Donating Toys For Christmas

Who here is doing it? I know I am:biggrin:I'm gettng an Urge to do something nice for a needy child again. Earlier this year I bought $120 worth of School Supplies for a child. There's several reasons for doing it but I guess I do it just to feel "normal".

My local Moose Lodge donates 25 turkeys to Angel of Mercy food bank each Thanksgiving. We also do a Toy Drive for Christmas. We collect toys and give them to the local Fire Dept. to distribute. They know which families are in need.

In South Carolina, if you donate a dear carcass to a food bank, you can take a tax deduction on your state income tax return. In several states there is a program called "Hunters feeding the Hungary". You don't, and won't see PETA and the rest of the animal reichs activists donating food to food banks durring hunting season.

I know a guy that donates several Deer during the Hunting Season. Seems like every Season he gets 10-12 Deer. Most of which are processed and donated to Food Banks.

That gives me an idea for next year. I'll find out what the usual foods are at a Thanksgiving Dinner, buy the items as a package and find a needy Family that'll accept them. That should be a good $100+ out of my check but it's for a good cause.

I used to until a certain organization turned down a bunch of Jesus dolls for fear of offending people. How the hell you OFFEND people on the birthday of Jesus by giving gifts of dolls in his image I can't figure out. It's taken me a while to get back into the spirit after that. When I used to make a lot of money I donated to a lot of things. It really gives you a good feeling. I'd like to feel it again. Maybe this is the year.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back