Dec 21, 2012 AKA TEOTWAWKI

wild eyed willy

AAAHHH the good ole End of the world as we know it, certainly exciting stuff to be sure. If you listen or read, there are theories out there too numerous to mention, so many in fact that their shear number boggles the mind.

I decided to research this topic and I picked what I consider to be the most likely possibilities for TEOTW...

The most likely in MHO is the eruption of a super volcano, Yellowstone being the most worrisome to we Americans.... We know Yellowstone has erupted before and is over due to erupt again. We also know that pressure is building beneath the surface and it is just a matter of time until it blows the roof off. This event really would be TEOTWAWKI... Certainly our own USA wouldn't ever be the same again and the rest of the world would also be forever changed. The ash cloud would create the equivalent of a nuclear winter across the globe, affecting Plants dramatically which would reduce the populations of herbivores and intern carnivores, not to mention it's effects on temp. Climate/ weather, jet streams and ocean currents. I don't know if it could cause our extinction, but the world would truly be changed.

The next likely possibility IMHO is a massive tsunami. If a giant tsunami were to hit in the Atlantic Ocean, it would surly be a devastating event. So is there any possibility of this you might ask, well the short answer is yes... There are 3 possibilities for this event that I know of. The first would be the Marianas trench, it is where two of the tectonic plates meet in the Atlantic.. An Earth quake of substantial size there could have devastating effect on the coastlines of all nations involved. With no Tsunami warning system installed in the Atlantic, there may be little to no warning at all.

The next possible cause would be a land slide of epic proportions and again this is a real possibility. The western side of the mountains on the island of Lapalme off the coast of Africa is unstable. The mountain is actually a volcano rim and the coastal side of the mountain is made up of soil and rocks that are water permeable. The inland side is not. So it is possible for the water in the soil to become super heated from the volcano creating steam and pressure... We all know what pressure can do... If a large enough chunk of that mountain were to slide into the ocean fast enough, the resulting displacement of ocean water could create a Tsunami of gigantic proportion... It would be possible to see a resulting Tsunami wave to 5 or 6 thousand feet high speeding towards the US shores at or about 600 MPH.

The last Tsunami candidate would be an ocean impact from a meteorite or asteroid. The result would be dependant on it's size.. We have only to look at Japan to get an idea of how this could change the world as we know it...

The next likely concern I think would be Radiation from space, either from the sun spot activity (which is supposed to be highly active this coming cycle) or from a release of energy from the black hole which is also supposed to be part of the alignment of 2012.
I have not finished my research on this topic yet.....

And the last possibility I considered is an alien invasion. Now, no one knows for sure just when the Mayan Civilization started, supposable some time between 2000 BC and 250 AD. What we do know is that the civilization was most progressive between 300 AD to 900AD.. Approximately a 600 year span of time... At some point they conceived of a long count calendar which spans 5125 years. No one know for sure if the start date for the calendar was considered by the Mayans to be the start of mankind..(It is purely speculation).. The other problem is that no one is certain of the correlation between the Julian calendar the Mayans used and the Gregorian calendar we use today... The match dates are just an estimate which may be incorrect.. I have read estimates anywhere from 60 years off to 50 to 100 years off... (This is important because if the calendars are not matched up accurately, than the date of 12/21/2012 won't mean crap)
so where do the aliens fit in to this? (I’m getting to that, just be patient)

The start date in our calendar for the Mayan Long count calendar is 08/11/3114 BC. (Remember we don't know how accurate this is) But assuming our calendars are matched correctly, than the start date of the Mayan Calendar is before the Mayans existed... It has been theorized that it was the Aliens who taught the Mayans and helped to shape there civilization and gave them the start date for the calendar. It is also theorized that the aliens taught the Mayans where to end the calendar, at 5125 years into the future. It has also been said that the aliens told the Mayans of the end of times to come...

So here is my problem with that, When we humans plan something, it is for the foreseeable future, weeks, months, years possibly... I find it hard to believe the Aliens told the Mayans they were going to destroy the earth in about 5125 years.... Who plans that far in advance???? I don't think any of the Aliens would still be alive that long, I have to think they have a life expectancy near ours.... So I don't think the Aliens are coming to kick ass any time soon.... However if those little gray buggers do come a calling, I got some lead to share with them...

So, Is 12/21/2012 the end, I think not. After considerable research I don't think it means anything different than any other date.

Feel free to share your thoughts!!!!!!!!!!

post edited to correct spelling mistakes.....

Update: The artical I read about the current sunspot cycle having increased activity was false.. The experts are actually predicting a less active cycle for the current cycle 24... Notes: The sunspot cycle is an average length of 11 years, each two consecutive cycles show the magnetic polarity of the sunspots changing polarity giving the entire cycle a length of 22 years.
The last cycle was determined by the majority of experts to have ended in 2008. So what does this all mean, well it means you can't beleive everything you read on the internet.... There will likely not be an increase of radiation from the sun to scorch the earths surface like the artical I read said, so cross this doomsday scenario off of your list of 2012 concerns.....

Yes Aliens, if you watch the show on TV with the Ancient alien theoriest, they claim to beleive that Ancient Aliens have influnced mankind many times in the past... They beleive the Mayans may have been trying to warn us of the erradication of the human race by the aliens in 2012... (( this was one of the general ideas being delivered by the show))

Since we can neither prove or disprove the existance of Aliens, or their possible agendas I decided to add this scenero to my research as a wild card spot.... Seriously, regaurdles of how unlikely the possibility, it could happen....

