Dad's lesson ends in tragedy

Link to an excellent article on NRO (also posted in LEO Encounters thread) by Mark Steyn, "The Drift Towards Despotism."
The Drift toward Despotism | National Review Online
I think you'll like this one Blues.

It would appear that the good Mr. Steyn has been reading my posts. LOL

I did enjoy that, and agree with it as far as it goes, but he really didn't even scratch the surface of recent signs of creeping despotism, like the Dorner manhunt that trashed the Constitution in four counties of SoCal, one of which is the largest county in the entire nation (San Bernadino County). Or the Boston Bomber manhunt, with local, state and federal governments committing the same kinds of usurpations, albeit within a much smaller area and for a shorter period of time.

But I like Steyn and read/listen to him whenever I get the chance. Thanks for another chance.

Blues

just another reason the LE should not have lethal force.
So, you must also believe that none of us should be armed/gun owners, since a few criminals in society choose to use them to murder their neighbors...

The bad apples need to be weeded out, whether they wear uniforms or not!

Seems like LEO needs to spend more time in the classroom studying how to handle crisis situations, instead of going through 5000 rounds in one day for training. Geez what good is it to know how to shoot? If you don't know when it is appropriate to shoot.
Actually, I doubt if more than a few Leo's go through 5,000 rounds in a 20 year career. And, from the sound of things, all too much of their classroom training anymore leans toward the "shoot" in "shoot/don't shoot."

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back