melt them down, but to use them as recognizable values of currency...know values to use as mediums of trade. That's what gold coins are good for and, for smaller transactions, "junk" silver coins...pre-1963 silver dimes, quarters and half-dollars that everybody knows what's in 'em and what they're worth. With them, you can begin your negotiations for other goods and services.

You guys are a hoot!

From my mother--a depression era child--a depression era saying.
Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or due with out!

Ishi--For the doom and gloom: It is the God given right of every red blooded American to be in debt up to their eye-balls and not think about tomorrow until the car is reposesed, the kid's college tuition can't be paid and the house is in foreclosure. This might be funny except that it is also the idealogy of the US Government. Borrow, borrow, and borrow and leave the worrying to the next administration/next congress. Jimmy Cartier had one good idea in his term and that was energy conservation, oh wait we're just starting to come back to that idea since the oil producing nations are really starting to put the hammer to us and it's our own fault. Our manufacturing base has been effectively neutered and we are increasingly migrating towards a services based economy--yeah we'll all be serving each other french fries--I mean freedom fries.

KWO--Cool avatar

Thank you, our family crest. If I had a credit card with all the names of my subjects on it ,I would spend -spend party. The moral fiber of the person is more imporant than it's Pol.Party.

Thank you, our family crest. If I had a credit card with all the names of my subjects on it ,I would spend -spend party. The moral fiber of the person is more imporant than it's Pol.Party.

kwo, your posts are like... I don't know, some terse little book of philosophical aphorisms.

The first time I read it, it's incomprehensible gibberish. The second time, I begin to think it has a meaning, and the third time, I get it.

:eek:

Well don't let my dyslexic little brain fool you. I can BS with best of them. If you can't dazzile them with brillance baffel them with BS.

The Founding Fathers noted that the average lifespan of democracies is about 200 years. When the sheeple notice that they can vote for themselves the largess of the communal trough economic collapse is not far off, followed by dictatorship. For an interesting take on macro-economics do a Google search on Kondratieff. It looks like the next downward part of the cycle is occurring or will soon.

I think whiskey and toilet paper will be good trade goods, as will ammunition and anything that goes bang. Maybe stocking up on Hi-Points as speculative investments would be a good idea. When social order is no longer to be depended on the people who hated guns when they were readily available will be willing to pay anything for one, and they won't know a Hi-Point from a Korth.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back