I personally don't agree with this particular idea, however if you watch the show, they do give some interesting arguments for the existance of Aliens and their possible interactions with mankind in earlier years.

So even though an allien invasion planned 5 thousand years earlier is in my estimation an unlikely event, I decided to include it in my work... Mostly for your enjoyment...LOL

I was unclear if aliens was what you were refering to, Due to your choice of spelling, And while we are on the subject, I am still on the fence when aliens are the subject. It is very hard to say definatively they exist since the general population has never seen one. I am aware of ancient drawings that depict alien forms of life. I would LOVE to have a sighting of my own so I could understand what it is that people are so worked up about! Anybody here had a sighting? And I mean 100% positive!!

I was unclear if aliens was what you were refering to, Due to your choice of spelling, And while we are on the subject, I am still on the fence when aliens are the subject. It is very hard to say definatively they exist since the general population has never seen one. I am aware of ancient drawings that depict alien forms of life. I would LOVE to have a sighting of my own so I could understand what it is that people are so worked up about! Anybody here had a sighting? And I mean 100% positive!!
Sorry about that, I can't spell to save my life.... With no spell check on here I an doomed to make mistakes.... LOL...

I feel the same as you on the Alien subject, I would love to see one with my own eyes ( a happy neighborly one, with no plans for my destruction).... While I was in the navy I worked as a radar man on an aircraft carrier. One evenning while on watch I along with many other operators tracked an object for some time as it flew in at an amazing rate of speed. It came straight in on the same bearing untill it was over the ship and then it left the same way it had come. The lookouts never put eyes on it. The entire team in CIC witnessed the event and it was reported as an unidentified contact. That is the closest I have been to an Alien encounter....

It is much more fun and healthier to enjoy your life and not worry when your life or the world will end. I can't wait till 2013 so all the idiots can stop worrying about nothing.

AAAHHH the good ole End of the world as we know it, certainly exciting stuff to be sure. If you listen or read, there are theories out there too numerous to mention, so many infact that their shear number boggles the mind.

I decided to research this topic and I picked what I consider to be the most likely possibilities for TEOTW...

Feel free to share your thoughts!!!!!!!!!!
Those who reject the truth can only believe a lie. Only those who don't believe the word of God burden themselves with "theories" and "possibilities" concerning the end of the world as we know it.

Those who reject the truth can only believe a lie. Only those who don't believe the word of God burden themselves with "theories" and "possibilities" concerning the end of the world as we know it.
Thats not exactly true... I have always been taught that god helps those who help themselves.. Why should we leave our own survival in gods hands? doesn't he have enough to do running the galaxy? If a minimum amount of research and some common sense are all that is needed to discern fact from fiction, than we should do it ourselves... After all isn't god the one who gave us the ability to think? So I ask you, why do you think god gave you that brain? I don't think he gave it to you to help fill up the empty space in your noggen.... If I have learned one thing in this life, it is that god doesn't micro manage... Leaving your future in gods hands is a waste of the tallent he gave you and you deserve whatever fate awates you. Think about it like this, if god managed every little detail in our lives than he would surley make the wrongs right for everyone... Thats not how it works, god gave us the ability to reason and think, he gave us the ability to make our own choices... He gave us those tallents for a reason... I suggest you use yours......

Yes Aliens, if you watch the show on TV with the Ancient alien theoriest, they claim to beleive that Ancient Aliens have influnced mankind many times in the past... They beleive the Mayans may have been trying to warn us of the erradication of the human race by the aliens in 2012... (( this was one of the general ideas being delivered by the show))

Since we can neither prove or disprove the existance of Aliens, or their possible agendas I decided to add this scenero to my research as a wild card spot.... Seriously, regaurdles of how unlikely the possibility, it could happen....

I personally don't agree with this particular idea, however if you watch the show, they do give some interesting arguments for the existance of Aliens and their possible interactions with mankind in earlier years.

So even though an allien invasion planned 5 thousand years earlier is in my estimation an unlikely event, I decided to include it in my work... Mostly for your enjoyment...LOL

Your over thinking it. The Aliens could have came and warned early man of something they did that in 5125 years would collide with earth and cause mass extinction. For I don't think they would come and warn mankind if they planed to come back and invade earth.

But at lest we agree it is an unlikely event.

Thats not exactly true... I have always been taught that god helps those who help themselves.. Why should we leave our own survival in gods hands? doesn't he have enough to do running the galaxy? If a minimum amount of research and some common sense are all that is needed to discern fact from fiction, than we should do it ourselves... After all isn't god the one who gave us the ability to think? So I ask you, why do you think god gave you that brain? I don't think he gave it to you to help fill up the empty space in your noggen.... If I have learned one thing in this life, it is that god doesn't micro manage... Leaving your future in gods hands is a waste of the tallent he gave you and you deserve whatever fate awates you. Think about it like this, if god managed every little detail in our lives than he would surley make the wrongs right for everyone... Thats not how it works, god gave us the ability to reason and think, he gave us the ability to make our own choices... He gave us those tallents for a reason... I suggest you use yours......
"God helps those who help themselves" is a quote by Ben Franklin in Poor Richards Almanac. The quote is contrary to anything God has to say about His relationship to man, as is the rest of your analysis. Like I said, "Those who reject the truth can only believe a lie". I suggest that you practice what you preach in reference to a minimum amount of research and some common sense. It's much harder to conceal your ignorance than it is for you to acquire some knowledge.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back