CWP holders in schools

Contrary to what you may think, denial is not just a river in Africa. You have been called out on your compromising and statist statement and then asked a hypothetical question. Because to honestly answer said question you would have to directly contradict yourself, you go for the redirect. And now you're trying to entirely change the subject. This is not a thread about whether or not you like Sumter county. Try staying on topic.
So, here are three direct questions to which I (we?) expect a direct answer. If a law was passed in South Carolina that relaxed firearm regulations for all CWP holders except those in Berkeley County, would that be a fair and just law? Would you feel that those who benefitted from the new law were a special class of citizen or that you were being discriminated against? Would you still have the cavalier attitude that it's a step forward by giving certain people additional priveleges and not others?

what you are talking about is the complete opposite of what is being proposed. if the abilities were in place and then restricting, then yes i would say it's a bad deal. what we're talking about here is people GETTING abilities where no one had them. being as how it cannot be done and people are getting abilities, i would hope that others would follow suit. in a certain aspect, teachers are already being denied their ability to carry to work that all other cwp carriers have the ability to do (except for working in noted off limits areas). i can carry to work, why shouldnt they? you're now looking at people working in private sector jobs getting benefits that are being restricted from teachers (the scenario you were throwing out about county to county). is it right? no. are we in one of the places where these abilities are actually coming up and potentially being passed? yes.

I've already written one email to all the senators who were not sponsoring S 242. Naturally I haven't gotten a response yet and it's been well over 2 weeks. My basic idea in that email was that as the law stands right now, every time a gun enters a school it's most likely going to be in the wrong hands...so why not change the law to allow some of those guns to be in the right hands? They can boast safety statistics and procedures all they want, but they have proven themselves failures, and I'm the one who has to sit in a classroom and wonder just how hopeless I would be if a shooter walked in.

I'm planning on writing another email to all the senators this week, and I'll try and brainstorm some new logic. God knows they need some logical thinking to balance out all the political thinking they do. Is there a way to get their mailing list. I can't find their @scsenate.gov emails anywhere.

I wouldn't expect a response unless you live in their district and I doubt you will find a list of email addresses anywhere. They prefer the web forms. I use a form filler on the web form and cut and paste my message to make it faster. For what it's worth, the SCSenate web format is [email protected].

My senator told me over the phone this weekend that no amount of arguing nor point making could make him vote Aye on an amendment that will allow concealed carry in schools.

Thomas McElveen
Little Tommy McElveen is a far left, liberal progressive, anti-gun douche. I can't believe that we as a constituency were stupid enough to vote him into office. But then between the gerrymandered district lines and the piss poor competition he had in the election (Tony Barwick? Really?) he was essentially guaranteed a victory. And since I mentioned Barwick, during the primary and prior to the election, every time I asked him a question about gun rights, I got the deer in the headlights look along with an answer that he was an NRA member and a hunter.
Back on topic, McElveen is never going to budge on his anti-gun stance. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Don't forget, Daddy McEleveen is a long time member of Mayors Against Illegal (make that any) Guns. All we can do is start working now to vote him out of office.
Link Removed

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back