disapointed with the N R A

barrygray0

I just got my N R A hat and was I set back when the tiny little label said "MADE IN CHINA"
WHAT HAPPENED TO "BY AMERICAN"

I just got my N R A hat and was I set back when the tiny little label said "MADE IN CHINA"

Maybe it got changed to "Bye American."
_shrug__or__dunno__by_crula.gif

my American Legion knife was the same way...came to me in a box w/ the "Made in China" covered up by a sticker for the branch I was in.

Then put a little note in with your donation...

"Thanks, but keep the little incentive trinket, and put those monies towards preserving our 2nd amendment rights."

... But wait !!! if you call in the next 10 minutes..... sheesh.... :rolleyes:

Then put a little note in with your donation...

"Thanks, but keep the little incentive trinket, and put those monies towards preserving our 2nd amendment rights."

... But wait !!! if you call in the next 10 minutes..... sheesh.... :rolleyes:

The last time I renewed my membership there was a box that could be checked to eliminate shipment of any incentives offered to join or renew.
~
You really have to consider what you objective is for joining, if it is for the incentives you get what you get. This isn't Publishers Clearing House Sweepstakes you aren't getting something for nothing. You want a quality hat go buy your own and have it embroidered with the NRA logo, they can do that for you.

The last time I renewed my membership there was a box that could be checked to eliminate shipment of any incentives offered to join or renew.
~
You really have to consider what you objective is for joining, if it is for the incentives you get what you get. This isn't Publishers Clearing House Sweepstakes you aren't getting something for nothing. You want a quality hat go buy your own and have it embroidered with the NRA logo, they can do that for you.
And if you're joining in hopes that they'll stand up for your 2nd amendment rights, ask all us happy folks here in SC how we feel about them right now :)

I get what the OP is saying. After all, this is America. And the NRA is fighting for an American right. I think the NRA should not give China any more $$$ to buy hats, and use that money instead for the cause. I work for a large retailer. After 9/11, American Flag sales went through the roof in this country. The store I worked for received a large shipment of flags, but after 2 weeks, sales were extremely poor. Price was good, flag was quality, size was good. So why the poor sales? A little tag on the flag: Made In CHINA. Customers were not buying an American flag that was made in China. We waited for a new shipment of flags that were BOLDLY tagged "Made In The U.S.A.", and we quickly sold out of every one of them. Yep, I get the OP.

I get what the OP is saying. After all, this is America. And the NRA is fighting for an American right. I think the NRA should not give China any more $$$ to buy hats, and use that money instead for the cause. I work for a large retailer. After 9/11, American Flag sales went through the roof in this country. The store I worked for received a large shipment of flags, but after 2 weeks, sales were extremely poor. Price was good, flag was quality, size was good. So why the poor sales? A little tag on the flag: Made In CHINA. Customers were not buying an American flag that was made in China. We waited for a new shipment of flags that were BOLDLY tagged "Made In The U.S.A.", and we quickly sold out of every one of them. Yep, I get the OP.
Isn't it ironic how patriotic when we get when things like that happen and yet how quickly we forget the first time we go through airport security and get ticked off because they don't let us walk right through without having to wait in the long line and go through all the scanners. How dare them!

I understand the "Made in the USA!" mentality to a degree, but I think it has also made a lot of people very oblivious and arrogant. 9/11, Katrina, and Sandy all combined still didn't hold a candle to the Haiti earthquake or the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami. Anybody spend more than a week or couple of days worrying about them? Nope...cause that would get in the way of Facebook time! It's no wonder our government is able to blatantly pull all this crap off right in front of our eyes without having to worry about accountability for their actions. We're too self consumed in our own lives to care.

My response is going to seem like an echo of many. I know of several people that refuse the monthly magazine and the rest of the incentives with membership because they'd rather the NRA not spend their resources on things like this. If you are upset with the hat, then you need to question why you joined the NRA in the first place. A good quality hat made in the US is probably going to run you retail around $25-$30. A cheaply made hat from China is probably going to run you retail around $10-$15. Where do you want your membership money to go to? Do you really want it to fund a really good hat in your collection or to fund the fight against firearms legislation?

When I signed up for lifetime membership, I told them to keep the leather jacket. That's a really nice jacket, but the money needed to fight for our 2A rights is more of a necessity then me looking stylish.

9/11, Katrina, and Sandy all combined still didn't hold a candle to the Haiti earthquake or the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami. Anybody spend more than a week or couple of days worrying about them?

Hundreds of thousands of volunteers spent millions of man-hours "worrying about it" after all three of those events. Did you?

Nope...cause that would get in the way of Facebook time!

Ah, you already answered my question. That's what I thought.

It's no wonder our government is able to blatantly pull all this crap off right in front of our eyes without having to worry about accountability for their actions. We're too self consumed in our own lives to care.

