Deciding between Ruger LC9s, Ruger SC40 or Beretta PX4 Storm Sub Compact for conceal

Although I didn't intentionally look, I don't remember seeing the stamp when I took the gun apart to clean it. But again, what difference does +P ammunition make?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"+p" means more power behind the bullet.

"+p" is a designation assigned by the The Sporting Arms and Ammunition Manufacturers' Institute (S.A.A.M.I.). As with "magnum" it signifies an increased powder charge in the cartridge.

The benifit of these increased pressures is increased penitration and wond cavity, ie increased "stopping power".

Firing a "+p" or "magnum" round through a barrel *not* rated to endure that pressure can result in the gun literaly exploding in your hand. For semi-autos only the barrel need be rated to handle the increased pressure, so if you desire +p ammunition you would only need a +p or magnum rated barrel, not a whole new gun.

Practically speaking, +p and magnum rounds increas recoil, muzzle flash, and muzzle flip. While I encourage you to try them at least for the experience and sence of veriaty, whether you choose them as your carry amunition is purly up to what you feel most confident with.

For 9mm, +P means 10% more pressure. Instead of the standard 35,000 psi, the cartridge can develop up to 38,500 psi. The firearms manual typically states if a firearm is +P rated. Again, +P is an actual standard for 9mm, but not for all cartridges.

There is also +P+ for 9mm, which is non-standard. Loading +P+ for 9mm is reported to have 42,000 psi, i.e., an 18% increase over the 35,000 psi. It is only recommended if you really know what you are doing.

In general, +P means that a bullet will be faster given the same weight. Since defensive loads are typically developed around service barrel lengths, such as 4.5 inches, shorter barreled firearms generally launch bullets at slower speed. Using a +P round can offset some of the lost speed due to a shorter barrel.

I personally carry Federal Premium Tactical HST 9mm 147 Grain +P JHP in all my 9mm firearms. Ammunition Depot has them for $25 per 50-round box.

I honestly have never seen a +P stamped barrel.
What would you like me to do with that information?

Here is a Googled img of a +p stamp on a model of gun I own:
d4da7a6691d5fb409af9c808552e7423.jpg

What would you like me to do with that information?

I don't know. I merely posted the fact that I haven't seen a +P stamped barrel. All the handguns I have that are +P rated are Glocks. Glock doesn't stamp their barrels with +P, just 9x19.

I don't know. I merely posted the fact that I haven't seen a +P stamped barrel. All the handguns I have that are +P rated are Glocks. Glock doesn't stamp their barrels with +P, just 9x19.
I've never owned a Glock due to the terrible grip angle so I couldn't tell ya.

Funny how the civilians of the country who made Glock cannot own a Glock.

You got that part wrong. Glocks are originally from Austria, which is among the few "gun friendly" countries in Europe. I was in Austria just a year ago and a friend of mine who lives there told me that gun sales were through the roof due to the flood of refugees. We even went to the gun store where he buys his firearms and ammunition from. He owns several Glocks.

Here is a Googled img of a +p stamp on a model of gun I own:
d4da7a6691d5fb409af9c808552e7423.jpg

I think .38 Special +P is a special case anyway as I don't think that there are revolvers being sold that are in .38 Special only with no +P. So, yes I have seen a +P stamp before, just not on a semi-auto.

You got that part wrong. Glocks are originally from Austria, which is among the few "gun friendly" countries in Europe. I was in Austria just a year ago and a friend of mine who lives there told me that gun sales were through the roof due to the flood of refugees. We even went to the gun store where he buys his firearms and ammunition from. He owns several Glocks.
You may want to take a close look at those "gun sales" because Glock doesn't make a hunting rifle. Narrow youre reserch to who is actialy allowed to own *handguns*.

Sure Austria is a more gun friendly country of the EU, but given how anti-gun the EU is that's not saying much. New York is far more "gun friendly" than Austria yet is considered one of the most anti-gun states in the U.S.

