Do You Carry While At Home?

Jeff S

JSGlock26
Just curious, how many of you actually carry your firearm when you are in your home? Eventhough I live in a quiet suburban neighborhood, I still always want to be prepared g-d forbid something ever happens. Am I unusual or do others do the same?

Home carry

Yes, I carry while at home. My wife thought I was weird till a home invasion happened a few miles away from us, now she likes it. My weapon is on my hip til bedtime. So you are not a rare person. Carry on my friend

All the time and everywhere except for when i'm sleeping.I think you'll find from the posts that your not alone or some gun toten nut,i think if your going to carry,then carry all the time.Crime doesn't take a break,why should you.

I always carry at home. With home invasions on the rise it wouldn't be smart not to.
The burglars these days don't seem to care if your home or not. They come in your home in groups of 3 or more most of the time. And I don't know about you but I can't take on 3 people at once.

Just curious, how many of you actually carry your firearm when you are in your home? Eventhough I live in a quiet suburban neighborhood, I still always want to be prepared g-d forbid something ever happens. Am I unusual or do others do the same?

Not carrying right this minute. (sitting here in PJ's) but it with in 3 steps of me.

No! You're no unusual. I carry at home all the time and I too live in a "quiet" suburban neighborhood. Being prepared for whatever comes is the reason for me carrying at home. After all, it is called a "home" invasion, right?

Short answer....

Yes.

We have had an upswing in crime in our area. Although it has not necessarily been of a violent sort, I remain prepared. My wife isn't thrilled with the idea, but she understands; in fact, it is only a matter of time before I have her in a CPL class as well! She does know how to shoot!

The only time I don't carry at home is when I'm taking my shower. All other times there is a pistol on my hip. In bed it is within arms reach. Yes, I practice rolling out of bed and grabbing both the pistol and the flashlight. I also live is a quiet area but would hate to be unprepared to help some criminal on his path to his final reward.

YMOS,
Tony

Up swing in crime in the area seems to be more and more common. It has happened in our area also. We are in a quiet area with half middle aged, and half retired folks. The retired group seems to be the target. Guess they thik we are rich or loaded with prescription drugs.

I don't carry in the house, however, the LCP is 2' away and the 9mm is close to the front door. Doors and windows are on alarms. Outside motion lights and cameras, I have had both for many years as I do a lot of work on the computer and we are Snowbirds and I can monitor the house from Yuma.

If you mean while in the house, then no not often. I live out in the sticks and anyone coming here would be obvious. There are numerous firearms in and about the house ready to use(mostly for varmints). When I go outside to work, do chores, or just checking things out I seldom go w/o my trusty Ruger 22 pistol. This time of year(deer season) I might bump that up to a magnum revolver. The ATV is always equipped with a centerfire rifle of some sort for the occasional coyote.
Going off the farm always carry concealed.

Yes I do. Well when I'm on the couch it's in a Desantis Nemesis holster in the console of the couch. If I let the dog out in the back yard ( not fenced in backed up to a canal and very dark) I keep it in the Nemesis. Only when I go out does it go in my IWB holster.

I carry mine from the time i wake up, till the time i go to bed, home and everywhere else, only time it isnt connected to me is when im in the shower...

Carry on my friend !

Always one on my side or one in my pocket unless I'm in the shower and within reach when I'm sleeping at home or away. My instructor told me if you plan on carrying do it 100% or not at all, needing it and not having it will be hard to live with. As a retired chief of police he had seen it happen before.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back