Customer kills gunman during Jacksonville robbery attempt

I have a second home in Jax and always carry when there. Believe me...Jax is full of folks just like the hero at the Dollar General Store. I'd wager that more criminals are killed there by lawful citizens than any other city in the country. The city is lovingly called "Southern Georgia". The only difference is that the law-abiding citizens have "an attitude" about criminals.

9mm beats 911 every time.

its only a matter of time before the general public will wake up and take up.
then the criminals will just have to victimize each other.
i ve owned guns since i was a boy. mostly for hunting. never gave much thought about owning one for self defence. but that was a different world.
the world before crck, meth, heroin and all the other drugs on the street .now i own 2 hand guns. one for me and one for my wife. and a cc permit.
im sure there are thousands more folks out there that feel the same way about guns and drugs.
i cant cure the world of drug addiction. i can only try to protect myself from the addicts untill they destroy themselves.

Jacksonville neighbors, including 68-year-old couple, get the jump on intruder

By Tracy Jones

Joanne Farley, 68, has always been a light sleeper. So when a man burst through her French doors last Thursday covered in blood, she was ready to defend herself.

It started about 4:30 a.m. with a man using a knife to pry open a sun-room door of another home down the street in the 500 block of Arlington Road in Jacksonville. Homeowner Maya Trout, 33, fired birdshot at him after discovering the intruder when his dog started barking, police said.

The wounded man ran down the hill and into the Farley home, toppling through their granddaughter’s pool floats, tossing his knife on the kitchen counter and stumbling into their bedroom. He yelled, “They’re after me,” and handed Farley her phone begging her to call the police, she said Wednesday.

After losing sight of him, Farley realized her bathroom door, which is always open, was shut. She pushed it open, and the man pushed back. He grabbed her, and she grabbed his T-shirt right back. She told the 6-foot-2 man he was hurting her.

“I wouldn’t hurt you for anything in the world,” the bloodied man said.

They continued to tussle until her 68-year-old husband, Joseph Farley, who had triple bypass surgery last year, entered the bathroom and tried to grab the intruder. But the man grabbed Farley’s arm and pushed him out of the way.

He continued to run wildly through the house, Joanne Farley said.

“He was whacked on drugs, and he was very, very high,” she said.

She was able to corner him in the laundry room and called 911. Meanwhile, her husband grabbed his gun from the bedroom and held the man at gunpoint until police arrived.

“My home is my domain, and I’m going to protect it,” she said. “Any woman would.”

Afterward, her nightgown was covered with blood. Both of her arms are still severely bruised.

Alejandro Antonio Carlson, 32, of Haverhill Street was taken to Shands Jacksonville hospital and is now held on $50,000 bail, charged with armed burglary and assault. He has had five arrests in Jacksonville and at least one in Marion County, jail records show.

“When someone bursts through your house and you’re sound asleep, you don’t think,” Joanne Farley said.

Instead, these neighbors reacted.

Read more at Jacksonville.com: http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/...ar-old-couple-get-jump-intruder#ixzz265KRA9EN

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back