Dog in the hospital

lukem

Administrator
Staff member
So I had to bring one of our dogs to the hospital last night, a 10 year old Labrador Retriever. She got really lethargic and noticed some swelling in her abdomen. After a bunch of tests it wound up being internal bleeding. She had to have a blood transfusion overnight which sounds like it went well. Now we're just waiting around for some other test and an ultrasound to find out what the problem is and then probably go into surgery. Guess its all part of being a pet owner but man does this suck. And I just can't stand the waiting part. I"m sure a few of you here have been through it before but this is my first pet to pass. She's one I "adopted" when my wife and I moved in together as she was her's. I have my own two that are only about 3 years old.

I hope everything works out for you and your doggie. There is nothing that makes my wife and I more anxious than one of our menagerie (dogs, cats, horses) being sick or injured. Good luck.

I hope that everything will turn out for the better in the end. Keep us posted as to how she is doing.

Good luck, Luke. I lost my oldest (at 18!) dog last summer. During that same period, I was taking my youngest (2yr old) dog back-and-forth to Shands, looking into issues which we now know are part of a rare liver disease. It was exhausting.

Best Wishes,

Well unfortunately we had to put her down earlier today. She has cancer in her spleen and liver s9 there was nothing they could do. We are at home taking it easy with our other two dogs now. Man this sux.

i'm sorry to hear Luke... hold the other 2 a little tighter now... feels like loosing a child...Link Removed

i am so sorry about your dog. i have been a dog lover all my life and have considered my dogs not only friends but part of the family. some may think its corny but i honestly believe that there is a heaven and when we get there we will find our dogs waiting for us. i am not just saying this i do believe it. here is a poem by edwin arnold; farewell master, yet not farewell where i go, ye too shall dwell i am gone,before your face a moments time,a little space when ye come where i have stepped ye will wonder why ye wept my heart felt sympathies, santa

Sorry to hear of your loss. It's hard but remember she saw you and your wife for who you are, loving, caring people. Remember the times she shared that!

Im sorry for your loss, Its always hard to loose (a member) of the Family. I lost both of my Huskies with in one year. I have yet to get another .....afraid of the attachment thing .

Well unfortunately we had to put her down earlier today. She has cancer in her spleen and liver s9 there was nothing they could do. We are at home taking it easy with our other two dogs now. Man this sux.

Sorry to hear such sad news.

Sorry for your loss. She was a good lookin' kid. It's always hard to lose a four legged family member. Our thoughts are with you and her.

Man, sorry to hear things didn't work out better. Lost my first dog to cancer in much the same way. My condolences to you and your family for your loss.

I'm glad you have some nice photos to keep the good times in mind.

Luke,

My deepest sympathy to you and your wife. I've been blessed with dogs all my life and have had to endure the pain you're going through now way too many times. No words can really express it but here are a couple of my favorite quotes:

"If there are no dogs in Heaven,
then when I die I want to go
where they went."

Will Rogers

If I have any beliefs about immortality,
it is that certain dogs I have known will go to heaven,
and very, very few persons.
James Thurber

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. It was pretty hard walking my other two without her this morning.

I can feel you pain Luke. I've been a dog lover all my life and I've gone through it a couple times and it's never fun. Go out and find yourself another dog, not to fill the hole that's in your heart but to fill another space in your heart that has not been touched yet.

I`m sorry for your lose of your 4 footed friend. I`ve had to put down a few as well. It is never easy to do so. Four footed friends are the closest thing to an angel most people will meet. :cray:

I can feel you pain Luke. I've been a dog lover all my life and I've gone through it a couple times and it's never fun. Go out and find yourself another dog, not to fill the hole that's in your heart but to fill another space in your heart that has not been touched yet.

We will be when the time is right.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back