Does anybody reload Ni plated brass?

jcreek

And if so do you have any issues running it through your dies? I've got a bunch of PDX1 Ni plated brass that I've been hesitant to run through my dies.

I have never been able to tell any difference, with or without, Nickel plating over the past 30+ years of reloading.

Awesome thanks for the input. I have TiN dies but ill probably still lube em lightly to be safe.

It might feel tighter but i prefer nickel when buying new from midway. 38.357.44m-45.45-70. 223.30-30.30-06. 375 and 12ga.

Never had an issue. In the 1980's I did have issues with WW Ni that was failing in 38/357. Bad stuff but not wiht .45/9/40's. Love to follow this thread and see other imput.

I get small bits of nickel that come off in the sizing die and the Lee FCD and get racing stripes on my cases until I notice and clean out the dies.
If you want 'em, you can have 'em. I don't want 'em.

What?? Nickel plated cases are slicker than brass, but is brass underneath. They are great to load and is why they sell for a premium. My experience is that you won't get quite as many reloads in them before getting mouth splits, but I tend not to have to lube them either.

What?? Nickel plated cases are slicker than brass, but is brass underneath. They are great to load and is why they sell for a premium. My experience is that you won't get quite as many reloads in them before getting mouth splits, but I tend not to have to lube them either.

Humm. The Dillon Carbide dies I use do not shave and I do not lube. The only Ni, other than .38/.357 I have are .45 ACP.

You don't have to lube them, but it makes a noticeable difference effortwise. I don't have a problem with shaving.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back