Disney world carry

Hundreds of people that are defenseless. A mess. Nowhere I'd rather have a gun. Me and an LCP would go through the gate.

What would be the chances of being able to get a clean shot at a criminal anyway, without endangering a whole lot of innocent bystanders?

Hundreds of people that are defenseless. A mess. Nowhere I'd rather have a gun. Me and an LCP would go through the gate.

Can I ask a question? Would CCWs have helped the victims inside the World Trade Center on 9/11?

Not a matter of safety, it is a matter of the 2nd amendment!

I can totally agree with this. But, in reality....while it is absolutely true that terrorists and criminals can and will attack anywhere at anytime...in a situation such as Disney World (or the World Trade Center) the chances of actually being able to "safely" use your gun to do something about the attack are incredibly small compared to the standard places of criminal attacks such as parking lots and driveways. Does a .380 in a pocket in a place such as Disney World really serve any practical purpose other than provide a warm and fuzzy feeling for the person carrying it?

What about the Disney resort areas? Are the actual parks the only place off limits? Does Florida have the Castle Doctrine? Is Florida a stand your ground state?

What about the Disney resort areas? Are the actual parks the only place off limits? Does Florida have the Castle Doctrine? Is Florida a stand your ground state?

Florida is a SYG state...for now at least. The Zimmerman case has lead to a committee that is reviewing the law I believe.

As far as Disney I don't remember seeing no gun signs at the resorts when we stayed there in October, but then again I didn't look for them. When we were in the park I didn't carry. We stayed at the new Art Of Animation area. They do have programmable safes where I kept my pistols while we were in the room.

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that Disney probably doesn't want guns anywhere on their property, even if they don't say it outright. There are so many people there from so many different cultures that if there were an openly pro-gun attitude it would likely freak many out. Disney doesn't want panic. They probably just accept the fact that there's no way to completely eliminate weapons on their property. The fact that they have all your personal info in case you do act out probably helps the powers that be feel better. That's just my $.02 worth.

Florida is a SYG state...for now at least. The Zimmerman case has lead to a committee that is reviewing the law I believe.

As far as Disney I don't remember seeing no gun signs at the resorts when we stayed there in October, but then again I didn't look for them. When we were in the park I didn't carry. We stayed at the new Art Of Animation area. They do have programmable safes where I kept my pistols while we were in the room.

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that Disney probably doesn't want guns anywhere on their property, even if they don't say it outright. There are so many people there from so many different cultures that if there were an openly pro-gun attitude it would likely freak many out. Disney doesn't want panic. They probably just accept the fact that there's no way to completely eliminate weapons on their property. The fact that they have all your personal info in case you do act out probably helps the powers that be feel better. That's just my $.02 worth.

Thank you. Anyone else have $.02?

theoretically the WDW area, theme parks, shopping areas and hotels are legal to carry in but like any private property owner they can ask you to leave if they spot your weapon and you must comply or face arrest. as for SYG, like any law it is subject to interpretation, if you ever had to use your weapon in FLA you'd better be damned certain that you were in fear of losing your life or you too can visit the jails and courts in our fine state. In other words yes it is a SYG state but that doesn't convey blanket immunity to you if you shoot someone.

I've carried at the Orlando parks, though I don't every time. It's no big deal but it's easier for me because I have a handicap scooter so they don't search the bags on it. Even if they did the gun was on me anyway. One thing to consider if you carry there is the possibility of the gun coming out on a ride. Some of them go upside down and/or pull significant Gs, so your gun better be very secure. There are no checks at the resort hotels, or at least there never have been when we've visited before. We have three timeshare condos in Lake Buena Vista that border Disney property, so we've been down there many times. We're going again in March.

Can I ask a question? Would CCWs have helped the victims inside the World Trade Center on 9/11?
No, but a few CCWs with Glazer ammo could have made a WORLD of difference on the airplanes - even if a couple of innocent passengers were injured or killed in the process...

Don't carry in the park. Do carry outside the park. Orlando, esp. at night, is no safer than any other big city. The park is probably the safest place on earth.

Take comfort from the odds which are heavily in your favor. It's highly unlikely a perp would choose Disney as the site of his mayhem when there are so many easier places with crowds to get to with more and heavier weapons, and Disney is a trap with no escape for the perp.

You will never be more than twenty feet away from twenty other people. Even if someone started shooting, the likelihood that it would be in your kingdom and in your twenty feet is negligible. And if it were, how would a firearm help you? If you shot back, you would just hit bystanders. Do you truly want to save yourself by killing kids? Better just to run with the crowd away from the gunshots. But it will never happen. Don't worry; be happy.

Having a home in the Orlando area we visit the parks a few times a year. Your firearm will not do you any good in the parks leave it at the hotel. With wall to wall people you would find it hard to get a clear shot and only hit the bad guys. Disney has a good security team and cameras all over the parks. Many many many years ago when I was working for a company building EPCOT site we had security come to the office. They showed us a picture of one of our employees and asked us to take them to this person. The person was stealing wood at night and they had great pictures showing him cutting the wood and loading his truck. He was removed from the site and arrested by Disney security.

Don't carry in the park. Do carry outside the park. Orlando, esp. at night, is no safer than any other big city. The park is probably the safest place on earth.
Based on what?
Take comfort from the odds which are heavily in your favor. It's highly unlikely a perp would choose Disney as the site of his mayhem when there are so many easier places with crowds to get to with more and heavier weapons, and Disney is a trap with no escape for the perp.
Most mass shooters aren't that concerned with escape. They intend to go down in a blaze of glory. But if you do a little research, you'll find it's quite easy to escape from Disney World. You see, once you've shot a dozen people, you don't have to worry about those pesky little ropes and signs that say, "Cast Members Only". Look at some overhead shots. Avenues for escape are everywhere.
You will never be more than twenty feet away from twenty other people. Even if someone started shooting, the likelihood that it would be in your kingdom and in your twenty feet is negligible. And if it were, how would a firearm help you? If you shot back, you would just hit bystanders. Do you truly want to save yourself by killing kids? Better just to run with the crowd away from the gunshots. But it will never happen. Don't worry; be happy.
Right out of the Brady Campaign brochure. Take a look at a few crowd videos where somebody fires a gun or where some other sudden and dangerous event occurs without warning. It's incredible how fast a seemingly impenetrable crowd can part and scatter in seconds. It can and does happen.
I'm not advocating that people carry at Disney World. Personally I usually don't and probably won't again. But the contention that there couldn't be any danger, or that a CCW holder couldn't possibly help if there was, is a load of bovine excrement.

OK. So I'm gonna go. Carry concealed except when I'm in the parks. I'll leave it in my car/room when I go to the parks. This idea good?

LMAO, if there's a terrorist attack, what is your LCP going to do for you? Don't get me wrong, I cc every day and have since 1971, but really?? Disney?? Ok, let me ask you this, are you there with your kids in school with your LCP? What color is the sky in your world?

There is no place in the park where you are not in the midst of hundreds of people, and no place where a perp could hope to escape afterwards. Only a deranged, suicidal perp would choose such a place, and such a person is unlikely to spend the hundred bucks to get in there.

What? Are you expecting deranged individuals to be poor, miserly, or logical? That's ridiculous.

It's easy to (legally, btw) carry in the park, so just imagine how easily a crazy person could bring in (insert crazy menacing destructive threat here).

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back