Delayed firearm?

jjessee1976

Ok I need good news. I went to get my beretta nano and of course they have to run my name. So after 10 minutes it's been delayed??? I have never done time but got charged with misdemeanor assault in 2000? Would this hurt my chances and can I get it expunged
Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I545 using USA Carry mobile app

I always get delayed and always have- even when I was working in gun shops. The delay varies from 15 minutes to the next day. It doesn't bother me. I know I haven't done anything wrong. It's just the Feebs playing with red tape.

And no, I don't put my SSN on the 4473. Never have, never will. I don't give that number out to anyone that I'm not required to by law. I even made sure that it's not listed on my driver's license (it's optional in my state).

Not my first purchase no. I have a Ruger 9mm.. And yes I did give my social it was on the paper and didn't see any harm not to.. I'm totally honest and have nothing to hide.. I filed paper work last Wednesday so tomorrow is a week.. I could understand not being able to get my carry permit but not to buy at all sucks... I'm in South Carolina
Thanks

Thanks. I like this site. Very helpful.. Yes he can but if he wants to. So still up in the air. And if I go somewhere else then it's gonna be the same waiting game.. 😕

Ok guys I talked to my gun dealer lastnight and I'm still on delay but as we know he can still sell me the gun.. So I'll have my Beretta nano Friday.. Only bad thing is if they send back a DENIED response I have to return the gun which is understandable.. Thanks

Not too likely that your ffl will release the beretta to you unless he is given a green light. Although he may be allowed by law he is under no obligation to do so. The dealer would risk the wrath of law enforcement although he would be within his rights to release the firearm to you. When was the last time you saw law enforcement or a government agency give a rats ass about any of your rights. The problem may rest with your assault charge...could the assault charge have been domestic violence?

I'm positive it was a misdemeanor assault. 15 years ago.. On my brother in law lol.
But my dad on the other hand has a couple domestic violence and dui?

So u think its his name they flagged and my little misdemeanor assault is ok?
I hope so.

So u think its his name they flagged and my little misdemeanor assault is ok?
I hope so.

I think there's a strong possibility that's the problem. Perhaps you could inquire as to whether or not there's a "Senior" suffix behind the name being investigated? What any of us thinks, nor what you hope, matters a wit. If they're investigating the wrong person, now would be a good time to alert them to the possibility that they're confusing your name with your dad's.

Blues

I think there's a strong possibility that's the problem. Perhaps you could inquire as to whether or not there's a "Senior" suffix behind the name being investigated? What any of us thinks, nor what you hope, matters a wit. If they're investigating the wrong person, now would be a good time to alert them to the possibility that they're confusing your name with your dad's.

Blues

Nothing can be done until a denial is received, except apply for a Unique Personal Identification Number - UPIN.

Ooops. I was wrong.
Link Removed

Who can request a NICS Appeal? Individuals who believe they have been erroneously denied or delayed a firearm transfer based on a match to a record returned by the NICS may request an appeal of their deny or delay decision. A delayed transaction will be purged from the NICS within 88 days from creation. The NICS Section recommends that you wait 30 days from the date initiating the check prior to filing an appeal on a delay to give the NICS Section’s staff time to complete the initial transaction. If your original background check is completed, the Federal Firearm Licensee will be notified with a final status.

I did not know you could appeal a delay.

Nothing can be done until a denial is received, except apply for a Unique Personal Identification Number - UPIN.

Ooops. I was wrong.
Link Removed
Who can request a NICS Appeal? Individuals who believe they have been erroneously denied or delayed a firearm transfer based on a match to a record returned by the NICS may request an appeal of their deny or delay decision. A delayed transaction will be purged from the NICS within 88 days from creation. The NICS Section recommends that you wait 30 days from the date initiating the check prior to filing an appeal on a delay to give the NICS Section’s staff time to complete the initial transaction. If your original background check is completed, the Federal Firearm Licensee will be notified with a final status.

I did not know you could appeal a delay.

The problem with doing as they suggest is that a form 4473 is only good for 30 days. A gun cannot be released on the same form after day 30. A new NICS check would have to be done on a new form 4473. Day 31 is a Denial even if it is approved that day.

Ok I got my beretta nano today however it was dark and I did not get to shoot it. I broke it down in about 10 min with a bullet casing. Over I like it so far. Weight seems good and size is manageable. I haven't tried concealing it yet. Will keep updated..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back