Total non-sequitur. People helping people during disasters such as 9/11, Katrina or Sandy has nothing to do with the economic forces driving manufacturing overseas, and much less than that to do with government being held accountable for things they should legitimately be held accountable for. When I volunteer to help, it's motivated first by my sense of obligation to help when/where I can, but aside from that, it's for the express purpose of demonstrating that government isn't necessary for most things in our *free* lives, and therefore, should not be "held accountable" for anything having to do with those things. The federal government, especially, should be keeping our tax dollars out of disaster relief. For the majority of the country's history, up until around the WW II era, that axiom was kept intact.

"The government of the United States is a definite government, confined to specified objects. It is not like state governments, whose powers are more general. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the government."
-- James Madison, speech in the House of Representatives, January 10, 1794

"I can find no warrant for such an appropriation in the Constitution, and I do not believe that the power and duty of the General Government ought to be extended to the relief of individual suffering which is in no manner properly related to the public service or benefit."
-- President Grover Cleveland vetoing a bill for charity relief (18 Congressional Record 1875 [1877]

"I cannot find any authority in the Constitution for public charity. [To approve the measure] would be contrary to the letter and spirit of the Constitution and subversive to the whole theory upon which the Union of these States is founded."
-- President Franklin Pierce's 1854 veto of a measure to help the mentally ill.

As offensive as I find the daily actions of the TSA, the functions they are chartered to perform are indeed within the federal government's purview - protecting the nation. Holding them accountable for the overreaches and constitutional violations in the way they do things is appropriate. Comparing any aspect of that accountability to disaster relief or whether or not items in the market-place are made here or overseas doesn't compute as related at all.

Blues

ETA: And there are many people who stand up to government (TSA) abuses on a very regular basis.

ETA x 2: As to the OP, of all the things I can think of to criticize the N R A about, where their hats are manufactured is so far off my radar that I seriously thought this thread was intended as comedic satire, though even then I thought it to be a most trivial issue to discuss. Such is the state of 2nd Amendment and/or constitutional advocacy I guess.

Hundreds of thousands of volunteers spent millions of man-hours "worrying about it" after all three of those events. Did you?

Ah, you already answered my question. That's what I thought.

Total non-sequitur. People helping people during disasters such as 9/11, Katrina or Sandy has nothing to do with the economic forces driving manufacturing overseas, and much less than that to do with government being held accountable for things they should legitimately be held accountable for. When I volunteer to help, it's motivated first by my sense of obligation to help when/where I can, but aside from that, it's for the express purpose of demonstrating that government isn't necessary for most things in our *free* lives, and therefore, should not be "held accountable" for anything having to do with those things. The federal government, especially, should be keeping our tax dollars out of disaster relief. For the majority of the country's history, up until around the WW II era, that axiom was kept intact.

"The government of the United States is a definite government, confined to specified objects. It is not like state governments, whose powers are more general. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the government."
-- James Madison, speech in the House of Representatives, January 10, 1794

"I can find no warrant for such an appropriation in the Constitution, and I do not believe that the power and duty of the General Government ought to be extended to the relief of individual suffering which is in no manner properly related to the public service or benefit."
-- President Grover Cleveland vetoing a bill for charity relief (18 Congressional Record 1875 [1877]

"I cannot find any authority in the Constitution for public charity. [To approve the measure] would be contrary to the letter and spirit of the Constitution and subversive to the whole theory upon which the Union of these States is founded."
-- President Franklin Pierce's 1854 veto of a measure to help the mentally ill.

As offensive as I find the daily actions of the TSA, the functions they are chartered to perform are indeed within the federal government's purview - protecting the nation. Holding them accountable for the overreaches and constitutional violations in the way they do things is appropriate. Comparing any aspect of that accountability to disaster relief or whether or not items in the market-place are made here or overseas doesn't compute as related at all.

Blues

ETA: And there are many people who stand up to government (TSA) abuses on a very regular basis.

ETA x 2: As to the OP, of all the things I can think of to criticize the N R A about, where their hats are manufactured is so far off my radar that I seriously thought this thread was intended as comedic satire, though even then I thought it to be a most trivial issue to discuss. Such is the state of 2nd Amendment and/or constitutional advocacy I guess.
I guess I am referring to my generation. Once upon a time, people did care about others and what our gov't was doing. Those people who are still around from that once upon a time are still that way. A very very small minority of my generation does the type things you were referring to. I guess I just think about during the "hippies" days when it was my generation who was very politically involved. Now they're just politically oblivious.

Sad fact we are faced with what something costs to make is important,and as we are facing more important is it's more important then the people in the USA making things. There is a American Flag Mfg. Company in Tulsa Oklahoma,Freedom Flag Company. all material the cloth thread the dye, and it's Mfg. All made in the USA.

Same thing that happened when they caved on the 86 Regan ban. The sad thing in life is most everybody will sell you out for a few bucks..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back