DIY Camo Dip Kit

got any pics? would love to see

This was my first attempt and was going for kinda a digital tiger strip look. Learned a lot for the next one.

HPIM0574.jpg

HPIM0573.jpg

HPIM0575.jpg

few thoughts
what it cost...
How durable is it and...
You can do almost as well with a couple of cans of spray paint and some local vegatation....

I think you did a great job - how did you get that effect?

I went out and bought a roll of contact paper, graph paper, and Krylon spray paint. I used Krylon cause I knew I could clean it off fairly easy if I didn't like how it turned out. I taped the graph paper to the contact paper and cut out my templates. Stuck them on and painted.

This is the same durability as the large companies - just a smaller at home kit. Same materials and chemicals are used.

well it looks really good - good job - I would probably take the lazy way out and get a camo dip kit that is in the millitary camo - yours had to take quite a while to do....

I've seen guns dipped, but I prefer paint. Here's a free program I wrote that helps you pick the appropriate colors for your specified environment:

CamoPicker

Here is another good site...

Link Removed

They offer camo dip kits in brand name patterns like Realtree, Mossy Oak, and Muddy Girl

This is the same durability as the large companies - just a smaller at home kit. Same materials and chemicals are used.

Even with the same chemicals and materials, there is something about professionally-done finishes that are hard to match. With that said, it is definitely possible, so if you think you have the skills that's great. Thanks for sharing!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back