I think .38 Special +P is a special case anyway as I don't think that there are revolvers being sold that are in .38 Special only with no +P. So, yes I have seen a +P stamp before, just not on a semi-auto.
"[http://www]Can I use +P ammunition in my Ruger LCP?[http://www]*
No. The Ruger LCP was not designed for use with +P ammunition. Given the LCP's light weight and compact design, the use of +P ammunition in this particular model may result in damage to the firearm or personal injury.
"

Ruger Frequently Asked Questions

You may want to take a close look at those "gun sales" because Glock doesn't make a hunting rifle. Narrow youre reserch to who is actialy allowed to own *handguns*.

Sure Austria is a more gun friendly country of the EU, but given how anti-gun the EU is that's not saying much. New York is far more "gun friendly" than Austria yet is considered one of the most anti-gun states in the U.S.

In Austria, semi-automatic handguns are Category B weapons, requiring a permit, being over 21 years old, and passing a psychological examination by a doctor of choice. Self defense is a valid reason for acquiring one or more handguns. The permit can be issued for sporting purposes, hunting or concealed carry.

The vast majority of guns being sold in Austria are bolt-action rifles and break-action shotguns as they are Class C weapons and do not require a permit, just registration after purchase.

Firearm sales in Austria are up 350% due to 'unease' over increasing number of migrants... months after dealers warned they had virtually sold out of shotguns

In summary, Austrians can own Glocks and even carry them concealed. The huge surge in gun sales last year was mostly shotguns.

Quite common with .380 ACP micro pistols. Same goes for my Taurus TCP 738, which is a safe queen now.
So first you've never seen a common "+p" stamp, which is like saying you've never seen a blue sky, and now you want to sidebar this thread into Austrian gun law.

No thanks.

Quite common with .380 ACP micro pistols. Same goes for my Taurus TCP 738, which is a safe queen now.

So first you've never seen a common "+p" stamp, which is like saying you've never seen a blue sky, and now you want to sidebar this thread into Austrian gun law.

Please re-read the thread. You stated the following nonsense:

As far as a +P stamp on a barrel, I was wrong with my statement as I assumes a semi-auto. I have never seen a +P stamp on a barrel of a semi-auto. Did you?

Also, you reply with a quote that has zero to do with your reply topic. What's up about that?

Please re-read the thread.
No.

Civilians cannot own handguns in Austria. The rare exceptions their law allows only proves the rule. One would have a better chance of getting a permit for New York City.

Your link was about shotguns and rifles.

So here is yet another thread you've **** on.

No.

Civilians cannot own handguns in Austria. The rare exceptions their law allows only proves the rule. One would have a better chance of getting a permit for New York City.

Are you certain that you are speaking of the same country?
Austria is in Germany and Australia is its own country.

In Australia, private firearms are severely restricted.
NOT in "Austria" Germany...

Just checking.

No.

:lol: Seems you are getting off on a tangent, because you simply know ****.

Yes, my link was about last year's buying spree in which many Austrians bought shotguns instead of handguns. Why? Because there is no license required. A background check is performed and the shotgun is registered upon purchase. Why did I post the link? Because I was talking about the buying spree.

For purchasing a handgun or semi-auto or pump-action rifle or shotgun, a license is required similar to NYS, stating the purpose (sporting, hunting or self defense). Anyone who is not mentally ill can purchase such a firearm. If self defense is given as a reason for a handgun, a carry permit is being issued (unlike the state of New Jersey).

See Link Removed for a more detailed description of the Austrian gun laws in English. Here are the Austrian weapons laws in German.

So, in contrast to your statement, civilians can and do own handguns in Austria. Handgun ownership is not based on 'exceptions'. Are there more hoops to go though than in the US? Yes, as a mental evaluation is required! Is handgun ownership as prevalent as in the US? No! For example, in the city of Vienna with 1.7 million citizens, Link Removed. Still, civilians can and do own handguns in Austria, such as my friend in Vienna. Here is the gun store we went to in Vienna: Schwandner Anton GesmbH, Paniglgasse 17A, 1040 Wien, Austria. They currently have a Glock 19 Gen 4 for 699 Euro.

As for ******** on a thread, it is you who is posting straight nonsense that is off topic.

Just checking.

Austria is not in Germany! Austria is its own country. It is located right next to Hungary and Slovenia, where the stream of refugees came in from Turkey (and Syria via Turkey) last year:

Link Removed

Austria and Australia are often confused, leading to this:

Link Removed

Just checking.
I'm not aware of any contry within the boarders of Germany.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back